What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably nothing. We were invited to friends house last night. She is aware of my gluten free diet and she told me the dishes that would be okay. We had barely got up from the table before I started getting sick.
My husband will probably make some bacon, eggs, and toast for us. I don't feel like eating much today. I try to be so careful, but if I get gluten, it works on me fast.
Aw. I'm sorry you got sick. You have to be so careful when cooking for someone who can't have gluten. It's in so many things that you wouldn't think it would be.  DD's BF can't have gluten or dairy. He had thanksgiving dinner with us and fortunately, everything went smoothly. I didn't serve anything that wasn't gluten and dairy free.

I hope you feel better soon.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw. I'm sorry you got sick. You have to be so careful when cooking for someone who can't have gluten. It's in so many things that you wouldn't think it would be.  DD's BF can't have gluten or dairy. He had thanksgiving dinner with us and fortunately, everything went smoothly. I didn't serve anything that wasn't gluten and dairy free.

I hope you feel better soon.
Kat0121 Kat0121 I am beginning to feel better now. Hubby made us some eggs and toast for supper. I couldn't eat much of it because my stomach is still not quite right. But tomorrow will be better. Yes, people don't realize that just a touch of something can cause some real problems to a person with a sensitivity to gluten. I went over and over again in my mind what I ate. It had to be either the cheese in the broccoli casserole or the cornstarch she used to make the gravy. I read that some shredded cheeses can have gluten and some brands of cornstarch. It is hard when we have to eat away from home. I really try to be careful.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoyed cheese pizza from a restaurant that comes close to my beloved NJ/NY pizza. And a salad with their homemade Italian dressing. Neither of us felt like cooking ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know.....we're going down to our grands' Christmas school play tonight (SIL has offered to Jackie-sit for us). It's a 2-hour drive and it means Harrisburg, PA traffic (a hassle throughout the week and a darn nightmare on Friday nights), so it won't be pretty. We'll leave early and I doubt we'll even bother with dinner tonight.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Kat0121 I am beginning to feel better now. Hubby made us some eggs and toast for supper. I couldn't eat much of it because my stomach is still not quite right. But tomorrow will be better. Yes, people don't realize that just a touch of something can cause some real problems to a person with a sensitivity to gluten. I went over and over again in my mind what I ate. It had to be either the cheese in the broccoli casserole or the cornstarch she used to make the gravy. I read that some shredded cheeses can have gluten and some brands of cornstarch. It is hard when we have to eat away from home. I really try to be careful.
I didn't know that about the cornstarch. I made a homemade vanilla pudding with almond coconut milk on Thanksgiving and I thickened it with cornstarch instead of flour (I used Wal Mart's Great Value brand). He ate it at our house and I gave him the rest to take home. He really liked it and DD said he finished it so I guess I got lucky with that brand. He's very sensitive to gluten.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KFC chicken bucket. You got a bucket of chicken (breast meat, thighs, legs and wings), coleslaw, mashed potatoes with gravy and biscuits. I was so hungry, I had 2 legs and a breast and plenty of coleslaw and 2 biscuits. I really don't like mashed potatoes of any kind...it's a texture thing for me but the rest was good!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Cordon Bleu with futtucini and steamed asparagus and, of course, I had some Chardonnay left over after I made the wine sauce, so I had a glass (OK, I had two glasses) of wine. About an hour later, while watching Serendipity on NetFlix, I had a cream cheese croissant and another glass of wine (OK, I finished off the bottle) - it IS Friday night and I'm not dead yet! LOL

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking burgers on the grill. It's really cold outside this morning and we are to get snow flurries today, but right now, that's our only means of cooking. Rick said he'd do them. I took some ground beef out of the freezer last night. And I also took the last container of crock pot beans out of the freezer, too. I have some lovely Yukon Gold potatoes, so will make just a little bit of potato salad....I can nuke chunked potatoes in the microwave to cook them.

Rick makes really good burgers! 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Still debating. I may be on my way to, or at, the theater to see Star Wars at dinner-time. Not sure yet.

I probably should have a stalk of celery for dinner though.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure what to have

either soup, frozen dinner or ravioli....

most likely soup or a frozen meal....

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh*  I just finished up lunch dishes from earlier and cleaned the kitchen - scoured drip pans, steamed out the microwave, wiped down cabinets and appliances... and now I gotta mess it all up again by cooking dinner? 

Seems like a lot of people are doing breakfast lately and it is sounding pretty good. Maybe some pancakes and eggs over easy (I am NOT frying bacon, LOL  I just cleaned the stove!) But, that requires cooking, so I might just do a bagel and cream cheese and some hot tea. I can handle that! One tea cup and a butter knife! Sounds like a plan to me...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

Still debating. I may be on my way to, or at, the theater to see Star Wars at dinner-time. Not sure yet.

I probably should have a stalk of celery for dinner though.
Movie was a no-go, so home watching the debate. Made my cheddar ale soup. It has celery in it, so does that count?

Status
Not open for further replies.