LOST Fans?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was definitely set in the future, implying they definitely do get rescued at some point. The bit about Jack's dad was weird though, what's the story there??

And how did Penny know to call the Looking Glass?? I mean, there must be lots of random signals stopping and starting with the amount of boats out in the ocean? At least she knows Desmond is alive...

I cried when Charlie died

And who's on the boat coming to get them? Are they more "Others" who are there for backup when things go to poo? Did Ben call them in? He said the chick wasn't who she said she was, and Jack shouldn't make the phone call.... which of course means Ben wants him to...

Ohhhhh MAN!!!!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It was definitely set in the future, implying they definitely do get rescued at some point. The bit about Jack's dad was weird though, what's the story there??

I cried when Charlie died

Ohhhhh MAN!!!!!
If it's set in the future, then why did they show his ex wife and him acting as he still has feelings for his ex wife??
AND talking about his dad as if he's still alive- that's why I thought it was in the PAST....

I'm more confused than ever now.

Guess I'll watch it tonight to see if I can be "LESS" confused.

I KNEW Charlie would die from the spoilers I read.. The way he went out was heroic though!! And he died warning Desmond so Des could hopefully help others. *sniff sniff*

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... I'm not entirely sure that Charlie dies. It showed him in the water, but, you know... that window was big enough he could have gotten through it, and it would have been a straight shot up to the top of the water, so.. it's entirely possible that he could have kept his head above water until after the portal was covered by the water level, where the water wouldn't have been rushing in.. and then simply swam out that window.

I think the future previews show Kate with someone... maybe not Sawyer as whoever it was seems to be a bit controlling maybe?? At least that was the impression I got from the "He'll be wondering where I am" or whatever she said. It was definitely the future though.. with Jack talking about going back to the island and with the Golden Pass that Oceanic Airlines issued to them.. And what's up with Walt coming back... man did he look older or what?? That's probably why they wrote him off the show in the first place, he was getting too old to play the part they cast him for because it's taking them so long to get it filmed? Kind of like the Harry Potter crew.

Anyway, liked Kate's hair in the future. I can't believe they'd kill Charlie off when he's one of the few characters that is really well liked. Given their iffy ratings right now, you'd think they'd try not to do anything to PO their watchers. As it is, my sister is talking about not continuing to watch it because Charlie was one of her favorite chars.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Sawyer was going to die so you can imagine my shock

I do feel vindicated however as I had said all along that the Others/Hostiles were the 'good guys', if only Jack had listened to Ben and not allowed Dharma to take the island back

Most upsetting thing is that we only have 48 episodes to go and I can't wait til January

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Yeah... I'm not entirely sure that Charlie dies. It showed him in the water, but, you know... that window was big enough he could have gotten through it, and it would have been a straight shot up to the top of the water, so.. it's entirely possible that he could have kept his head above water until after the portal was covered by the water level, where the water wouldn't have been rushing in.. and then simply swam out that window.
Possible...

Anyway, liked Kate's hair in the future. I can't believe they'd kill Charlie off when he's one of the few characters that is really well liked. Given their iffy ratings right now, you'd think they'd try not to do anything to PO their watchers. As it is, my sister is talking about not continuing to watch it because Charlie was one of her favorite chars.
Thats weird as a lot of people on other forums hated Charlie and it could have been that the producers looked at their request to see him go

Epona wants to know why Kate wasn't in prison?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet that Charlie is dead...he was supposed to die. It would honestly ruin the emotional impact if OH! He's alive! You know? I liked him though, I really wanted to see things develop more between Claire and him.

Go Hurley!

I'm royally confused after the ending. I understood that it was in the future, but like everyone else, I wonder who Kate is with, who's funeral that was, why Jack keeps mentioning his dad (although my wife says he's mentally ill now) and what happened to him that he wanted to get on the island again. It's kind of strange because of how Ben and Locke are saying that getting off would be a mistake.

I just wonder how, now that they've shown a glimpse of the future, how they're going to work everything for 3 more seasons.

JANUARY!!! AAAAAAAAAH!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go along with the mentally ill thing- Jack definately seemed to be either drunk and/or hallucinating and falling around the pharmacy

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I go along with the mentally ill thing- Jack definately seemed to be either drunk and/or hallucinating and falling around the pharmacy
Yeah he was addicted to Oxycodine (I think it was...I'm assuming they were going for an Oxycontin knock off). I hate Locke now..I used to like him but now I'm on my wife's side. Him killing Naomi...I don't know.. I just don't know who's side he's on and why he's acting the way he is.

