LOST Fans?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the flash forward was an alternate reality. I agree that the title of the episode, Through the Looking Glass, referred to more than just the underwater station. There's been a whole Alice in Wonderland thing...down the rabbit hole...Ben has rabbits....all kinds of stuff. I don't think Jack was mentally ill when he said his father was alive. I think in that "reality" he is alive.

As far as whose funeral it was, it could well be someone we haven't met yet.

I also think it's interesting that people are still mad at Locke. As it turns out, he's absolutely right...at least as far as we can tell. Naomi was not who she claimed to be. If that is the future, maybe they aren't supposed to leave the island. Something horrible must transpire to reduce Jack to being a drug addict...and everyone kept asking him if he was still drinking. How bad must it have gotten to get Jack to that state, and on the brink of suicide? I don't think any of this is set in stone, though. I think that this is one "possible reality".

I thought Charlie's final scene was really well done. True, he could have escaped, but I agree with the poster that said he sacrificed himself to fulfill Desmond's premonition of him dying so that Claire and Aaron would be rescued. Well, that, and so that he can get back to making movies on the big screen.

As usual, those evil geniuses have answered so many questions, but left so many more. February you say?

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I think the flash forward was an alternate reality. I agree that the title of the episode, Through the Looking Glass, referred to more than just the underwater station. There's been a whole Alice in Wonderland thing...down the rabbit hole...Ben has rabbits....all kinds of stuff. I don't think Jack was mentally ill when he said his father was alive. I think in that "reality" he is alive.

As far as whose funeral it was, it could well be someone we haven't met yet.

I also think it's interesting that people are still mad at Locke. As it turns out, he's absolutely right...at least as far as we can tell. Naomi was not who she claimed to be. If that is the future, maybe they aren't supposed to leave the island. Something horrible must transpire to reduce Jack to being a drug addict...and everyone kept asking him if he was still drinking. How bad must it have gotten to get Jack to that state, and on the brink of suicide? I don't think any of this is set in stone, though. I think that this is one "possible reality".

I thought Charlie's final scene was really well done. True, he could have escaped, but I agree with the poster that said he sacrificed himself to fulfill Desmond's premonition of him dying so that Claire and Aaron would be rescued. Well, that, and so that he can get back to making movies on the big screen.

As usual, those evil geniuses have answered so many questions, but left so many more. February you say?
Very good theory. I'll have to ponder that! Yeah, February 6 is the first air date of season 4. That is way too long to wait!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I know what you mean about Charlie but... What a way to go! He died a HERO and with dignity..
I thought he died an idiot... What Desmond saw in his vision was Claire and Aaron getting into a helicopter - how does Charlie know it's a rescue helicopter, and not the one from the supposed boat that the chick parachuted from?

She said it was sent by Penny, and it's obvious Penny had nothing to do with it, so you'd think Charlie would want to live so Claire doesn't go getting into a "rescue" helicopter that isn't really a rescue?!?!?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point! Although maybe he didn't think that through in the few seconds he had to make the decision.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I had have been giving my life to save Claire because a rescue ship was nearby.... then discovered the rescue ship wasn't actually sent by Penny, and there may not actually even be a ship out there, then I'd be checking with Desmond what he actually saw in the vision before I went killing myself.

The water wasn't exactly coming in fast through the porthole, and there was a lot of the looking glass to get filled in before they actually drowned - they would have had plenty of time to get the scuba gear and get out of there, so they could BOTH go and warn the rest of the beachies that it seemed to be a trap of some sort.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched the finale, I had taped it since I was watching AI last night. It was very good but again left you hanging till next season, those last 5 minutes will sure keep me guessing till next January.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Watched the finale, I had taped it since I was watching AI last night. It was very good but again left you hanging till next season, those last 5 minutes will sure keep me guessing till next January.
February.... February 6 to be precise

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother in law thinks that the person who died is Kate's mother. That would explain why she didn't go, and he might have gone to the viewing in hopes that she'd be there.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

My brother in law thinks that the person who died is Kate's mother. That would explain why she didn't go, and he might have gone to the viewing in hopes that she'd be there.
That makes sense!!!

Would no one have shown up though?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The obituary said it was a man's body that was found. Also, why would Kate's mom be so disliked or alone in life that nobody would go to the funeral? The neighborhood was in an African American community. That must mean something.

