LOST Fans?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie's definitely dead according to the producers... here's the article about killng him off. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...vent/800015786

This is supposedly the guy they had playing Jacob in the one frame shot during the cabin scene. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175262/#actorinp but I can't find where it says that he played on Lost.

I'm still not convinced even if they do intend to kill off Charlie for good that they aren't shooting themselves in the foot. If their ratings drop, then it's entirely possible that they'll bring him back regardless of what they're saying now.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I'm going to go back and watch the season finale again... I want to freeze frame that obituary or article that Jack tore out of the paper and see if I can't get a clue as to who they're talking about.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Oh, and I'm going to go back and watch the season finale again... I want to freeze frame that obituary or article that Jack tore out of the paper and see if I can't get a clue as to who they're talking about.
I just posted a link recently with a picture of that article so check it out in my previous post!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I checked www.imdb.com and there is no character on the show with any last name that resembles the one in the article.
Yeah I agree- couldn't remmy any characters names that'd resemble the name in the article.

One theory- maybe some of the names used by characters on the island aren't their TRUE names so that's why?? Some want to hide their pasts so they change their names??

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soley based upon how the story was set-up - Kate and Jack in that scene, I am betting it was James (Sawyer)

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some more clues from the obituary article-

Another hint- Someone no one likes (even Jack said he was neither friend nor family), probably from New York (based on the clipping), with no family has a funeral in a predominantly African-American neighborhood (the episode made that quite clear). HMM.

Why would Jack assume that Kate would go to the viewing and why would Kate react as if why would she visit? That may give us a hint of who the person may be..

Also this person must have meant a lot to Jack since he was soo upset and ready to jump off the bridge...... Right?? But again why would he say "neither" when the funeral director asked if he was family or friend..

One theory I've read in another blog which I LIKE and is a possibility I think..

This could be an "alternate reality" and that could explain why Jack's father is still "alive". Remember the title of this episode was "through the looking glass"...

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I took a look at that clipping there.. well, I didn't look at this link but I did look at the picture from a link from somewhere else, so I'm assuming it's the same link and what everyone is saying they can make out is about what I could on the one I looked at so I think I'm just going to go back to the paper.. I have a high def large(r) screen (not huge) tv where he first sees the newspaper article and I'm going to see if I can zoom on it there while it's flat (or anywhere else it shows him with it).. there are a number of places they show that article, I think.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Some more clues from the obituary article-

Another hint- Someone no one likes (even Jack said he was neither friend nor family), probably from New York (based on the clipping), with no family has a funeral in a predominantly African-American neighborhood (the episode made that quite clear). HMM.

Why would Jack assume that Kate would go to the viewing and why would Kate react as if why would she visit? That may give us a hint of who the person may be..

Also this person must have meant a lot to Jack since he was soo upset and ready to jump off the bridge...... Right?? But again why would he say "neither" when the funeral director asked if he was family or friend..

One theory I've read in another blog which I LIKE and is a possibility I think..

This could be an "alternate reality" and that could explain why Jack's father is still "alive". Remember the title of this episode was "through the looking glass"...
Where Charlie died is called the "looking glass".

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Or maybe it was just a random obit they pulled out of the paper for the scene and that is why what we can see of it doesn't make any sense. Maybe we aren't supposed to see it, just know that it is an obit?

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Or maybe it was just a random obit they pulled out of the paper for the scene and that is why what we can see of it doesn't make any sense. Maybe we aren't supposed to see it, just know that it is an obit?
I doubt it! They know how rabid we LOST fans are.

I cried about Charlie.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

I doubt it! They know how rabid we LOST fans are.

I cried about Charlie.
I know what you mean about Charlie but... What a way to go! He died a HERO and with dignity..

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought the finale was awesome but it was quite disappointing when you realize that the flashback was actually a flashforward and then realize this is how Jack turned out. Kinda depressing.

Hey, I wonder if next season they will start having flashforwards instead of flashbacks?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Hey, I wonder if next season they will start having flashforwards instead of flashbacks?
That would be QUITE interesting!!! I would love to see that

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

That would be QUITE interesting!!! I would love to see that
I have a feeling that is how the season will go. I dunno if I like that idea or not. I just hope the answer the unanswered questions of the island's mysterious powers and such.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I have a feeling that is how the season will go. I dunno if I like that idea or not. I just hope the answer the unanswered questions of the island's mysterious powers and such.
yeah right! they won't answer all the questions till the series finale I bet
I just am so glad that they turned this show around