Urgent!! Found tiny kitten, need help!

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

My uncle is anxious to have her back. I think this would be better for her in the long run. Their kids (in high school) will all be home for the summer now and will be able to spend so much more time with her. At the moment, she is in a crate all day, and only gets out about an hour a day. It would probably be beneficial for her to be able to run around much more often.
I have also giving him all the signs to watch for. He is to check the amount of poo she has every day (if she hasn't gone for the day, then he knows to call me right away) and also to keep an eye on the swelling in her bum- if it starts to come back at all- again he is to give me a call.
She seems very stable now, and I know she wants more attention then I am able to give her- she is constantly trying to break out of her cage

I would not let her go if I thought it would make her sick. I know she will miss me, but she loves to cuddle and snuggle and they will be doing alot of that with her so I think she'll be alrite.
Hmm. I have misgivings and, if it were me, I'd have waited at least another week or two at the minimum, just to make sure.

You have done a superb job with her

Please keep us updated with her progress - and of course, lots of pics as I think there are so many people round the world who have fallen in love with this little darling and who will want to know of her progress.

trollnystan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been following this thread for the last few days, and it had me in tears, first in grief then happiness. I'm so glad she is getting better! I second Python's plee for info and photos
I'm sending lots of happy vibes to you and Alley!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess i'm just going to play it by ear. I just started switching her onto a new food so it depends on how well she switches over. I just feel bad keeping her in the crate all day, and I know she would have much more fun at my uncles house is all.
I'll take some cute pictures tonight and show you all.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm of the opinion that if she continues to be stable all week, gets on the new food well, then she should go to her new home. She will be able to move about and be a kitten, while being watched over by people all day rather than being cooped up in a crate alone.

That kitten is tough! If she survived being smashed into the mud and left for dead, she should certainly be able to be survive being fawned over and loved 24/7!

I hope she has a great week!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, the little stinker found out how to get out of her crate today. I came home to her running around the house and being harassed by my kitten.
I guess I'm going to have to lock her in the bathroom for the rest of the week

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well, the little stinker found out how to get out of her crate today. I came home to her running around the house
I would say that's a sign she's doing quite well

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Claydust

I would say that's a sign she's doing quite well
I would also say that she sounds a very intelligent little lady to be able to figure out how to get out of the crate

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just make sure the toilet seat is down. Nasty things can happen to little kittens that way.

I am sure you already know, but just had to chime in.

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just saw this post, and went through a TON of emotions while reading...! I was so happy at first that you were helping this poor baby, than crying in the middle when it almost needed pts, and now am very thrilled she seems to be doing well! What a beautiful little kitten with such a fighting spirit!

I think everything you are doing for this kitty is so great. She will love having people around to love her during the day once she moves to your uncles, even though moves are hard. I just adopted an 11week old blind kitten who we thought would have a hard time adjusting to the new house...but I work from home so I am able to be with him a lot...and he is doing great and LOVES the attention he gets. I'm sure Alley will also, especially if she can break out of her cage...she is begging for attention

Good luck with her, and I will definitely be checking this for updates...I am just so glad she is okay.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She seemed to enjoy herself today, much more room in the bathroom then her tiny crate.
Her poos are starting to look a little dark and hard, which is not good. I'm thinking its from the change in food. I'll have to up her laxatives tonight and see if that flushes her system. Hopefully this is just an initial food switch thing.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She seemed to enjoy herself today, much more room in the bathroom then her tiny crate.
Her poos are starting to look a little dark and hard, which is not good. I'm thinking its from the change in food. I'll have to up her laxatives tonight and see if that flushes her system. Hopefully this is just an initial food switch thing.
Dark and hard looks like normal poop to me... Not too hard though... Like is she crying to go poop? But in small segments and harder/dark is pretty normal cat poop... It might be that you were used to her having soft stools?

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She seems to be straining to get it out, and today she only had three little segments, when she usually has about three large poos. I'll give her a little extra lax and see if that helps though. I think its probably the change in food (hopefully). Her bum isn't red or anything, so I'm not too worried.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still having some issues with the pooing. She's still going, but only little bits at a time and they look pretty hard. I'm already giving her tripple the laxatives she is supposed to get, but its not working.
You guys think I should try another type of food??

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I hope someone else can chime in about kittens, my experience is with an "old girl".

Kasey, my rescue tortie is about 10 years old and I saw she was having difficulty in that department.

She was being fed good quality dry food, only.

I did some reading on it and came to the conclusion to try wet food, in this case, Wellness chicken.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but the problem soon went away.

Seems like in the case of an older cat that it might have helped.

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Still having some issues with the pooing. She's still going, but only little bits at a time and they look pretty hard. I'm already giving her tripple the laxatives she is supposed to get, but its not working.
Any news back from the University yet? I'm sure if there is something physically wrong with her, it can probably be put right.

I'd put her on wet food too. Feeding dry does make the stools more compact and harder (I feed my dogs on kibble). My cats get wet food for their main meal at night and dry food during the day for them to help themselves to as and when they please.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds like she needs more liquid. She is working towards being constipated again. Are you feeding her any wet food, as someone else here suggested? Water it down some. When I rescued a cat from the local pound last summer -- he was pooping fur pellets! Seriously! The poo was hard, grey and filled with fur. And he was only pooping every 3-4 days. So, watered down wet food twice a day, a dab of canned cooked pumpkin with that wet food and either mineral oil or hair ball lax... over the course of a month he regulated - thank goodness - because I was concerned about the development of megacolon. Good luck with the lil baby!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try adding a bit of mineral oil to some wet food. If she won't eat it, then syringe a bit into her every day.

My son has an older cat and that seems to have cleared up his constipation. And he gets wet food all the time. Go figure. Ask the vet how much to give.

Also, hairball remedy in the tube is supposed to be palatable to cats. Check the directions for kittens.

How about an automatic waterer so she drinks more. Also, water down the wet food. But I agree..wet food is the way to go.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Try adding a bit of mineral oil to some wet food. If she won't eat it, then syringe a bit into her every day.

My son has an older cat and that seems to have cleared up his constipation. And he gets wet food all the time. Go figure. Ask the vet how much to give.

Also, hairball remedy in the tube is supposed to be palatable to cats. Check the directions for kittens.

How about an automatic waterer so she drinks more. Also, water down the wet food. But I agree..wet food is the way to go.
Just be careful with long-term mineral oil use. Vaseline, too. It can adversely impact the absorbtion of fat-soluble vitamins and minerals in the digestive tract. From what I gather -short term use - occasional for hair balls, etc, is ok.