Weight Loss Support for the Humans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how I'm doing. I've stopped counting points, because I just am not on board with their system, although I've been trying to eat low calories the day before or the day after I eat something not so good. I'll see if I've lost any weight at weigh in tomorrow. Our leader has been on vacation and so we've not weighed in for two weeks. Maybe I've made a difference. Maybe not. I'm going to order a cable tomorrow so I can play the videos from demand fitness on my tv.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know how that goes. I've not heard of demand fitness before, how does it work and what exactly is it? Hope that helps to motivate you. One cool thing for me is they opened the pool back up at the Y and I can go in it any day but wednesday as it's not open pool when I can be there on wednesday.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First time posting on this thread. I was wondering how everyone is doing with their weight loss? I am down to 135 from 160. My goal was to be 130. But I really wanna get back into my 32s (mens). I am close to that but I not quite there. I can fit into 32s but they are still tight. So I will probably drop a little past 130 so I can fit into those and be comfortable in them. Which will probably be between 125-130. Once I can get into them then I start maintaining.

So how is everyone else doing?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demand fitness is www.demandfitness.com which has a lot of really cool websites on it. Someone else had posted it earlier on in the thread and I finally got around to looking at it.. one of the nice things is they have yoga for plus sizes "heavyweight" yoga, for people over 50+ pounds. If you can get a cable, you can download the videos to your computer.. or play them on your puter and then run the cable to the tv and play them through your tv for workouts (I don't have enough room by my puter).

Hi Ping! Good job on your weight loss! You're almost there!

As it turns out our WW meeting was cancelled today so I have no real idea how I'm doing. I don't think I've lost much, though, since my clothes don't really feel any looser.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

First time posting on this thread. I was wondering how everyone is doing with their weight loss? I am down to 135 from 160. My goal was to be 130. But I really wanna get back into my 32s (mens). I am close to that but I not quite there. I can fit into 32s but they are still tight. So I will probably drop a little past 130 so I can fit into those and be comfortable in them. Which will probably be between 125-130. Once I can get into them then I start maintaining.

So how is everyone else doing?
Congrats Ping!!
So far, I've gone from 277 down to 244, from a 26 pant to a 20 (some 18's, ok.. like 2 18's) from a 44DD bra to a 38D, and I can fit into XL shorts and night pants. Plus, I lost my butt shelf!
Hard to explain but I was estatic it was gone!
Still working though, I've got a lot further to go!

Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Demand fitness is www.demandfitness.com which has a lot of really cool websites on it. Someone else had posted it earlier on in the thread and I finally got around to looking at it.. one of the nice things is they have yoga for plus sizes "heavyweight" yoga, for people over 50+ pounds. If you can get a cable, you can download the videos to your computer.. or play them on your puter and then run the cable to the tv and play them through your tv for workouts (I don't have enough room by my puter).

Hi Ping! Good job on your weight loss! You're almost there!

As it turns out our WW meeting was cancelled today so I have no real idea how I'm doing. I don't think I've lost much, though, since my clothes don't really feel any looser.
I remember seeing that site! Let me know how that works for you Heather! I hope it is really nice and works great!
Good luck honey!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should jump on my home scale and see if I've lost anything, but honestly, I don't feel like I have. My clothes aren't significantly looser or anything. I think I'm going to look for that cable this weekend. That is, if I don't spend all my money on getting cheaper chicken to feed the masses... now that my grinder is arriving today!! Woohoo! (I know, it's a silly thing to be excited about, but I've been wanting to get a grinder for them for awhile).

You guys are doing really well. Keep up the awesome work, guys!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that I would catch up on this thread, since I haven't posted in ages - but it doesn't look like anyone else has either!

I weighed in yesterday and had lost 2.6 - bringing me to 38.2 pounds since the first of April. 40 pounds is my half way point! I bought a Gazelle strider and must say that 20 minutes a days is making a difference - plus it is fun and quiet. My goal is to be down 50 lbs. by December!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh congrats!
That is great work, 38 pounds is really impressive. How do you get up the energy to work out? I am always so exhausted when I get home and I only have a desk job...

I'm on the weight loss train as well. When I was in college I was 115lbs and last I checked I'm 158lb.
My goal is to try to get down to 120-125lbs. (115 was an insane weight for me. TOO SKINNY, belch!)

I have actually saved all of my jeans from five years ago just for when I lose the weight. >_> Of course....they'll be totally out of style by then but OH WELL.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

Oh congrats!
That is great work, 38 pounds is really impressive. How do you get up the energy to work out? I am always so exhausted when I get home and I only have a desk job...

I'm on the weight loss train as well. When I was in college I was 115lbs and last I checked I'm 158lb.
My goal is to try to get down to 120-125lbs. (115 was an insane weight for me. TOO SKINNY, belch!)

I have actually saved all of my jeans from five years ago just for when I lose the weight. >_> Of course....they'll be totally out of style by then but OH WELL.
I have some jeans saved as well - I tell my friends here at work that when I walk in to the office on casual Friday in jeans and blonde hair, they will know that I hit my weight loss goal!
I think that attending weekly WW meetings is part of my success. I also try to be very aware of the "points" that I am consuming.
As far as exercise, hmmmm, I HATE exercising.
I will not ever join a health club, I walk only in perfect weather - and in New England, I know that I will not walk in the cold, or the early morning when it is still dark. But I do get up early, so now I get up, feed that(fur) kids, and get the coffee ready. Then I spend 20 minutes "glideing", start the coffee and take a shower! Talk about time management!
I must say, morning workouts do invigorate me - plus, I know that I won't work out at the end of the day - I'm beat, even tho I also work in an office!
It sounds like your goal is attainable and not too crazy! Let's stay in touch and motivate each other!