Sarah, I agree that there are a lot of holes in Charlie's death scene. Someone (either here or on another board) posited that maybe he was trying to save Desmond. He knew Des would want to see Penny at any price, so he made sure he couldn't get in. Still flimsy. I can see how he couldn't get out initially once the grenade went off. That's a lot of water coming in. Eventually, though, if he were thinking straight, he could have kept breathing in an air pocket for as long as possible, and wait for the water pressure to equalize, and then swim out. Overall it does seem fairly sloppy for a show where everything means something. Desmond did tell him that no matter what, Charlie was destined to die...everything Desmond did just stalled the inevitable. Maybe Charlie accepted it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

The obituary said it was a man's body that was found. Also, why would Kate's mom be so disliked or alone in life that nobody would go to the funeral? The neighborhood was in an African American community. That must mean something.

Sarah, I agree that there are a lot of holes in Charlie's death scene. Someone (either here or on another board) posited that maybe he was trying to save Desmond. He knew Des would want to see Penny at any price, so he made sure he couldn't get in. Still flimsy. I can see how he couldn't get out initially once the grenade went off. That's a lot of water coming in. Eventually, though, if he were thinking straight, he could have kept breathing in an air pocket for as long as possible, and wait for the water pressure to equalize, and then swim out. Overall it does seem fairly sloppy for a show where everything means something. Desmond did tell him that no matter what, Charlie was destined to die...everything Desmond did just stalled the inevitable. Maybe Charlie accepted it.
I think Charlie was just accepting his fate which is why he didn't think about leaving that room.

You mentioned the neighborhood of the funeral home, could it be Michael's funeral? I dunno why they would suddenly bring him back into the show even if it is for his death.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't think they wrote Michael or Walt off completely. I think we're going to see more of them later on... it was never answered whether they actually escaped or not beyond getting on the boat, and even though Michael betrayed them, it's.. eh, remotely understandable as to why he did it in order to save his son... I mean, he obviously had issues with turning them over to the others. I think he might be likely to send someone back as a rescue team.. or try to get back there himself to save them. He's certainly not any worse than Locke in my book.. but, you know.. I think they just left it open-ended so that they could go there if they wanted to later on.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Well, I don't think they wrote Michael or Walt off completely. I think we're going to see more of them later on... it was never answered whether they actually escaped or not beyond getting on the boat, and even though Michael betrayed them, it's.. eh, remotely understandable as to why he did it in order to save his son... I mean, he obviously had issues with turning them over to the others. I think he might be likely to send someone back as a rescue team.. or try to get back there himself to save them. He's certainly not any worse than Locke in my book.. but, you know.. I think they just left it open-ended so that they could go there if they wanted to later on.
Oh I'm positive we'll be seeing more of them...or at least more of Walt. Ben's been adament that nobody leaves the island (except for the loyalists he allows to go on assignment). Why then Michael & Walt? At the time Ben said he let them go because he gave his word, but he's proven since then that his word means nothing. Michael and Walt are somewhere, but I'll bet my paycheck that they're not safe at home.

Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

You mentioned the neighborhood of the funeral home, could it be Michael's funeral? I dunno why they would suddenly bring him back into the show even if it is for his death.
It could be, I really don't know. I think it may also be someone we don't know yet.

On another tact, I wonder who Naomi was working for? She had a picture of Penny & Des, and was to find Des. We now know that it wasn't Penny who sent them. I wonder if her father did? He's always hated Des. I also sort of remember something about him having some connection to the island.

Also, are the "Others" aging? We now know that Ben wasn't an original Other, but a Darma member. When he first meets Richard Alpert in the jungle, he's what? About 13 or so? Later, when Ben kills his father, how old is he supposed to be? Richard Alpert hasn't aged at all. Ben looks older than Richard now.

I had a weird thought during the "flash forward". Kate was worried when she met Jack at the airport that "he will wonder where I am". The only one who is that controlling is...well...Ben.
I still say something horrible happened between when Jack contacted the ship on the phone, and when we see him in the flash forward.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read that Michael is definately not coming back. Also like I said, I looked on www.imdb.com and no charactre has a last name that looks close to the one we see in the clipping...unless like someone said, they changed their last name. But they'd have to change it so it appears on the plane manifesto as what they told everyone too. I don't see any reason why they would do that.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's highly possible that someone changed their name AFTER they got rescued because they didn't want to be contacted by media or other Losties... maybe someone like Locke? I can't imagine him having a big funeral attendance.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It's highly possible that someone changed their name AFTER they got rescued because they didn't want to be contacted by media or other Losties... maybe someone like Locke? I can't imagine him having a big funeral attendance.
Well what I meant was that, they know each other's last name because of the plane manifesto right? So if someone decided to change their last name after the crash, that wouldn't make any sense.

I bet it's probably someone we haven't been introduced to yet.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well what I meant was that, they know each other's last name because of the plane manifesto right? So if someone decided to change their last name after the crash, that wouldn't make any sense.

I bet it's probably someone we haven't been introduced to yet.
Maybe I didn't scan far enough back in the thread.... but did anyone else thing that it might have been Ben's funeral?