Weight Loss Support for the Humans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, well, I made it through dinner. Chose a WW meal at Appleby's and looked at the little steak that came on the plate with the little helping of potatoes and was like... um.. where's the rest of the steak and potatoes???

But then it ended up being not a bad portion size, even if the brocolli content was double the size of the steak and potatoes. However, it was only a 7 point dinner. Of course, I added a salad to that, and three moz sticks.. but I had 22 points left for the day, so.. I'm sure it's fine.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great choice for dinner!!!
I love broccoli so I would have been in heaven with that!!
They do have very good potatos though!

Ok... today finished my 4 weeks to hit 50 miles. I ended at 68.74! I'm very proud of myself! Even if my WOB (work out buddy) bailed on me again today! I didn't let that stop me and I went for the whole walk!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Great choice for dinner!!!
I love broccoli so I would have been in heaven with that!!
They do have very good potatos though!

Ok... today finished my 4 weeks to hit 50 miles. I ended at 68.74! I'm very proud of myself! Even if my WOB (work out buddy) bailed on me again today! I didn't let that stop me and I went for the whole walk!
Good job Jill! And good job CatsAreBetter! Isn't it amazing that we get the dinner that looks so small, and it turns out to be just right? It's probably because of the super-sized portions that EVERYONE has come up with now!

I've kept my calories at between 1600 & 1800, and my fat below 60, (more like below 40) and I've lost 2.5 pounds!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome!!! Go Silly! You surpassed your goal (buy yourself a bonus gift for reward)!!!!

Klutchetta, great job! Hehe, I think I know where those 2.5 pounds went.. straight to me!
See, now, next week at weigh in I can blame it on you!

Let's see how I do today.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Good job Jill! And good job CatsAreBetter! Isn't it amazing that we get the dinner that looks so small, and it turns out to be just right? It's probably because of the super-sized portions that EVERYONE has come up with now!

I've kept my calories at between 1600 & 1800, and my fat below 60, (more like below 40) and I've lost 2.5 pounds!
Yeah, I've noticed portions are rather huge in restaurants now! Congrats on the weight loss!!
Keep up the good work Kim!

Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Awesome!!! Go Silly! You surpassed your goal (buy yourself a bonus gift for reward)!!!!

Klutchetta, great job! Hehe, I think I know where those 2.5 pounds went.. straight to me!
See, now, next week at weigh in I can blame it on you!

Let's see how I do today.
Well, my subscription is over as of sunday so I might buy myself that, though I might have to wait until I get paid cuz I don't know if I can swing it yet!
I better get to cleaning out my PM box!!

I just set a goal for myself to burn 10,000 calories in 4 weeks. I'll keep you all posted on how my progress is going with that!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool, let us know how that goes, because that's a very cool goal to set, but I honestly don't know how effectively I'd personally be able to calculate calories. Of course, now that I've gotten motivated to actually follow points, maybe I can start adding in a bit of exercise too.

Phew! Anyway, managed to not go very far over my points yesterday, and managed to keep them under what they were supposed to be for Friday. I broke into the extra 35 we're allowed for the week yesterday, but you know, altogether not bad. We'll see (provided I stay on track through today and until Wednesday) whether I lost any weight this week or not.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heather, There are places on the internet that will tell you how many calories you burn for doing certain things though they are not real presise. The Xbox thing we were working out with (Yourself Fitness which they have for PC too) tells you how many calories you burned at the end of it. Also my Nike+ Ipod thing that I have now tells me as well, so that's how I am tracking mine through that. I'll keep you guys posted weekly on how far I am and how far I have to go. Keep your head up Heather and just try your best. Your body will follow along when it's ready! We're all here for you. As far as my stuff is going. I had a good breakfast of this cereal that's really yummy and super good for you called "Great Measure". It has real high fiber, protien and low in fat! So right now, I'm killing time getting my water in before I go for my walk today. I'm aiming for 7 1/2 miles. I've given myself an unspoken (but now typed) unenforcable goal of trying to walk 10 miles in one walk before summers over. I don't even know if it's feasable but I am going to try, without hurting myslef ofcourse. It's not something that I am going to do if my body isn't ready for it. So... we'll see!

Later guys, got to tinkle then walk!
Darn water!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! It's possible to do 10 miles in a walk.. the Avon Breast Cancer walks are 25 or 30 miles over two days, so ...it's definitely possible, although, wear really good socks and shoes, because everyone I know that's done it says it's kind of hard to prepare for but the biggest issue is walking that far in your shoes (they all got blisters even though they worked out in their shoes a lot before hand).

