Urgent!! Found tiny kitten, need help!

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just finished reading all the recent updates to this thread - last time I was here, it looked like she was about to be put down. I am SO GLAD to read that she is happy, eating, and tearing up her crate!!!

Sending lots of prayers and vibes that she continues to improve, and can get whatever treatment she needs. I will send a small donation too, when we find out where to send it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's still going strong. Her belly seems to be bloating a bit though, not sure why since she's still pooing about twice a day. I decided to cut back her food just a bit to see if that helps (maybe i'm overfeedin her??)
The University wrote me back saying that I would have to call and speak to the vet, so I will have to do that this Friday when I go to my parents house. ( I only have a cell phone and I am NOT calling long distance with THAT)

I also picked up some pumpkin to give it a try.
Her feces still smells really bad, but not nearly as bad as it did.

Oh, and btw- her crate was a disaster again when I got home, hehe.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alrite everyone!! Take a look at these pics. I know you guys are just thrilled to see pictures of bums!!

The first one is what her bottom looked like on the weekend when she was very sick, and the second one was taken just a few minutes ago- its not the best because the little stinker wouldn't hold still long enough to get a decent shot, haha. (As you can see- the swelling has gone down immensly)

And here are just some cute ones.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks much healthier. I am so glad she is doing better. Bless you and your uncle for giving her a chance and such good care. You are her angels.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AWWW, she is just the cutest little girl! I am SO glad she's starting to feel better, and is being playful, like a kitten should be! Bless her little heart, for being so young and going thru what's she has already..

I think its safe to say that she's won everyones hearts here on TCS, even though none of us have met her.. I know her story really touched my heart

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

AWWW, she is just the cutest little girl! I am SO glad she's starting to feel better, and is being playful, like a kitten should be! Bless her little heart, for being so young and going thru what's she has already..

I think its safe to say that she's won everyones hearts here on TCS, even though none of us have met her.. I know her story really touched my heart
She's touched our hearts too. This lovely little girl really deserves to live and you deserve a medal for what you are doing for her.

Keeping the healing going.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I'm happy to be reading good news about cute little Alley's improvement. Sending vibes for her continued success!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! The swelling has gone down in what? Half?? That is amazing!!

She is so cute!!! Yes, she has won everybody's heart! She is too too cute! a brave little fighter!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is such a tiny little bit, and you are such a great soul to take her into your heart! Whatever happens, you know that you have put your best into it.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little angel!!

Maybe you can ask your vet for help in writing the letter to the college.

Please keep us informed. I watch for your posts.

I hope she keeps ripping her cage apart. Great body language!!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going to call the clinic tomorrow evening from my mothers house since she has a long distance plan

I think there is something wrong with her hips though, as in a birth defect of some sort. At first I thought it was because her bottom was sore, but it doesn't hurt her anymore and she is still walking funny. When she walks her back legs are spread really far apart, and she wobbles. Its actually kind of cute. I don't think it will affect her any though, just make her more unique.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More good news!!!!! She had two formed poos today (not too mussy, not too dry) NORMAL POOS!!!!! I'm so happy.
I think maybe all she needs is a laxative, plus a spoon of pumpkin every day. Could be her system just needs a little help. She still strains and cries when she poos though, but at least its comming out much easier.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is great news!

Bet you never thought you'd be this excited over a BM!

What a good girl you have!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

I'm wondering if she might have a broken pelvis and some nerve damage?
Good thinking re: broken something given how and where she was found.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could very well be- but the pelvis would have to be healed by now though since it doesn't hurt her to walk. She does hop like a bunny though, hehe. Its cute.
It could also explain the BM issues too I guess. Maybe she'll just need to be on canned food, with pumpkin and a laxative every day???

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fracture could be healed (badly) but nerve damage may remain. It would explain a lot.