Urgent!! Found tiny kitten, need help!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I picked up when it looked like you were going to have to put her down and I was in tears... but there were still so many pages to go, I had a small hope... and I'm just bursting with smiles!

to you for being so wonderful, and many, many to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, shes still doing good today. Only one poo today, but thats better than nothing. I took her outside to play in the grass for a 1/2 hour or so, and she had so much fun!! She bunny hopped everywhere!

She should be able to go off the Recovery diet here in a few weeks, does anyone know of any low fiber foods?? They dont have to be extremely low, just on the low side.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just got back from her weigh-in. She is now probably around 6 weeks old and weighs 0.8lbs. She's gained .4lbs in the last two weeks!! YAY!!
Her eyes have also just started changing from blue to green- you can see a little green in them now.

The swelling in her bum is also almost gone. I'll have to take another pic later and show you all. Its amazing how much better she is doing. I am so excited.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I excited for you too!!

She could be the poster kitten for faith, hope and love.

God bless you guys!!

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe the poor little mite did have a fractured pelvis and any swelling is going down now?

I'm sure this little sweetheart is going to be just fine thanks to your love, determination not to let her die and sheer dedication.

You are a wonderful person

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BUM PICTURES!!!

and now some cute pictures...

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EXCELLENT turn of events!

She's a cute kitten, she'll make a nice looking adult, too, with the white feet and the facial markings.

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is just one adorable kitten

I think she's stolen hearts all round the world.

Long may she continue to thrive. Already she is beautiful - going to grow up to be a gorgeous cat

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup, shes a poly all right!!
Only problem is she has nails between her 'thumb' and toes so I'll have to let my uncle know those need to be trimmed regularly.
I'm switching her off her recovery food tomorrow as the vet said she's at a good weight for her size (haha- she's 6 weeks and only 0.8lbs and she's not skinny anymore- what a tiny little thing) Hopefully she'll catch up in size when she gets older.
If all things go good with the food switch, she'll be going to my uncle in a week. I know he's so excited to get her back. i'm going to miss her like crazy, but I know they'll give her a great home with lots of attention. Plus, they live close, so I'll be able to visit her every once in a while.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

Yup, shes a poly all right!!
Only problem is she has nails between her 'thumb' and toes so I'll have to let my uncle know those need to be trimmed regularly.
I'm switching her off her recovery food tomorrow as the vet said she's at a good weight for her size (haha- she's 6 weeks and only 0.8lbs and she's not skinny anymore- what a tiny little thing) Hopefully she'll catch up in size when she gets older.
If all things go good with the food switch, she'll be going to my uncle in a week. I know he's so excited to get her back. i'm going to miss her like crazy, but I know they'll give her a great home with lots of attention. Plus, they live close, so I'll be able to visit her every once in a while.
Does she need to go now? Don't take me wrong, nothing against your uncle at all, of course, but there is nobody quite like yourself for her... and she is so young... she went through so much... Her butt is still healing... IMO is way too soon for her to go...
Is there another reason for her to go so soon? Can you hold on to her until she is a bit older?
She didn't get this better by accident... It was you and your love and care... But I am afraid she can get into turn to worst and tiny like that who know how bad that can be... The stress of changing homes alone can bad... The insecurity of not having you... She is so so so young, and hs gone through so much...
Just my 2-cents for what its worth...

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She really is adorable! I'm so glad to see that she's doing so well now.

ETA that I agree with Carolina - she is so young, and is still healing - I personally would not want to put her through the stress of a move for a few weeks yet.

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree 100% with Carolina and Momto3Cats.

I fear the stress of a move could undo all the good you have done.

I'd wait a few more weeks yet.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My uncle is anxious to have her back. I think this would be better for her in the long run. Their kids (in high school) will all be home for the summer now and will be able to spend so much more time with her. At the moment, she is in a crate all day, and only gets out about an hour a day. It would probably be beneficial for her to be able to run around much more often.
I have also giving him all the signs to watch for. He is to check the amount of poo she has every day (if she hasn't gone for the day, then he knows to call me right away) and also to keep an eye on the swelling in her bum- if it starts to come back at all- again he is to give me a call.
She seems very stable now, and I know she wants more attention then I am able to give her- she is constantly trying to break out of her cage

I would not let her go if I thought it would make her sick. I know she will miss me, but she loves to cuddle and snuggle and they will be doing alot of that with her so I think she'll be alrite.