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good luck! It's possible to do 10 miles in a walk.. the Avon Breast Cancer walks are 25 or 30 miles over two days, so ...it's definitely possible, although, wear really good socks and shoes, because everyone I know that's done it says it's kind of hard to prepare for but the biggest issue is walking that far in your shoes (they all got blisters even though they worked out in their shoes a lot before hand).
Yeah I heard about those breast cancer walks and that's sort of how I got the idea! A lady came in to my work who was going for one of those and it was 60 miles in 3 days... 20 miles a day they were doing!!
I would so die!

So yesterday I walked 7.76 miles!!
These shoes are only a week old and even though I had Dr Scholls last time, these are a different kind cuz they didn't have any more of the one's I had, and they started to hurt my ankles in the end. Buggers. I might be getting new shoes again soon! We'll see if I just need to break them in or what!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my official check in day is tomorrow, but it looks like I've lost about 3.5 pounds since last week. My brain didn't even register it because I hadn't seen that number for a while now, LOL.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... I'm getting discouraged!!
I'm up two more pounds. It's driving me crazy. I'm busting my butt, walking tons, not eating tons of junk, and I keep going up! It is my TOM this week, but I'm getting fed up! Ok, I just needed to vent!!!

Kim, congrats to you dear,
keep up the good work!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm up two more pounds. It's driving me crazy. I'm busting my butt, walking tons, not eating tons of junk, and I keep going up! It is my TOM this week, but I'm getting fed up! Ok, I just needed to vent!!!

keep up the good work!!!
Just think...with your TOM and everything, you'd be up 5 pounds this week! But you're keeping it off!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

keep up the good work!!!
Dude, what are you doing letting yourself get discouraged??? Don't be silly, silly! You know you're retaining water, and you know that you're gaining muscle.. you can't possibly not be gaining muscle with all the working out you're doing.

Look at the way your clothes fit. Look at your measurements. Do you look better when you look in the mirror?

You know, the scale may or may not catch up, but what's really telling is how your clothes fit, what your measurements are, and how you feel about you with doing all that exercise. You're accomplishing small miracles there, man! You're consistently hitting your exercise goals, and to me, at least, they seem like pretty high goals, so..you should be very proud of yourself.

Now, missy... get thyself to a mirror, look in it, tell yourself something positive and then give yourself a great big hug and a pat on the back and tell yourself how wonderfully you're doing! I mean it, right now.. GO!

oh, and for good measure... :nagging:

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Just think...with your TOM and everything, you'd be up 5 pounds this week! But you're keeping it off!

Dude, what are you doing letting yourself get discouraged??? Don't be silly, silly! You know you're retaining water, and you know that you're gaining muscle.. you can't possibly not be gaining muscle with all the working out you're doing.

Look at the way your clothes fit. Look at your measurements. Do you look better when you look in the mirror?

You know, the scale may or may not catch up, but what's really telling is how your clothes fit, what your measurements are, and how you feel about you with doing all that exercise. You're accomplishing small miracles there, man! You're consistently hitting your exercise goals, and to me, at least, they seem like pretty high goals, so..you should be very proud of yourself.

Now, missy... get thyself to a mirror, look in it, tell yourself something positive and then give yourself a great big hug and a pat on the back and tell yourself how wonderfully you're doing! I mean it, right now.. GO!

oh, and for good measure... :nagging:
I guess you guys are right... I have a mirror here at work so I will go and do that right now Heather, though people might point and laugh at me for doing it!
I just get to thinking that maybe I am not doing enough. Maybe I need to be eating even more protein again! Maybe I'm.. just too hard on myself! I feel fat these last few weeks which sucks but... (I am fat, otherwise I wouldn't be trying to lose weight!!) We'll see how it all works out in a few weeks. I'll just keep up with my walking and stuff.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, keep your goals, but don't set goals for yourself that you're unlikely to meet. You're much better off setting something that you know you can do (and are likely to do) than say, for instance... like if I set myself a goal to walk an hour everyday and managed to do ti for a week, I know I wouldn't keep up with it just because it's way too much at once for me.

You're doing really well, and you'll make it there. The scale doesn't always tell the truth. You have a lot of other things to take into consideration. Inches tell... and TOM always makes you heavier. Drink loads more water to help alleviate it, if you want (although no matter how much water I drank, I always weighed heavier at that point in time)...

