Old buddy getting old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gotten really vocal lately, much more than he used to be. Doesn't seem to be in distress, just wants to talk. And not just about food!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went back to Ohio for a high school reunion and left Big Boy in the custody of my roommate who’s been diligently giving him his medicine.

Be a good boy! Daddy will be back soon.

EAD077BF-6EF3-4D76-8039-2BF3E928D8A4.jpeg

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, back from Ohio, and the pretty countryside, paved down the middle . . .

Wait wait stop . . . .

Took Big Boy to the vet's yesterday and he's pretty good, no crystals in the pee, but weight fell a few ounces. My roommate used a different schedule for extra food and meds, but we're back to normal, though now he wants canned food in the morning too. Spoiled him and gave some today. And will tonight. Wanna try to fatten him up just a bit.

And, got him a clipper, the subject of which was another thread. Trimming Big Boy without getting clipped | TheCatSite Took off a huge hunk of hair, like an Evil Mouse of Doom had latched onto him. He didn't appreciate the process, but managed to do it without cutting him.

Thanks to everyone who's helped! I'll follow the "acclimatization" suggestions about clipping (lurkers, take a look).

hunk o' big boy.jpeg

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, back from Ohio, and the pretty countryside, paved down the middle . . .

Wait wait stop . . . .

Took Big Boy to the vet's yesterday and he's pretty good, no crystals in the pee, but weight fell a few ounces. My roommate used a different schedule for extra food and meds, but we're back to normal, though now he wants canned food in the morning too. Spoiled him and gave some today. And will tonight. Wanna try to fatten him up just a bit.

And, got him a clipper, the subject of which was another thread. Trimming Big Boy without getting clipped | TheCatSite Took off a huge hunk of hair, like an Evil Mouse of Doom had latched onto him. He didn't appreciate the process, but managed to do it without cutting him.

Thanks to everyone who's helped! I'll follow the "acclimatization" suggestions about clipping (lurkers, take a look).

View attachment 462171
I hope you had a great visit :)
When I wanted to get some weight on Sarah, I started giving her kitten food and I think the extra caloric intake did the trick. If you haven't, that might be something to try to get a few more ounces on him.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you had a great visit :)
When I wanted to get some weight on Sarah, I started giving her kitten food and I think the extra caloric intake did the trick. If you haven't, that might be something to try to get a few more ounces on him.
Fancy Feast Kitten!

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the extra toe bean fur! Did he have it as a kitten?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's getting his beauty rest (not that he needs the help!)
I hope tomorrows vet trip goes well, and is just a routine check up.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the rooting. He’s really getting bony. Also asking for a check for ear thingies.

That blue cloth is his official Big Boy Sleeping and Napping Thingie, which he really seems to appreciate a lot. He keeps my right flank well guarded against night spirits….