The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An hour of yoga on Sunday. 90 minutes of yoga yesterday and half an hour on my bike this afternoon.

I was planning a walk, but I don't like the sound of that thunder right now.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hours chopping wood and moving it around.

1 hour sweating with lawn mower.

Bit hard to do stuff with one legged, but seems to be possible.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot my phone when I came home from work today. I won't leave my phone at work as things have a way of disappearing, even when doors are locked. So Rick and I went back into the office tonight to get my phone. While we were there, I asked him if he wanted to walk part of the Rail Trail. He's never been on the Trail, so he said we'd give it a shot.

We ended up walking 4 miles tonight. For my day today, I have walked 7.5 miles. 

(And I told Rick that I may start to forget my phone once a week or so. And when we go into the office to pick it up, we can head out on the Trail for a while. 
)

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had planned to go to the fitness cener today but I somehow got a bad muscle cramp in my left leg while semi-awake in bed this morning
And it's the left leg which already has a bad foot
So I'm kind of hobbling around right now. Fortunately I have today off from work to wait for the repair man so I can just rest my leg and color.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did ride 40 minutes with bike today, visited at health center and they did sting tetanus to my shoulder.

Also did 3x10 pushups at morning and now at evening too.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7.5 miles in one day !!! Wow. How long did that take? Good job Winchester. Yes I'd be leaving your phone at work a bit more often ;)

I did my chest and triceps yesterday. Today is legs and shoulders. It's cold and dreary so it's gonna take some strong will to get out in the shed.
I sat on those darn concrete bleachers again two nights ago at my kids swimming lessons. I think it's the combination of squats and then sitting on concrete. It sets my glutes on fire. This time took 48 hrs to recover. I will never sit on them again. EVER.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hours and 30 minutes riding bicycle, 39km of forest roads, average heart rate was 69% of my HRmax, highest HR was 169.

HRM lies that 1708kcal was burned.

Then 1 hour of wood chopping, sawing and transferring after bicycle ride.

I mixed my own sports drink, 6 teaspoons of Xylitol, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and 750ml of water. It is not horrible, not too good either, but seems to help to keep going.

When I was climbing one road, old tractor passed me, then after a while, downhill section started, I hope that I did not scare that tractor driver as I zoomed past him with considerable speed difference, it was very narrow road, trees right next to wheel tracks so I barely made it, but after I overtook him, he never caught up, during that 20 minute section my heart rate was not below 150 even at once, road is so fun that I always push too hard.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my kids to the park, then for a walk, to the library and back to the park. We were gone 2 hours and 40 minutes. Hopefully that burned off some calories. We are going to walk to the splash pad to cool off after dinner.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did an hour of yoga then 30 minutes on my bike on Wednesday.

Yesterday I didn't do anything active. I had to go and renew my visa, which meant a 4 hour round bus trip and 2 hours sitting in immigration.

Today I have Japanese class, going to ride my bike there and back, which takes about an hour.

How's your foot @JTbo?

@Tammat  I hope your butt recovers soon.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's your foot @JTbo
?
Still bit difficult to walk, but slowly recovering, it is fine to ride a bike though, there is lot less flex to bottom of foot.

I try to eat before I go to shop with bike, maybe then I don't buy evil sweet stuff :p

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did eventually put off yesterday's groceries shopping completely.

Today I went by bike and that got me 40mins of exercise at fat burning zone.

Then I did do little grass cutting, 1 hour and 17 minutes actually, with 74% of my HRmax, I did reach 87% of my HRmax at maximum and boy was I sweating a lot.

HRM lies that I burned 1048 kcal and additional 478 kcal for bicycle ride, that is 1526kcal burned by activities today.

Of course I could not stay off from sweets and as a punishment no orange juice for me today, I can however stay on my calorie budget even I failed, just need to adjust eating a bit.

Maybe I ride few rounds around the yard with bike for a good measure, I did cut waist long grass with lawn mover so now I can ride around 1/8th mile track around the yard, I can assign penalty laps to myself and as ground is quite soft and steep angle it is really hard work, after 10 minutes I start to have trouble getting enough air.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my legs and chest yesterday. I didn't exercise frid. I felt so guilty but I was just too tired.
Today is training with Rohan.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I walked for an hour after work on Saturday and Sunday.

It's pouring with rain today, so no walk for me. I'm not working until this evening so after I've cleaned the house I'm going to do 90 minutes yoga. It's actually nice and cool today and this rain is just what the garden needs.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour 20 minutes of wood chopping, average heart rate was 110.

1 hour 17 minutes bicycling, average heart rate was 143 and maximum I could get was 165 and there it stood no matter how much I tried.

Weird part is I don't feel tired at all, must be because I did eat more carbs yesterday than usual.

Weather is so great, no clouds at all, just sunshine and temperature remains at mild +20C or below.

Oh yes, at nigh it was again freezing temps.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh yes, at nigh it was again freezing temps.
Winter is on it's way back again, isn't it?

I managed to get out for a walk this afternoon when the rain let up for a while and noticed loads of yellow leaves all over the ground.

It will soon be time to get the winter woollies out again.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in the middle of a heat wave here. It's currently feeling like 32 degrees (92 F) and it's only 9 am. Going to be 39 (102 F).

Exercise will be inside today. I'm going to do a workout in about 30 minutes when my son naps.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter is on it's way back again, isn't it?

I managed to get out for a walk this afternoon when the rain let up for a while and noticed loads of yellow leaves all over the ground.

It will soon be time to get the winter woollies out again.

:sigh:
Oh winter is clearly coming, two months and there can be snow already.

As I did eat too much because error in my tables, I had to burn calories, so adding 1 hour and 20 minutes to today's stats. I did wood chopping, average heart rate was 119 and maximum 139, that was lot of sweating for after dinner workout.

I don't like moving firewood, but someone has to do it tomorrow and cat's seem not to have opposable thumbs, surely they would help otherwise, wouldn't they?

I need to figure out how fast stomach process food, I might be able then to optimize eating and exercise timing so that food goes straight to muscles and rest of energy comes from fat burn.

Need to start my pushup routine for evening now, I did skip morning, but did a series of 10 at midday, I have been using my arms so much that I'm not sure if I can do whole routine.

Funny thing is that pushups are really really hard for me, I do girl versions because I can't do enough many normal ones, there is not problem to lift really lot of weight and carry it around, but pushups are really killing my arms, so I keep doing that 3 x 10 pushups which is about maximum I can, maybe I could do something like 15 first and then lot less than 10, but I think my daily routine will bring results eventually, not much process has happened though. Around 240 pounds and even doing girl version there is quite bit of weight that needs to be pushed up.

On last set of those 3 x 10 I start to have funny face at number 7 and I almost bite my tongue every time at number 9 :D

During the day that is 60 of those easier pushups, but it is not really lot that I can do at once, especially those proper ones. I just try to keep at it, something will happen, for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.