LOST Fans?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One could always hope it's Ben's funeral but... you know, who knows? With this show it could be anything. And, you have to wonder if we'll ever actually know what happens after they get off the island other than what flashforwards they do, which aren't actually the reality of what happens when they get rescued, so.. we'll probably just never get that satisfaction.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Maybe I didn't scan far enough back in the thread.... but did anyone else thing that it might have been Ben's funeral?
I was thinking that when I watched it. Just watched it today. WOW! The flash forward was different. When Kate stepped out of the car, I was thinking, "wow, that really looks a lot like Kate"... Then I realized it was her... HMmm... I was thinking she maybe is with Sawyer. Dunno?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

He's certainly not any worse than Locke in my book.. but, you know.. I think they just left it open-ended so that they could go there if they wanted to later on.
I'm not so sure about that. Locke has never killed a another group member in cold blood like Michael did (and Hurley's girlfriend at that!)

Originally Posted by sarahp

It's highly possible that someone changed their name AFTER they got rescued because they didn't want to be contacted by media or other Losties... maybe someone like Locke? I can't imagine him having a big funeral attendance.
Ohh... you may be on to something. I can't see him changing his name though.

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

But Ben's last name is Linus, unless that's not his real name.
Very possibly... remember he stole an identity when he was first introduced... maybe he's done it again on the mainland.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Locke killed several of the others. He's certainly done things that are much more self-serving, like having Boone climb up in the plane, blowing up the sub, deliberately blowing up the hatch that was rigged w/dynamite so that no one would be able to contact the outside... killing the parachutist so that she couldn't radio the outside.. pushing the "other" Mikhale.. through the sound barrier, tying Charlie up, or was it Boone.. I remember him tying someone up but can't remember who.

Michael, while he definitely wasn't a favorite character.. I can see his motivation. His kid was in danger. He may have planned on killing Anna Lucia, but honestly... I think getting Libby was unintentional. I would have to look at the episodes again to see.

I just think Locke is *completely* self-serving. Michael was faced with having to save his kid. Locke just wants to mess up everyone else's life cause he doesn't want to be crippled. While I can understand that, it's certainly a lot more selfish imo than committing a crime because your kid is in danger.

Honestly, though, I don't particularly like either character, although I did like Walt. I really liked Boone, though.