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been reading a book called "The Supermarket Diet." It's written by a registered dietician and I really like it because if I eat like this I don't feel hungry in between meals. She has a boot camp diet for women which is $1,200 calories per day or you can just follow her $1,500 calorie per day plan and a stay slim plan for those who after losing need about $1,800 calories. So it's pretty flexible.

It's all about the glycemic index, calorie control, exercise and fiber. Studies have shown that if you take 2 groups of people eating the same amount of calories the people that eat the most fiber lose the most weight.

She tells you what to eat and what not to stock in your kitchen. It's a cool book.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I have some jeans saved as well - I tell my friends here at work that when I walk in to the office on casual Friday in jeans and blonde hair, they will know that I hit my weight loss goal!
I think that attending weekly WW meetings is part of my success. I also try to be very aware of the "points" that I am consuming.
As far as exercise, hmmmm, I HATE exercising.
I will not ever join a health club, I walk only in perfect weather - and in New England, I know that I will not walk in the cold, or the early morning when it is still dark. But I do get up early, so now I get up, feed that(fur) kids, and get the coffee ready. Then I spend 20 minutes "glideing", start the coffee and take a shower! Talk about time management!
I must say, morning workouts do invigorate me - plus, I know that I won't work out at the end of the day - I'm beat, even tho I also work in an office!
It sounds like your goal is attainable and not too crazy! Let's stay in touch and motivate each other!
Hmmm, I will have to find out more about this 'glider' thing.
Wish we had room for it in our apartment. I have a feeling it would eat all of our bedroom space. I do WW too!
Hello fellow cultie!

I do yoga once a week and then I want to try to power walk every other day. The points thing I sort of...let slide. >_> I think the good thing about the meetings (I don't go to them, I just use the online service) is that you share your success and failures with other members.
I may need to start doing that.

Ok we'll have to keep in touch, missy, encouragement goes a long way!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

I've been reading a book called "The Supermarket Diet." It's written by a registered dietician and I really like it because if I eat like this I don't feel hungry in between meals. She has a boot camp diet for women which is $1,200 calories per day or you can just follow her $1,500 calorie per day plan and a stay slim plan for those who after losing need about $1,800 calories. So it's pretty flexible.

It's all about the glycemic index, calorie control, exercise and fiber. Studies have shown that if you take 2 groups of people eating the same amount of calories the people that eat the most fiber lose the most weight.

She tells you what to eat and what not to stock in your kitchen. It's a cool book.
Ok that sounds cool.
I'll have to go pick it up next time I'm at B&N. I'm sooooo bad about counting calories. >_>

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a rough few weeks. Had really bad hip pain and had to take off acouple weeks. But since I went to the medi center and the doctors in that time I know I still went back down a couple pounds!
Though I actually do miss workign out. I've really gotten into it! So.. I think I am going to go back monday and do some gentle stuff again till I can work up to full out again. Glad to hear everyone else is doing well, hope that this fall can see us all loseing a few more pounds!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I've been having a rough few weeks. Had really bad hip pain and had to take off acouple weeks. But since I went to the medi center and the doctors in that time I know I still went back down a couple pounds!
Though I actually do miss workign out. I've really gotten into it! So.. I think I am going to go back monday and do some gentle stuff again till I can work up to full out again. Glad to hear everyone else is doing well, hope that this fall can see us all loseing a few more pounds!
Hey Jill, is it bursitis? I hope that's "all" it is, although, take it from me - it hurts worse than almost anything that can hurt with the hip. (BUT, it's not permanent!)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doc said I had an aggrivated sacrum and gave me a cortizone shot and a vicodin pill. After about 4 days the pain went away and I've been feeling a lot better.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Doc said I had an aggrivated sacrum and gave me a cortizone shot and a vicodin pill. After about 4 days the pain went away and I've been feeling a lot better.
Ouch! I hope that you're feeling better soon!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoa....just saw this thread!

So, here's my deal:
I'm by no means "overweight" but I have put on the "Freshman 15". Yeah...it sucks. I started eating out a lot, got a boyfriend (and we got lazy), and I stopped doing a lot of the exercise I used to do (not REAL exercise, mind you, but I stopped going out dancing, ect.
)

Anyways, it is to the point where my poor eating habits (in addition to my high-stress) have given me an ULCER!

Also, I feel like it all went to my belly (which got HUGE) and I can no longer fit into some of my clothes...

SO, here goes my attempt to lose it. Just the 15...
The plan:

Cut out Soda (doing great)
Walk at least 3-5 times a day (so far so good)
Cut portions (this is my short coming...
)

Ugh...I really want to go back to how I was before things get out of hand....

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My deal is that I went on the most evil birth control ever Depo Provera
My doctor told me I'd gain 5-10 lbs. Well 2 years and almost 40lbs later I stopped it. I'm only 5'1 and am at the highest weight I've ever been. I'm in the process of trying to loose it. But because of the quick change my body didn't handle it well. From extreme stretch marks to being constantly tired. I'll get into going to the gym for a couple weeks but something comes up to cause me to stop going. So here here
to all of us trying to better our lives.