Weight Loss Support for the Humans

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
been thinkin about it, I have a friend that lost 40 lbs so far.....

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Thanks! I'm a little nervous, but either way the low fat diet will help.
Yup it can't hurt none at all!!

Originally Posted by twstychik

Well, I'm back on the band wagon today. I'm going back on my "weight loss for idiots" diet. It's a 14 day program with the last 3 days being "cheat" days. I'm pairing it with the Hoodia 10 day diet pills. We'll see what happens. I've been really good about drinking tons of water but my weight hasn't changed. I don't have a lot to lose but I'm thinking this will be a good jump start. The only "bad" timing is my niece's birthday tonight (at chuck-e-cheese) but apart from that I'll be on my "cheat" days when we have our reception in town.
Good luck honey and I know you'll do great!!
We're here for you!

Originally Posted by lunasmom

Well I'm fessing up to needing to turn my flab into fab.

I began to eat out WAY too much this summer so all the clothes I bought no longer fit. Plus I haven't had the time or much motivation to go to the gym after work. So now I'm flabby. Yup even though its a small 4 lbs I've gained all the summer clothes I bought back in May are now TIGHT and uncomfortable.

So I'm back to doing the pilates home work out and lowering my carb intake. I'm also stocking up on fruits for snacks to meet my sweet cravings.

Blah...I just got down to my goal weight and was there. I blame the fact that I'm turning the big 3-0 soon.
Ok Jenney!! I'm gonna beat you up now!!
(Just kidding!) I think the fruits are a great idea to help curb sweet cravings. You may also try the little snack size snacks and only have one in your drawer or at work or where you can get to it easily. That will help, actually getting the sweet but not too much of it! Good luck to you to lose those couple of stubborn pounds that snuck there way back into your life!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO LOW FAT here ... But I did amazingly lose another 6lbs evan eating some cheese cake

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just started reading this thread... and alas, I need to lose a few pounds. And I actually do too. As a fifteen year old girl who is 5'3", I weigh in at 160 pounds. Now, I have no idea what my ideal weight should be but this afternoon I'm going to force myself to go for a 30 minute jog!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For your height it says you should be 140, but some peoples bodies are not meant to be that small even if it says so for your height! I know with mine I should be around 150 but I am aiming no lower than 160 cuz I'd look bad!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it really really does depend on your build....I'm 5'2 and i still look like I have a good amount of weight on me at 115lbs, I've met others with the same height & weight that are next to nothing & 5 sizes less then me and I have big boobs...so i really don't get it what's up with my bod as far as that goes. Granted I've got a bit more on me now
but workin on it!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's just too generalized when it goes by height and weight alone. I actually weight a lot more than I look and if I got down to where they want me to be I would look sickly! One thing on me that looks big are my legs but they are all muscle from the top of the knees down but are still mammoth! I got big leg syndrom!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a friend like that, all muscles in her legs, my height & weight about 14o but was itty bitty other wise & would never thought that was her weight, she looked about 110

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think we all have our own body curses, short with big boobs and have a bad back...i'm sure they don't help ....

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lady once came into where I work and she was a dress lady at a bridal shop. She said that every single woman in there felt there was something wrong with them. Ankles too big, hips too big, no butt, breasts too small, chin too pointy, hair too short, fat fingers, chicken legs, etc. And you know what!!?? I so believe it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Ok Jenney!! I'm gonna beat you up now!!
(Just kidding!) I think the fruits are a great idea to help curb sweet cravings. You may also try the little snack size snacks and only have one in your drawer or at work or where you can get to it easily. That will help, actually getting the sweet but not too much of it! Good luck to you to lose those couple of stubborn pounds that snuck there way back into your life!
Thanks I need it. Tonight I found fried mushrooms "weigh" too good

I've got to get me some of those snack packs!!
100 calorie oreos here I come!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

A lady once came into where I work and she was a dress lady at a bridal shop. She said that every single woman in there felt there was something wrong with them. Ankles too big, hips too big, no butt, breasts too small, chin too pointy, hair too short, fat fingers, chicken legs, etc. And you know what!!?? I so believe it!
I believe it too....always something!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG I was watching Bridezillas this weekend and someone on there (who worked out everyday for like 2 hours) was complaining about a little extra skin right between the boobs and the shoulders. THEN she was making her bridesmaids work out and diet because she didn't want any flabby skin in photos.

I would be mortified to tell anyone they can't eat pizza because of my wedding

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've been doing my low fat diet for 3 whole days. (OK, maybe 2 1/2, LOL). I really like this plan. I'm not on the pills yet, that starts tomorrow. But I really like the journaling aspect - they have a website that you can log your food on and you can keep track of calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, nutrients, etc. It's really great!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenney I've had those 100 calorie oreo one's!!! So yummy!
And perfect size! Kim, I am glad it is going well for you already. Keep up the good work baby!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I did weigh in this week and was up 2.2 pounds... of course, I wasn't well behaved last week at all, since I had to work the weekend and everything was order in ...however, I've also noticed this week that I'm seriously retaining water, and so I'm wondering if at least part of that isn't due to water. In any case, I'm not going to worry about it so much, and just go day to day.

Today, so far, I've done well. This weekend, my son is in town. I will do my best to make it through with making good choices, instead of tasty much more yummy choices, like I normally do... and if I can do that, then I'm in good shape.

We shall see how it goes. Tonight is the first challenge with a dinner out. The big challenge, though, will be on Saturday when we go to the powwow where they're *sure* to have fry bread. Which. I. Love. A Lot. I'd almost bargain one of my cats away for a piece of fry bread (almost).

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heather I know exactly how you feel!! Thats not bad going up only a couple pounds. Just keep with it and if you have some fry bread at the powwow just eat one piece (or two if they are small) and do a little extra walking, or biking, or a few more situps! Have a blast and live life!