LOST Fans?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh ok... surely they would have put 2 and 2 together back then and realised the underwater structure with the cable attached to it would have very possibly been where the cable on the beach led...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh ok... surely they would have put 2 and 2 together back then and realised the underwater structure with the cable attached to it would have very possibly been where the cable on the beach led...
You would think!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow. I just found this thread and read the whole thing... I think it has been about an hour!! I didn't realize how much I had forgotten!! I am very excited about what is going to happen next week too!!

Originally Posted by sarahp

It was very interesting seeing the flashback of Ben's like - and Richard (is that his name??) - why has he not aged?? And why when he met Ben when Ben was a kid is he not the "leader"?
I can't wait for next week!
My thoughts exactly. I was wondering when I watched it if that was the same person. He should be at least 20 years older...

I am glad that I stuck through season 2. It almost "lost" me.
hehehe. It is definately getting better, and more interesting.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

what is going to happen next week too!!
My thoughts exactly. I was wondering when I watched it if that was the same person. He should be at least 20 years older...
I reckon more than that!!! Ben was a kid when they met, and I reckon he's at LEAST 40 in the series...

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They seem to be building up to a really good finale- I just can't stand the almost endless wait between seasons

I'm guessing that Locke isn't dead- seems a shame that every time there is an opportunity to kill off Charlie the producers mess up however

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

Wow. I just found this thread and read the whole thing... I think it has been about an hour!! I didn't realize how much I had forgotten!! I am very excited about what is going to happen next week too!!
It's amazing that it's only been 3 seasons. Last night they did a recap of sorts where they reviewed all the major questions and then re-answered the ones that had been answered already. It was great for me because I forgot a lot too.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I can't WAIT for the finale!!

I just read some spoilers and I KNOW one person who will die..
The contract for that person has not been renewed. I want to say who but at the same time I don't want to spoil the surprise for others..

Should I post the name???? I'm dying to talk more about this person...
OR must I wait till after the finale??
I don't wanna know! I have several suspicions but I wanna be surprised. Plus, if I know I'll have to tell Matt and then he'll get mad at me for spoiling it if he doesn't already know.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend, Scott, my sister and I were having this discussion and I will tell you something that we found... Scott was over watching the Tivo'd episode from last week when Locke and Ben went to see Jacob.. and when all the stuff starts flying and it flashes from Locke back to Ben.. I had originally thought when I first watched that I saw someone sitting in the chair. Of course, I figured I just imagined it.. sister watched that episode and said, I didn't see anything. So, Scott's here watching it.. and I was wondering about doing other things, and he says... how do you get this to go frame by frame... so, he'd seen "it" too... we went back frame by frame and lo and behold "Jacob" was actually there. And we freeze framed it.. and he looks like Richard with hair much like Desmond's, only much more straggled and gray.

This led to a comparison between Jacob and Richard, and the guy that Ben first met in the woods when he was a kid and turned off the perimeter fence.. (who also looks like Richard).. and as far as we can tell, it's the same guy. This, of course, was determined after much studying of facial features (hooked nose, bushy eyebrows, jawline, ear shape, complexion flaws..sunken eyes..).. and as close as the three of us can tell, it's all the same person. Now, you have to allow some margin for error on the Jacob portion of this as there is only a short time period in which we saw him, and even freeze framing it you still can't get a quality picture of the person.. but we can't figure out why he's not aging.

Richard looks to be the same age when Ben arrives as a boy, when Ben kills off his father and then goes back to camp.. Richard is there..same age, and is the same age now that Ben is in his 40's (that's my guess on his age, anyway)...

Now the guy that Ben met as a kid in the woods.. looks like Richard but if I remember correctly, he's got longer hair... and could have been the "young" version of the long haired image of Jacob in the cabin... maybe Richard has a twin that no one knows about...??? Maybe he was one of the natives they keep referring to?

I don't think Locke is dead. I think Locke is going to be rescued by Jacob... who, in theory, is the force that makes the island run.. Locke's always had a close bond of some goofy nature to that island.. sort of to the point of being "chosen?" I don't think he's going to die. I think he's the picked replacement for Ben.

That's my theory, anyway.

Julliette.. good. I really dislike Jack. Had an argument about whether or not Jack had an obligation to tell the rest of the crew what Juliette said to him. Sister says he didn't, since it was done in private. I said, since he's the "leader" he did have an obligation to tell everyone. I just don't like his holier than thou attitude, like he's the only one deserving of information. I mean, really, he plays the part perfectly. Holier than thou doctor who thinks that only his decisions are the right ones.. anyway...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

My friend, Scott, my sister and I were having this discussion and I will tell you something that we found... Scott was over watching the Tivo'd episode from last week when Locke and Ben went to see Jacob.. and when all the stuff starts flying and it flashes from Locke back to Ben.. I had originally thought when I first watched that I saw someone sitting in the chair. Of course, I figured I just imagined it.. sister watched that episode and said, I didn't see anything. So, Scott's here watching it.. and I was wondering about doing other things, and he says... how do you get this to go frame by frame... so, he'd seen "it" too... we went back frame by frame and lo and behold "Jacob" was actually there. And we freeze framed it.. and he looks like Richard with hair much like Desmond's, only much more straggled and gray.