Sheesh, if you get uninspired who are we all going to look up to???? You have to maintain for all the rest of us. And now that I've laid that burden on your shoulders...

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been not trying to set goals too high for myself but giving myself something to work towards. Like the goal I'm working on right now.. the 10,000 calories burned in 4 weeks. I figured out how much I burn in an average walk and figured on 4 walks a week and added a couple thousand! When I uploaded my walk from Sunday and today I am well above where I should be so far so I feel much better.

I don't think I'm really uninspired per sey, I think with it being TOM and seeming to be gaining it just all seemed to be too much at the moment.
I am feeling much better about myself right now and will go back to being the thread cheerleader and positive reinforcer that we all need in life! Thanks to all of you for lifting me back up again! I needed it!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you're uninspired at all... I'm just saying, don't look at that two pounds which probably in all likelihood is inaccurate given the circumstances.. and then set goals for yourself that are way higher than normal because the two pounds gain freaks you out because that might be setting yourself up to fail.. and I think you're doing really well, and are setting goals that seem to be perfect for you. As our team leader says, it will all eventually catch up... your weight, measurements, and fitness levels, etc.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys... I know I haven't posted since my introduction post. But I have a plan that you absolutely must try. It sounds cheesy, but it's developed by Suzanne Somers. She has a few books out on the plan, which is called Somersizing. In this plan she teaches that fat is your friend and sugar is your enemy. All you have to do is eat whole grains and cut out white flours, eat your carbs as a separate meal away from proteins/fats, and eat fruits alone. She talks about digestion and hormones and it all makes perfect sense. And... there are NO portions! You eat until you are full! And you would not BELIEVE some of the recipes in her book... egg crepes with spinach and ricotta filling and parmesan cream on top, or how about huevos rancheros... eggs scrambled with caramelized onions and topped with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. We're not talking about light sour cream or light cream... you eat full fat cream and sour cream. I would recommend going to the library to check this out, I have already noticed a difference after just a week. It's super easy to follow and you will see fast results!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information, Greenvillegal!

As for weigh in this week, apparently some of my "diligence" paid off, as I'm down 3 pounds from last week (which still doesn't equal my total weight loss from the first round...I'm still above that), but I've found it is easier to take it one day at a time, and to try to plan for something lower calories/healthier when you know you're going out to eat.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't think you're uninspired at all... I'm just saying, don't look at that two pounds which probably in all likelihood is inaccurate given the circumstances.. and then set goals for yourself that are way higher than normal because the two pounds gain freaks you out because that might be setting yourself up to fail.. and I think you're doing really well, and are setting goals that seem to be perfect for you. As our team leader says, it will all eventually catch up... your weight, measurements, and fitness levels, etc.
Yeah I see what your saying!!
You're a great help!

Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Hey guys... I know I haven't posted since my introduction post. But I have a plan that you absolutely must try. It sounds cheesy, but it's developed by Suzanne Somers. She has a few books out on the plan, which is called Somersizing. In this plan she teaches that fat is your friend and sugar is your enemy. All you have to do is eat whole grains and cut out white flours, eat your carbs as a separate meal away from proteins/fats, and eat fruits alone. She talks about digestion and hormones and it all makes perfect sense. And... there are NO portions! You eat until you are full! And you would not BELIEVE some of the recipes in her book... egg crepes with spinach and ricotta filling and parmesan cream on top, or how about huevos rancheros... eggs scrambled with caramelized onions and topped with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. We're not talking about light sour cream or light cream... you eat full fat cream and sour cream. I would recommend going to the library to check this out, I have already noticed a difference after just a week. It's super easy to follow and you will see fast results!
Will have to look into that. Thanks for the info. Hope it works well for you! Is it easy and a lifelong thing that you would be able to eat your carbs seperate and fruits alone? I mean... to me that would mean no more strawberry shortcake, or blueberry pancakes, or fruit on your cereal!!
Bummer!

Thanks for the information, Greenvillegal!

As for weigh in this week, apparently some of my "diligence" paid off, as I'm down 3 pounds from last week (which still doesn't equal my total weight loss from the first round...I'm still above that), but I've found it is easier to take it one day at a time, and to try to plan for something lower calories/healthier when you know you're going out to eat.
CONGRATULATIONS
HEATHER

Keep it up Baby!!