CJ update

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations CJ. Great job little Mama. We want to see pictures of your sweet kittens ASAP.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay!!! Such wonderful news to wake up to! I am so excited for you and CJ!!! Kittens are so precious, I can't wait to see yours!

Congratulations CJ and Cassie!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Congrats on the third baby! I hope CJ is having a much needed rest now!!
Yep! She got up once, got a drink of water, and laid back down, and hasn't moved much since! She's sleeping now, cuddled up with all three of her babies!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovelydoll3479

wow, arent ginger girlies unusual?? i have only really heard of male ones (unless im just missing out some where!) what a clever mummy, you must be so proud of her, and relieved it went so well? what a wait it must have been
As genetics have it, Red girls are statistically challenged, the reason for this is because in order to get a girl both Mom and Dad have to have the red trait, which means the father has to be Red and the mother at least Tortie.

HOWEVER; white masks all colors, so if this kitty is indeed female, that would mean that CJ would have to be carrying the masked red gene.

Correct me if I'm wrong... Caterpillar? Ken???

BTW - congrats on your 3 babes Cassie - cant wait for the pics!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the babies Cassie - you must be so proud of your girl

I hope everything is going well for mom and babies today and can't wait to see piccies of the happy little family.

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol! Marianjela, you and Ken are the genetics experts, not me! I'm still confused. Now, Punky, a tortie female, carries the red trait, but what if she mates with a white male?? She could still have black, red, tortie, or calico kittens, but would she have any solid white ones? Hmmm....

Way to go CJ! Congrats to all the Momcats and kittens!
for kitten pics. Please post pics asap. We would love to see them!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillar

Lol! Marianjela, you and Ken are the genetics experts, not me! I'm still confused. Now, Punky, a tortie female, carries the red trait, but what if she mates with a white male?? She could still have black, red, tortie, or calico kittens, but would she have any solid white ones? Hmmm....

Yes if she mates with a white male she could have an all-white kitten. White is a dominant trait and offspring only needs one gene for it to show that trait. If the White male were homozygous white (double dominant carrier, WW) - ALL kittens would be white.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny that the kitties have different birthdays. Grace's kitties are the same way: some were born late the night before and some were born around midnight or 1 in the morning.

I hope all is well there!!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Cassie, it's been a long time since I had momcats and babies around, so humor me, how 'bout a picture of CJ nursing or sleeping with her babies? That always looked so sweet to me!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

You hit the nail on the head! I konked out at around 2:30, and wake up to my mom telling me that CJ had another kitten at around 3:00. I stayed up for a while, and then wnet back to sleep. It doesn't look like CJ' going to have any more babies. I think that three is all she's going to have!

The third is an orange one, just like the second. The gender or the third is unkown, but, the gender of the second is male.

How exciting!

Let us know if there is any more, and pictures are needed right away!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillar

If Punky a Tortoishell female was mated to a White male she couldn't have "Calicos" (Tortoishell Bicolours) unless the male carried the appropriate gene.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

If Punky a Tortoishell female was mated to a White male she couldn't have "Calicos" (Tortoishell Bicolours) unless the male carried the appropriate gene.

And exactly why I'm hoping the daddy to Willow's baby was a 'with white' cat, regardless of color. Willow, who doesnt carry the piebald gene would only produce tortie babies, unless the dad carries it. Here's hoping for a little Cali' to call my own!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, CJ had two more babies, I'm so proud of her. Cassie you did a great job. Can't wait to see pics of the kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Sam,
CJ and Billy's mom is an orange and white stray cat. I believe their father to be a smokey gray cat. (He's the only tomcat I know of, and we saw them, P.S.
) I was told by someone on TCS, that if this is true, CJ being a white cat is extremely rare. They said some way to tell, with CJ's kittens, if she is this rare type. I wonder, could she be rare like they said? Not that it matters to me... I'm just curious.

Thanks!