Weight Loss Support for the Humans

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!!!

I'm Jess. I got on the scale and read 196 and wondered where the extra 50 pounds came from. I am 25 and used to be rather petite in college... so it was quite distressing that it got on me so fast. I have been very hard to motivate until I saw that number, and I am vowing not to let myself ever get to 200.

2 fabulous websites that you MUST check out if you're trying to lose weight are www.my-calorie-counter.com and www.demandfitness.com. The calorie counter one has an awesome daily food journal, blog, exercise journal, tools, progress charts, and a forum with lots of nice people in there (even some cat lovers I think!) The fitness one is the BEST online fitness class website EVER!!! They have all levels, over 200 classes that you do right in your home. It is so awesome.

I am doing Pilates (8 sessions in now) and watching my calories. I am shooting for 1,200-1,600/day right now. I am giving myself the broad range because I know some days we mess up! Alcohol is my weakness, because I go to a lot of gatherings and cookouts and I am a very social drinker and love to have a couple beers or glasses of wine with friends.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jessica welcome to the thread!!!
I hope that you know that here you can talk to us whenever anything is bothering you and we are all here for you! A nice little support section! Congrats on getting going with it and I hope you stick with it!
Keep it up!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've looked at Alli and haven't tried to for 2 reasons. 1) I'm always hesitant to take any weight loss aid becaus I'm afraid of what will happen when I stop taking it and 2) one of the listed side effects it anal leagake!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I've looked at Alli and haven't tried to for 2 reasons. 1) I'm always hesitant to take any weight loss aid becaus I'm afraid of what will happen when I stop taking it and 2) one of the listed side effects it anal leagake!
Apparently, that's (hopefully) due to eating more than 15 grams of fat at a meal. Good way to keep you sticking to your diet, LOL.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Apparently, that's (hopefully) due to eating more than 15 grams of fat at a meal. Good way to keep you sticking to your diet, LOL.
I saw it before but am not into taking pills or what not. I especially don't want to take anything for losing weight, because if it really worked everyone would already be skinny (in my mind). I think the only real way to do it and keep it off is a life change. And that's what I'm trying to do. It is much slower but I know that I am going to keep it off!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's unfortunately true that there is no magical pill...

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone.. been *crazy* with our work schedules and I've barely been able to keep up with things, including TCS.

On that note, I did manage to *maintain* my weight but not lose anything, at last week's weigh in. I've been tracking my points, mostly, but last night I sort of blew it with two frozen margaritas, Indian food, and then a beef fajita at the happy hour at my sister's firm (my attorney looked at the other secretary and I and said, "go home" an hour before we were supposed to be done, so I went to her happy hour). Little did I know that I was going to get stuck at her job this week working on a project (thank you, sis, for volunteering me)... so I know I won't be eating healthy.

Anyway..welcome aboard to everyone new! All of you keeping up with things, GREAT JOB!!! SillyJilly thank you for keeping up with the thread.. that's really important to keeping everyone's motivation alive. Everyone who is having some difficulties, just remember that tomorrow is another day, and a clean slate. You can't change what you did in the past (no use fretting), but you can take control of what you do tomorrow. One day at a time. (I need to follow this advice for today and tomorrow, sheesh!)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Heather!! Nice to see you again!! Glad you were able to maintain that sometimes can be better! :bugthumb:

Originally Posted by Heather

Everyone who is having some difficulties, just remember that tomorrow is another day, and a clean slate. You can't change what you did in the past (no use fretting), but you can take control of what you do tomorrow. One day at a time. (I need to follow this advice for today and tomorrow, sheesh!)
I really like how you stated that and agree with you totally!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, and now if I was only as good at following my own advice, I'd be a size 7.. (okay, maybe a 12...)

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just curious but has anyone tried nutrisystem?

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to make a post on my progress (or non progress *cries*). I've been eating a lot less and we were exercising for a while but then we stopped
I plan to get that started up as soon as I get over this cold. Somehow I am still gaining weight, even though we've drastically cut down on snacks and meat, and I try to cook only low-cal things now. I even cut my beloved rice out of my diet and only eat it a few times a month now *sniff*

Anyway, obviously my level of activity still isn't enough for whatever we're eating. Does anyone know a good workout routine to start with for someone who is pretty out of shape?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walking is a great workout especially if you haven't done much. Start slow and do small walks. Then gradually get to doing more or going for a faster time. The key is to not push yourself too far too fast you will only hurt yourself if you do that and then you'd be back to not burning any calories again! Good luck!! :bighthumb:

As far as the nutra system, I've not tried anything. So maybe someone else on here will be able to help you with that one. I know we've got some WW gals here but not sure what the others are doing.

Today I walked 7.03 miles and feel really good! I figured out that that it over 10k !!
Crazy to me, I thought that was further than that. So that was a new goal to me. As far as my 50 miles in 30 days I've already passed that but have 4 days left so I am seeing how far I can actually go!! Right now, I am at just over 61 miles. So I'm feeling good about the amount I am doing but ticked cuz last week I still went up 2 lbs!
We'll see how this week goes!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I decided to try the Alli thing. It is actually a lot more of a program than a drug. You have a certain amount of calories, and fat grams allowed per day, and they have detailed meal plans, and little books that help you determine fat & calories in all sorts of food, including restaurants. You're supposed to do the low fat diet for a few days before you even start the pills. It's a LOT like Weight Watchers.

I'm going to DO it, and I'm going to get a really big reward if I lose 40 pounds, I think!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm back on the band wagon today. I'm going back on my "weight loss for idiots" diet. It's a 14 day program with the last 3 days being "cheat" days. I'm pairing it with the Hoodia 10 day diet pills. We'll see what happens. I've been really good about drinking tons of water but my weight hasn't changed. I don't have alot to lose but I'm thinking this will be a good jump start. The only "bad" timing is my niece's birthday tonight (at chuck-e-cheese) but apart from that I'll be on my "cheat" days when we have our reception in town.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm fessing up to needing to turn my flab into fab.

I began to eat out WAY too much this summer so all the clothes I bought no longer fit. Plus I haven't had the time or much motivation to go to the gym after work. So now I'm flabby. Yup even though its a small 4 lbs I've gained all the summer clothes I bought back in May are now TIGHT and uncomfortable.

So I'm back to doing the pilates home work out and lowering my carb intake. I'm also stocking up on fruits for snacks to meet my sweet cravings.

Blah...I just got down to my goal weight and was there. I blame the fact that I'm turning the big 3-0 soon.