This led to a comparison between Jacob and Richard, and the guy that Ben first met in the woods when he was a kid and turned off the perimeter fence.. (who also looks like Richard).. and as far as we can tell, it's the same guy. This, of course, was determined after much studying of facial features (hooked nose, bushy eyebrows, jawline, ear shape, complexion flaws..sunken eyes..).. and as close as the three of us can tell, it's all the same person. Now, you have to allow some margin for error on the Jacob portion of this as there is only a short time period in which we saw him, and even freeze framing it you still can't get a quality picture of the person.. but we can't figure out why he's not aging.

Richard looks to be the same age when Ben arrives as a boy, when Ben kills off his father and then goes back to camp.. Richard is there..same age, and is the same age now that Ben is in his 40's (that's my guess on his age, anyway)...

Now the guy that Ben met as a kid in the woods.. looks like Richard but if I remember correctly, he's got longer hair... and could have been the "young" version of the long haired image of Jacob in the cabin... maybe Richard has a twin that no one knows about...??? Maybe he was one of the natives they keep referring to?

I don't think Locke is dead. I think Locke is going to be rescued by Jacob... who, in theory, is the force that makes the island run.. Locke's always had a close bond of some goofy nature to that island.. sort of to the point of being "chosen?" I don't think he's going to die. I think he's the picked replacement for Ben.

That's my theory, anyway.

Julliette.. good. I really dislike Jack. Had an argument about whether or not Jack had an obligation to tell the rest of the crew what Juliette said to him. Sister says he didn't, since it was done in private. I said, since he's the "leader" he did have an obligation to tell everyone. I just don't like his holier than thou attitude, like he's the only one deserving of information. I mean, really, he plays the part perfectly. Holier than thou doctor who thinks that only his decisions are the right ones.. anyway...
I like your theory but I don't see a resemblance with Richard & Jacob.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Did you see anyone else that may have looked like him, because we couldn't figure out who he might have been... that's provided of course that he was someone who has already been introduced.. but we figured for sure that he'd be someone that was in Ben's flashbacks. We all thought he looked like an older version of Richard, but then.. you know, we didn't get a precisely clear visual on the "flash" to him during the cabin scene so.. it's kind of hard to tell.

Any theories on who he might be?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Did you see anyone else that may have looked like him, because we couldn't figure out who he might have been... that's provided of course that he was someone who has already been introduced.. but we figured for sure that he'd be someone that was in Ben's flashbacks. We all thought he looked like an older version of Richard, but then.. you know, we didn't get a precisely clear visual on the "flash" to him during the cabin scene so.. it's kind of hard to tell.

Any theories on who he might be?
I honestly don't think we have seen Jacob before as any other character. I am not good with theories though.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I can't WAIT for the finale!!

I just read some spoilers and I KNOW one person who will die..
The contract for that person has not been renewed. I want to say who but at the same time I don't want to spoil the surprise for others..

Should I post the name???? I'm dying to talk more about this person...
OR must I wait till after the finale??
DON'T YOU DARE SAY A THING!!!!!!!!! I absolutely do not want to accidentally read about it!!!!

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I agree - the person Ben met in the woods was definitely Richard - whether it's Richard's father, or Richard himself is yet to be seen.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already had someone spoil part of the end of this season for me and would appreciate it if no-one said anything on this thread. Apparently there is a spoiler on t'interweb which reveals the final two episodes scene by scene. I really can't understand why someone would want to know the ending that badly tbh- I'm looking forward to a big suprise

Of course the biggest suprise would be to see Charlie die as I hate his character but I suspect I'm not going to get my wish this season

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I've already had someone spoil part of the end of this season for me and would appreciate it if no-one said anything on this thread. Apparently there is a spoiler on t'interweb which reveals the final two episodes scene by scene. I really can't understand why someone would want to know the ending that badly tbh- I'm looking forward to a big suprise

Of course the biggest suprise would be to see Charlie die as I hate his character but I suspect I'm not going to get my wish this season
I know exactly what you are talking about cause I read it. I couldn't resist.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm staying away from all internet references to Lost - I want to be surprised!!!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh dear. I must stay away from that site. I adore my LOST and I don't want to ruin it for myself!!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They seem to be building up to a really good finale- I just can't stand the almost endless wait between seasons
Well you're going to have to wait alot longer after this season ends. Season 4 isn't going to start until January 2008

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I watch, haven't missed an episode since it started. As many say, it can be frustrating at times when we get lost watching lost, lol. It still keeps me interested tho and I do care about most of the chracters.