I wasn't surprised that he healed though. I'm sure Ben was pretty
surprised

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Epona just looked at Wiki and they say that Lost will run from Febuary to May for the next three seasons

At least I know that it will have a clear ending, though I suspect the final season may involve getting back to the island

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all I'll say is holy smokes!!!! wow that was an awesome season finale, and this show has definitely turned itself around
this is me the whole show

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still can't believe it.... or that we have to wait till NEXY YEAR to find out what the heck happened. Matt and I also think that the way Charlie "died" was a little stupid. I mean, couldn't he have shut the door from the outside? Sure, he couldn't have locked it then but the pressure from the water would have held it closed.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I still can't believe it.... or that we have to wait till NEXY YEAR to find out what the heck happened. Matt and I also think that the way Charlie "died" was a little stupid. I mean, couldn't he have shut the door from the outside? Sure, he couldn't have locked it then but the pressure from the water would have held it closed.
That's what I thought too, but then my husband said that Charlie knew he was supposed to die in order for everyone to get rescued. So if he didn't die, Desmond's vision wouldn't come true.

I LOVED the finale.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

That's what I thought too, but then my husband said that Charlie knew he was supposed to die in order for everyone to get rescued. So if he didn't die, Desmond's vision wouldn't come true.

I LOVED the finale.
Very true! I was honestly a little disappointed. And was it me or was it more like a one hour finale with one hour of commercials?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Very true! I was honestly a little disappointed. And was it me or was it more like a one hour finale with one hour of commercials?
There were a ton of commercials, but there were so many surprises that I didn't mind. I almost needed the breaks to reflect on what was happening.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Why does Jack keep referring to his dad as if he was still alive?
My guess is that he was referring to his dad as if he was still alive so that we woudn't realize that the "flashbacks" of him were actually of the future until that very last scene. Either that or he is just living in a state of delusion. That mustache and beard did not suit him at all!!! Ewwwww!!

Oh, and according to this website: http://lost.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page the next season will begin airing in February, not January. Really sucks!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think the future previews show Kate with someone... maybe not Sawyer as whoever it was seems to be a bit controlling maybe?? At least that was the impression I got from the "He'll be wondering where I am" or whatever she said. It was definitely the future though.. with Jack talking about going back to the island and with the Golden Pass that Oceanic Airlines issued to them.. And what's up with Walt coming back... man did he look older or what?? That's probably why they wrote him off the show in the first place, he was getting too old to play the part they cast him for because it's taking them so long to get it filmed? Kind of like the Harry Potter crew.

OKay now I understand why I was so confused- I missed the part about the golden pass that ocean airlines issued to them so that's why I thought it was in the past!

Charlie is not coming back. I read that his contract was NOT renewed.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's MY reactions- Will have to post several times since this won't let me put in all the face expressions.. GRRR

It's starting!
:Jack lookin at what?

He's jumping??

How dare u beat Charlie!

You guys go!!
BLOW THEM UP!
NOOOO!!! JIN, Sayid, Bernard!!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's his ex wife?

DESMOND! HELP Charlie!!

BOY, jack sure does not look good!!

AWWW POOR Hurley!

LOCKE! WALT!?!

HUH?? Jack says "ILY" to Kate after kissing that B**** lady doc?!

Who's coffin is that?!
How sad- no one attended the viewing..
Who does Jack keep calling??

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JACK! Beat the S*** out of BEN!
HOW DARE BEN order their deaths!!
AWWW.. reunion of mom/daughter!

Come on Charlie! press the keys!!

HURLEY! You're AWESOME!!!!!!!
GET THEM Hurley!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! Jin, Bernard & Sayid are ALIVE!

HUH?? Is that Des's girlfriend??
She's NOT on the boat!? OH NO! WHERE's that patch guy go?! uh oh! uh oh! uh oh! NOOOOOOOOOO CHARLIE!! AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
AWWW Charlie's warning Des!

NO! Signal got through?!

WHAT?! Locke shot her!?
NO JACK! NOOO, DON'T ANSWER!!!

WHAt?! That's KATE??!
Who is Kate with?!
Wow.. Jack really loves her... Why didn't he show her that EARLIER! Jeez..
you want to go back?!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON!

I would love to see YOUR reactions! LOL..