CJ update

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here with ya Cassie -- hey! at least it's the weekend! I think CJ knew what she was doing all along. Now if only I can get so lucky...

lovelydoll3479

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
congratulations on the wonderful kittens. cant wait to see some photos! my two are getting big and bell is due hers anyday. must be the week for it lol. Well done CJ

tigerlilys momm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Ugh! Not again, why am I always last? Ha! The anticipation is killing me and reading this site and about everyone else's babies just makes it that much longer

No really, for your sake I hope she has them soon! You have been through enough! And hope you have a heartful of healthy babies!

Actually I "prefer" Willow to wait 'til tomorrow night or this weekend so I can be home for it! And for this reason alone, Murphy's Law dictates it will be tonight! I know, I'm such a selfish momma

I'm glad I started writing about her though. It's kinda nice having a journal -- even if it is out there for all to see

I was reading another thread of a cat that had kittens last year, the owner thought she was over 70 days, but all turned out well (mostly well) in the end. She musta missed something somewhere, or who knows, but it was interesting reading the thread - all 18 pages of it - as it documented her progress day to day.

I first realized Willow was pg on Easter when felt the faint movement of a baby, the thought just crossed my mind a few days before that as I kept wondering why she was getting bigger instead of slimming down. We got her from the humane society only a few weeks prior to that and they said she had just had kittens. And we thought this is why she was eating a_lot. You know, this momma just got done weaning kittens, of course she's gonna eat more than my 100-lb dog
[bit of an exaggeration -- maybe]

So last week we went to the vet and he confirmed her royal-roundness. Earlier this week I noticed her teats starting to fill, and what? the day before last night I realized they were REALLY full, so much so that they sag on the ground when she sits. Then last night for the first time I *seen* movement. That was exciting. And she actually wanted me to pet her belly, this from a cat that hated it any other time. Interesting to see that other momma's experience this too.

I read from the other thread that when her mucous plug breaks, in the all-likely event that I don't see it happen, that I might notice anyway as she is a long haired cat. I have noticed she's been quite (to put it nicely) unclean back there lately with everything sticking to her furry butt, but I guess we can blame her hygiene (or lack there of) on her roundness again!

Speaking of which. Last night when she laid on the floor for me to pet her, she actually ~rolled~ to get from one side to the next. It was a site to see. I mean roooolled. :ROFL:

And I'm just not sure if I can be the momma that breaks out the thermometer.... just don't know if I wanna know quite that bad.... but I really would like to be ready and there when she does! Any one reading this -- do you suggest it? if so, do go out and get a regular rectal thermometer? And is it difficult to get momma to stay still for this? Not like I don't have 5 non-fur kids of my own, but just wondering how much different it is for a cat?!

Oh yeah -- one more thing -- despite her fullness in her "udders", I still have not been able to express any milk. Though they are still flaky.

Oh well... my time will come, in the meantime, this has been one heck of an experience! and thank you to all who have shared it with us!
Hi... My cat is a year and 3 months old and she is actually in labor right now... My doctor and I really dont believe in the whole thermometer method. But sometimes it may work... My thought was that it just stressed my kitty out more. I took Lily's temperature 2 weeks ago and it was below 99.5 for a few days, which should mean labor in 24 hours, if going by "the book". But then two weeks later still no babies.... The best thing to do is let nature take it's course unless you see any warning signs. Good Luck!! Kitten birth is so wonderful, the babies really are so dependant on their mommy!!!! The mother really know's what she's doing, just support her. Congrats!!!!

tigerlilys momm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!! I actually am having kittens be born right now, and I took my Tigerlily to the vet today. He said that depending on when and how many times they were mated (since cats can have kittens from multiple fathers in the same litter), that a cat can have 1 kitten and then not deliver the rest of her litter for up to a week. If it goes past 2 days you should take them to a vet just for a check up but it supposidely does happen. Congratulations!!! Keep me posted!!!

tigerlilys momm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

She's nursing? Um, shouldn't she be having babies? Correct me if I'm wrong, bu don't they nurse only when all the babies are born?
Actually, the mother cat will nurse all of her babies in between deliveries. Her breaks between births can be 5 minutes all the way to a week. As long as she isn't constantly contracting and straining for over 45 minutes without a delivery, all is fine.
(I work at a Vet Office and have seen many deliveries, it's so neat because some cats are speedy and some are very slow progressers!!) I had one cat (patient) that had 2 kittens on a Monday at 2 in the morning, and then didn't have anymore contractions until the following Friday at midnight. The later born kittens were breed at a later date then the first 2 so they needed a few more days of growing. Good Luck!

lovelydoll3479

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i could wake up tomorrow with more kittens then! blimey never realised they could go a whole week between. isnt nature wonderful.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Cassie is finally getting some much needed rest!! And I'm pretty confident she'll wake up to another little furball!!

Way to go CJ!!!!
Be a good mum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

I think Cassie is finally getting some much needed rest!! And I'm pretty confident she'll wake up to another little furball!!

Way to go CJ!!!!
Be a good mum!
You hit the nail on the head! I konked out at around 2:30, and wake up to my mom telling me that CJ had another kitten at around 3:00. I stayed up for a while, and then wnet back to sleep. It doesn't look like CJ' going to have any more babies. I think that three is all she's going to have!

The third is an orange one, just like the second. The gender or the third is unkown, but, the gender of the second is male.

lovelydoll3479

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
way to go CJ. Congrats Cassie. they sound lovely. i adore white cats and gingers. brilliant.
all the best with them. are you keeping any???

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovelydoll3479

way to go CJ. Congrats Cassie. they sound lovely. i adore white cats and gingers. brilliant.
all the best with them. are you keeping any???
Probably not

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked, and the last one is a GIRL! An orange girl!

lovelydoll3479

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow, arent ginger girlies unusual?? i have only really heard of male ones (unless im just missing out some where!) what a clever mummy, you must be so proud of her, and relieved it went so well? what a wait it must have been

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Interesting how you can sex them so early. Even my vet sometimes gets the sex wrong on newborns so don't be surprised if your kittens have a sex change on you in the next few days.
Now when are we seeing pictures of these cuties? You can email me the pics and I will post them for you. You have lots of aunts and uncles here anxiously waiting to see the family.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovelydoll3479

wow, arent ginger girlies unusual?? i have only really heard of male ones (unless im just missing out some where!) what a clever mummy, you must be so proud of her, and relieved it went so well? what a wait it must have been
Yes, it was quite a wait! And also, yes, it is very unusual to have a ginger female. 90% of all orange cats are males. I have very proud of my baby girl! She did so well! She's got her figure back! LOL! Wow! Three kitties!