Urgent!! Found tiny kitten, need help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She only gets wet food- no dry. I've upped the amount of laxatives that she gets and that seems to be working. Poos are going back to normal.

She went home yesterday. They wanted her back, and of course, since its their kitten, I had no choice but to give her to them. I'm hoping this doesn't undo all the hard work I've done. She wasn't quite ready to go yet.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If in your opinion she wasn't ready to go, please keep a close eye on her. If you can, try to see her every day or every other day.

I hope their need to have her with them does not cause her to relapse. Her best interests should come first.

Keep us posted.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

If in your opinion she wasn't ready to go, please keep a close eye on her. If you can, try to see her every day or every other day.

I hope their need to have her with them does not cause her to relapse. Her best interests should come first.

Keep us posted.
IMO she shouldn't have gone... not just yet, not without being 100% ready... Sure it is "their" kitten... But really? They were with them for 2 days at the most; just found her and took her right to you to get her fixed up, as they didn't know what to do, right? You did a tremendous work on this little girl...
Look, I am in no way shape or form taking the rights of your uncle away... But as far as I am concerned, this little girl would not been alive had not been for YOU and everything YOU did to her. So, her needs and YOU decide when she goes back, not your uncle, IMO.
I would go back and get her.... I tell you 100% sure - nobody, nobody will give what you did for this girl. If she still needs special care, and she is not ready to go, I would trust no one but yourself- that is how I am with my cats anyways...

Again, please, nothing here against your uncle... But I don't want to see your girl relapsing after going so far...

Good luck....

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have to agree. What is another week or so? She is so precious, and fragile. I wouldn't want anything but the best for her...and that is you.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for not updating you guys lately, it was my sons birthday this weekend (he turned 3) so it was pretty hectic here.
Alley's still doing ok. My uncle is calling me every night with updates. Her poo is still hard, so I suggested he try a fish based diet to see if that helps.
I'm a little PO'd that he took her back so soon, but he is doing everything that I suggest and does have the best intentions for Alley.
She is also much happier (she absolutely LOVES him
) and gets constant interaction with the family and lots of excersise (which will help her bowels as well)
He also suggested trying some cod liver oil and see if that helps. Anyone have any experience with this? I know its safe to use since I used to give it to my cat (recommended from the vet) but not sure if it would work in this situation.
I'm going to see her this weekend and see how she looks, but I'm hoping she'll be just fine. If she goes even one day without pooing, he knows to call me and I'll come get her.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is good you are keeping a good eye on the doll. I am so happy she is getting tons of exercise and at the end of the day is a tired kitten!

If a prob crops up, grab her sooner than later. With her history, nipping it in the bud is essential.

Glad things are working out!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is too soon..... but the silence makes me nervous....

Please, when you have a chance, update us on this beautiful little angel...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at this point I am starting to think the worst.... I hope I am wrong... I wish she had never left home.... she was doing so well

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know alot of people have been wondering how Alley is doing.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Alley is doing AMAZING!!!! I just saw her today for the first time in almost a month, and she looks fantastic. She is by far the most beautiful kitten I have ever seen. She looks like a dilute tabby but has some orange stripes on her front legs and face. I've never seen anything like it.
Her bum now looks just like a normal kittens should and she is almost off her laxatives (still has to eat wet only food though). Bowel movements are normal too.
She has probably gained a good few pounds as well and acts like a regular kitten.
I am just amazed at how well this little miracle pulled through. I think she hsa long life ahead of her.
I ment to get a picture, but forgot my camera. Dont worry though, next time!!!

Also, I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting. The last few weeks have been extremely hectic andI hae barely had a moment to think.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

I know alot of people have been wondering how Alley is doing.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Alley is doing AMAZING!!!! I just saw her today for the first time in almost a month, and she looks fantastic. She is by far the most beautiful kitten I have ever seen. She looks like a dilute tabby but has some orange stripes on her front legs and face. I've never seen anything like it.
Her bum now looks just like a normal kittens should and she is almost off her laxatives (still has to eat wet only food though). Bowel movements are normal too.
She has probably gained a good few pounds as well and acts like a regular kitten.
I am just amazed at how well this little miracle pulled through. I think she hsa long life ahead of her.
I ment to get a picture, but forgot my camera. Dont worry though, next time!!!

Also, I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting. The last few weeks have been extremely hectic andI hae barely had a moment to think.
Oh my Gosh, that is FANTASTIC news!!!!! Just please please please don't let us hanging like this for news next time around... I was worried about this little girl, and my mind was sure of the worst - you bad bad girl!

Thank you sooooo much for the update - it made my day! And yes, you MUST post pictures of "our" little miracle lady!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel bad about keeping you all waiting after all the help you've given me. I've just been very sick the last three weeks and have just started feeling better, which is why I went to check on Alley. (She needed her nails cut anyways).
I also suggested they get two of her claws removed, which they said they would do when they get her spayed. She has a claw inbetween her 'thumb' and 'finger' and since they don't know how to cut nails, i wouldn't want them to grow into her poor pads (since she cant retract them). Its also REALLY hard t get in there and cut them, I had some issues today with that.
I think I have heard of some people doing this, I can't see it causing any issues as there isn't even a toe there, just a loose nail.
What are your guy opinions on this?? I wouldn't consider something like this a de-claw.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

I also suggested they get two of her claws removed, which they said they would do when they get her spayed. She has a claw inbetween her 'thumb' and 'finger' and since they don't know how to cut nails, i wouldn't want them to grow into her poor pads (since she cant retract them). Its also REALLY hard t get in there and cut them, I had some issues today with that.
I think I have heard of some people doing this, I can't see it causing any issues as there isn't even a toe there, just a loose nail.
What are your guy opinions on this?? I wouldn't consider something like this a de-claw.
If the vet considers it medically necessary for the health of the cat, it's okay. When our family got Midori we inquired with our Vet (my workplace at that time) about any potential problems with polydactyls. It is very rare, but occassionally it is neccessary to remove an extra claw or toe if it causes the cat problems.

That said, Midori has double thumbs and a claw between the foot and the extra toes on each front foot that she cannot flex or sharpen. The nail is also very thick, kinda like two nails fuzed together. We make sure to trim it and have had no problems. He posture is kinda odd because of all the extra toes. she turns her feet outward. And she is one of the most ungraceful cats I have ever known. She lands with a pronounced 'thud'.