What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had steak, cranberry jell-o, corn, mashed potatoes with gravy and coleslaw. Very good!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, rice and. .......drum roll please. ......fish.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pike fish with rice and toasted and salted seaweed. My lazy dinner.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't have the beef last night....we ended up spending the day with decorating, baking cookies, and just working on various things in the house. I didn't feel like cooking and we really didn't feel like eating much of anything, so the beef is for tonight. 

I'm off work today....so our dinner will be the roast beef with popovers and gravy, roasted butternut squash, and garlicky green beans.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Greek Salad with chicken kabobs (just grilled chicken)..and a pita bread...yum!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making linguine shrimp pasta with butter, lemon, salt, lots of garlic, black pepper, paprika, basil, pepper flakes and olive oil. Topped with parmesan cheese. One of my fav!

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We cooked a turkey today (we bought 2 one for Thanksgiving, one for then and this one for later which was today) and had green bean casserole, jellied cranberry sauce, stuffing and homemade yeast roll. All was missing was mashed potatoes but we'll have those Christmas Eve. We're having Christmas dinner then as my brother has to leave Christmas afternoon since he has to work Saturday. We're having prime rib. I cannot wait!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Schnitzel and fries.
Schnitzel sounds good!  It is traditionally made with pork in Germany (Schweineschnitzel), but I know you don't eat pork. Do you use veal (Austiran Weiner Scnitzel) or another cut of meat? I have made it with chicken breast too, which I believe is the custom in Israel. Any way you make it it is delicious! Especially with some spicy mustard, au gratin potatoes, and pickled red beets with onions.

Tonight, I just had a ham sandwich with mustard and some chips. I needed something quick because I am wrapping Christmas gifts and putting up a few last minute decorations.  

Status
Not open for further replies.