The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour bicycle riding, still have trouble to stay on target zone on that route, but managed little better.

I'm having little weird feeling in my chest after yesterdays quite hard workout, it does not hurt, but kind of stings at times, it has been unchanged whole day and I have felt kinda weak today, muscles just been tired, I should of taken rest day, but had so much to do.

1 hour of full body exercise, two milk cart of firewood moved and chopped.

So I'm now at 6 hours of sweating for this week.

Little weak day on roof repair, I did some preparations so it is easier to start tomorrow, if odd feeling goes away.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you pulled a muscle. Hope it goes away soon.

I started a third round of the 21 day fix today. Just finished my total body cardio workout.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird feeling has been less today.

6 hours of sweating at 110 HR which is around 62% of my HR max, perfect for fat burning zone.

HRM lies that I burned 3066kcal, so base consumption being 2000kcal that makes 5066kcal day.

If I eat only 2300kcal, in theory it should result losing 2766kcal worth of fat, I should be 360grams less, but then again, 20% deficit is something that is recommended, too big deficit might be bit problematic. I have been filling carbon hydrates during the day, so that body would keep burning fat to energy and storing carbon hydrates to muscle instead of converting it to fat.

I'm not sure if I have lost in my count already, but now I think I have something like 12 hours of sweating done for this week.

Tomorrow is rest day, or should be, it is bit hectic at the moment.

But I got to roof somewhat patched with tarpaulin and rotten bits of woods partly replaced, end of week I should do rest of roof repair. Will be fun I think. Pushups have perhaps helped some, I did carry two 2" by 6" wood plank(?) on my shoulder with farmer that has a sawmill, then we made ladders out of those and few smaller pieces of wood. It was good workout all that hammering and carrying.

Distances are bit big on his farm so I chose to run around getting stuff and so on, running was very light and easy, but I know I can't be doing that for much as bottom of my feet and knees won't take it well, I still have 230 pounds of weight and 35% body fat, I need to keep this up for long time until I can even dream of running, but legs do have strength for that already, also core felt strong even after long day I did some small runs.

So I try to keep burning calories, maybe I get to my goal and can be under 220 lbs before winter comes, long term goal still is to keep going until I'm below 200lbs, that should be enough good weight to still have room for proper physique.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't posted here for a few days, Let's see, what have I been doing?

An hour of yoga on Monday, a walk on Tuesday, an hour of yoga and half an hour on my bike on Wednesday.

Today I went horse riding.

I rode Ran Maru again. He was on stud duty all spring so was a bit more subdued than usual today, could be because of the heat as well.

And poor Mr Husband got a black eye! He was riding Sou Chan and didn't duck low enough while we were going under some trees. He took a branch right across the bridge of his nose. Ouch, that's going to look pretty tomorrow.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest day today, so I did just 3 x 10 pushups at morning, visited post box with bicycle and now at evening I made 3 x 10 pushups.

Also I did today some dumb bell workout for weaker arm, 20, 15 and 10 reps with 60 second rest between, that I should do daily or preferably twice a day.

After nearly two weeks of doing pushups morning and evening I can see changes, but they are still really hard to do, first few go easier now already, but feels like drinking poison, but I try to keep at it for few months, when it should start to get easier.

Tomorrow need to burn few calories, I think.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still around. Just doing the usual treadmill at least twice a week. I unexpectantly set a new best step last Friday while looking for a missing package that the shipper said was delivered earlier that day

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody :clap:

I went to melbourne for the weekend so I missed frid, sat and Sunday.
Monday I did my legs only. Tuesday I did biceps and shoulders. Wednesday, legs, triceps, chest and a 20 min slow jog. Thursday back and shoulders. Friday- today, legs, biceps, triceps and 20 min slow jog.
My muscles have been really sore this week with lactic acid. Tonight I plan on having a relaxing bath and an early night. Firstly I must feed the cats. There is one helping me type and she's telling me it's dinner time. :rub: oh they are so loving when they are hungry ;)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today burned about 4000kcal + bit over 2000kcal base consumption, average heart rate for bit over 6 hours was 65% of my HRmax and highest was 155, 72% of time I was in my fat burning zone, rest I was above.

Lot of hammering and lifting, running up and down very steep stairs, balancing on roof and running up and down ladders, also I did use hand saw quite a bit.

I did eat 4400kcal, with plenty of protein, also I made sure that I'm getting carbon hydrates regularly, so that fat burning stays on.

Muscles around knee feel quite tired, hopefully tomorrow is better day on that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Rode my bike for an hour yesterday, up and down lots of hills in the hot sun. I'm going for a long walk as soon as I finish work today.  

Do you want to see Mr Husband's injuries after colliding with a branch?
He broke the brim off his riding hat too, but a broken hat and a few scratches are better than a fractured skull.

Don't ride your horses into trees people!

Take care when you're exercising.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday evening I stepped on nail, can't even walk right now, oh why fortune is such, always :(

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sympathy to Mr Husband. That must have hurt and been scary.
Sympathy to JTBo. Ouch.

I did my legs, went for a 20 min jog and then my chest today. There was some sunshine today :clap: sunshine makes everything better :D
Keep going everybody.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mr Husband has hurt his neck. Let's call that the third injury. I am not getting injured and missing out on valuable training sessions. :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully nobody else get injured, some distance from here was was some truck event and there was accident too, few injuries and before truck event car crash right before trucks arrived bad car crash did happen.

Some weird days of misfortune now.

My injury is not getting better I think, feet is too big to shoe now and I think there is inflammation or something, still can't walk so best weather of whole year to do roof and exercise seem to be lost for me, I doubt that I can have much exercise for at least a two weeks. Visit to doctor might be needed quite soon as it seems nail pierced one joint near big toe and did go almost trough whole feet.

At least trough pain and suffering I know I'm alive and not just in a dream/nightmare.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hopefully nobody else get injured, some distance from here was was some truck event and there was accident too, few injuries and before truck event car crash right before trucks arrived bad car crash did happen.

Some weird days of misfortune now.

My injury is not getting better I think, feet is too big to shoe now and I think there is inflammation or something, still can't walk so best weather of whole year to do roof and exercise seem to be lost for me, I doubt that I can have much exercise for at least a two weeks. Visit to doctor might be needed quite soon as it seems nail pierced one joint near big toe and did go almost trough whole feet.

At least trough pain and suffering I know I'm alive and not just in a dream/nightmare.
That sounds very painful JTbo. Maybe you should get a tetanus jab, just to be on the safe side.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I think a visit to the Dr is in order JTbo. Take care of yourself.

I did my back and shoulders today. I felt really terrific. I think those jogs have raised my serotonin levels. A few plum tree blossoms are appearing. That is a sign of good things to come :)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foot seem to be bit better now, but I guess that at Wednesday I need to visit a doctor, they work only from Wed to Fri and it is 70km (43,5 mile) trip.

I did bit of firewood handling and used a chainsaw a bit.

After that I went to shop with my another bicycle, that took about 50 minutes, other one is broken as last time I used it to go to shop bottom bracket kind of failed after one jump.

It was quite painful in the shop, clearly bicycling was not best thing to do.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely tetanus is in order. You take care of yourself, JTbo.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck at the Drs JTbo.
Good job Winchester. :walk:

I did my legs and shoulders and then my 20 min jog.
Now there is a docco on TV about cats. I'm outta here.
Work hard everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.