Urgent!! Found tiny kitten, need help!

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

She is wolfing down her food right now. The poor thing is starved (she hasn't eaten in like two days)
I read something onlione about hernias. Anyone have an comments??
My son said he read of something like this a while ago and it was a rupture (hernia) which can be fixed.

I was thinking, that because when you found Alley there was no sign of the mumpuss and mumpuss licks to stimulate the kitten's bowel movements, if there has been a build-up of faeces which have impacted to form a blockage and now with the laxative if this has now cleared. I really, really hope so.

Loads of healing vibes coming from me and my son (Ian)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The lump is still there in her back-end, but it is noticably smaller, which is why I'm leaning towards a hernia of some sort. I'm going to try the daily laxatives for a few days and see if that helps. She would never survive surgery right now anyways.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought and prayed last night about this little one as did everyone I am sure.

Oh, I hope this can be turned around!! God love you for taking such good care of her. And please, God, let her be ok.

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I thought and prayed last night about this little one as did everyone I am sure.

Oh, I hope this can be turned around!! God love you for taking such good care of her. And please, God, let her be ok.
I did the same - and woke up this morning thinking about her.

Everything you have said, I second.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me three - are you still going to call or take her into the vet for a progress check and to see if he has any more ideas on treatment? Just hoping all went well through the night!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know, I was wondering if there was a possibility about that vet being wrong about her condition.. I am SO glad you think now that something can be done to help her.. I would definitly get a second opinion about that possible birth defect..

I am so happy there might be a chance.. She is such a little fighter! I was also thinking about this baby this morning.. Hoping that she didn't have to go so soon!

coming your way for Little Alley Cat to have a chance at a long, happy life with you uncle!

As someone else mentioned.. Are there any family members who are willing to help with any finances for this little one? Maybe your uncle, since he will be keeping her if she pulls thru?

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

You know, I was wondering if there was a possibility about that vet being wrong about her condition.. I am SO glad you think now that something can be done to help her.. I would definitly get a second opinion about that possible birth defect..

I am so happy there might be a chance.. She is such a little fighter! I was also thinking about this baby this morning.. Hoping that she didn't have to go so soon!

coming your way for Little Alley Cat to have a chance at a long, happy life with you uncle!

As someone else mentioned.. Are there any family members who are willing to help with any finances for this little one? Maybe your uncle, since he will be keeping her if she pulls thru?
I really hope some kindly, wealthy person reads this thread and steps forward to help financially?

Please, kind person, if you are reading this and can help...this little kitten really deserves every chance possible to live.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Python

I really hope some kindly, wealthy person reads this thread and steps forward to help financially?

Please, kind person, if you are reading this and can help...this little kitten really deserves every chance possible to live.
I agree! Honestly, this is one of those times when I wish I was wealthy, cuz if I was I would send gothicangel a check right now just to help this baby!

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

I agree! Honestly, this is one of those times when I wish I was wealthy, cuz if I was I would send gothicangel a check right now just to help this baby!
Wish I was wealthy too but I'm not. If I were, I'd jump on the first plane and personally pay for everything.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, so here's a thought. KiTTYLOVE4 and Python, you're not rich and most people here are not either. But a little could go a long way. Why not donate $20.00 or more if you can to help with the cost of treatment? If everyone who can donates what they can then she gets treatment sooner.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words and vibes!! She is a whole new kitten right now. She practically beat her way out of her cage this morning to get out and play.
After just spending over $400 on her this week, I cannot afford to take her back into the vet for another week and a few days (waiting for payday). I wish I could, but its just not a possibility if I want to feed my two furbabies and myself.
She's had three bowel movements today, two of which were hard, and one which was soft. She's still having a hard time getting the poo out, but at least its comming.

I was wondering if maybe a high fiber diet might help?? Or would that just make the stool even harder? I want to make sure she had nice runny stool so it can't have the chance to build up again until I can get her in for a checkup with my actual vet, who is amazing.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would your vet mind a phone consultation on this baby (I bet not, she's such a miracle kitten now). I've noticed my vets are more than happy to talk with me on the phone since I'm a 'regular client', so to speak. There's no question that they'd tell me to come in if medically necessary, but they've given me food advice and symptoms to watch for over the phone.

If nothing else, I'd bet your vet would enjoy an update - it's got to make their day when someone calls with happy news.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The vet called me today to see how she was doing since they got the E-vet report. I told them the good news, and they were quite happy about it.

My uncle can't afford to help me out. I took Alley in for him because he couldn't afford to fix her up, so I offered.

She's in her cage right now going crazy, haha.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news!

Mix canned pumpkin - NOT the mixing sweet stuff, but plain canned pumpkin to her food - it is the best way to add fiber into it. A nice full teaspoon per meal will do... See how she reacts to it - you can then give it more or less depending on her BMs... It helps quite a bit. Also mix some water onto her wet food...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothicangel69

, two of which were hard, and one which was soft. She's still having a hard time getting the poo out, but at least its comming.

I was wondering if maybe a high fiber diet might help?? Or would that just make the stool even harder?
It sounds like she has constipation, which is the small intestine not adequately controlling the amount of water in the stool (the most common symptom is the hard, dry, infrequent stools, but diahrrhea is another symptom). I don't know what would help with cats - but for humans, avoiding wheat products can help, and eating pumpkin and yams for the fiber.
Sending mega prayers and vibes that Alley gets better very soon and on her way to being the treasure in your uncle's life
As for financial help, maybe you could post her vet's name and address and maybe people could send money orders for Alley's expenses. If 5 people sent $5, that would be $25. If 10 sent $1, that would be $10, etc. and it would all add up!!

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My vets name is Dr.Jeff Goodall- he is the most amazing vet in the world.

1746 Bedford Hwy
Bedford, NS
Canada
B4A 1G2

I know that you can get the high fiber vet foods, do you guys think that would help?? or is the canned pumpkin or Metamucil a better option?