What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out for late lunch early supper with my cousin. Great Italian restaurant. I had chicken marsala with hand made pasta (rigatoni)...so good. My cousin had clams, lobster tail, scallops in a white wine sauce, served over hand made pasta (fusilli)..

Just relaxing, nibbling some cheese and crackers now, listening to some nice relaxing Christmas CD's...along with a glass of wine--of course my Yankee Candle, (Home for the Holidays) candle is lit and creating a really nice aroma....

I just feel as if I need some peace and quiet "mind" time.

Finally, it is quiet in this apartment building..it has been so noisy lately.. I am feeling my age.. I want quiet...no kids running and screaming down the corridor, no banging above, no noise from downstairs...nice and peaceful....

Thank you God,,,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Schnitzel sounds good!  It is traditionally made with pork in Germany (Schweineschnitzel), but I know you don't eat pork. Do you use veal (Austiran Weiner Scnitzel) or another cut of meat? I have made it with chicken breast too, which I believe is the custom in Israel. Any way you make it it is delicious! Especially with some spicy mustard, au gratin potatoes, and pickled red beets with onions.

Tonight, I just had a ham sandwich with mustard and some chips. I needed something quick because I am wrapping Christmas gifts and putting up a few last minute decorations.  
Chicken schnitzel.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's raining with predicted thunderstorms later tonight and perfect conditions for tornadoes - it is 64F, which is 25 to 30 degrees above normal! All my windows are open and I have been wrapping Christmas gifts all afternoon. 

So, I am thinking some tomato soup and grilled cheese will work! 

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the best beef byriani for lunch today. Really spicy but good. For dinner i had leftover chicken tikka massala and naan from lunch.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey ham with cherry pineapple glaze, homemade augratin potatoes, fresh French gourmet green beans cooked in bacon and balsamic, apple raisin walnut stuffing, sweet baked apples. Delicious! For dessert cheesecake with fresh raspberries, blackberries and pineapple! That was my Xmas dinner, leftovers today! (my favorite part)[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our Christmas dinner last night. Prime rib, yukon gold homemade mashed potatoes and gravy which I was able to eat they usually make me gag but omg yukon potatoes are amazing, shrimp, cheesy crusty french bread and mushrooms for the prime rib.

Tonight I am munching on homemade spinach artichoke dip and pita chips. So not really a dinner tonight but the dip is filling and amazing! Merry Christmas everyone !

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to my brother and SIL's house for Christmas dinner. It was delicious! Lots appetizers and then beef brisket with so many sides yum. My nephew who's in his mid twenties is a chef at a local tea room and he cooked with his mom who is also an excellent cook. I am stuffed.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate too much!

For Christmas Dinner: meatballs, ravioli, sausages, braciola, bread---miniature Italian pastries, coffee, wine, apple pie, more wine, stuffed to the gills....

Have a huge tray of leftovers which my friend gave to me!! and a pint of homemade sauce! 1/2 a pie, and some panetonne (Italian sweet bread in a lemon flavor) along with cheese and crackers...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A crab cake, some Caesar salad and a Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit that I made from the box mix they sell in grocery stores. It was just DD and me so we kept it simple.  A Dasani berry sparkling water to go with it.

Later I will have some Talenti sorbet. Some mango and some raspberry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a Christmas meal.

Veggie soup, very nice, chicken in teriyaki sauce, rice, coleslaw and green leaves in a sauce.

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like everyone else we had Christmas lunch cold ham and turkey potato salad coleslaw tomatoes olives beetroot fresh bread rolls etc. That's enough for another year. Oh forgot the prawns!

Status
Not open for further replies.