The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill. Til I stopped the treadmill, I was sweating like crazy and my t-shirt was soaked. I needed a shower!

It's very hot here, too. Low 90s and the humidity is unreal. We are emptying the dehumidifier in the basement out twice a day right now, it's that humid.

Did I ever mention that Mollipop sits on the lowest basement step and waits for me to open the door? Rick said that as soon as I stop the treadmill, no matter where she is in the house, Molli high-tails it down to that basement step. Then she starts yelling, "Mom? Mom! Open the door!" I open the door, she walks into the basement, I scoop her up, and we tour the basement with her purring like crazy. It only lasts a minute or so, then we go back upstairs. She jumps from my shoulder to the back of the couch, careens off the couch, and runs back the hallway to hop into bed. This happens every single morning. Part of our routine, I guess.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warm day here too, +19C, that is 66F degrees, it has been around +15C very long time and last night it was +5C which is 41F degrees.

I thought it was a hot outside, but it was just sun sending some radiation to ground.

6 hours of sweating, not sure if it does count, but I did take bicycle apart, cleaned even pedal bearings, lubricated everything, installed new more reliable front brake and also new chain and front sprockets as well as rear sprockets.

Had to shorten the chain a bit too, also rear derailleur jog wheels needed some good cleaning, I ride lot in sand and it gets everywhere.

Then I installed new stem so that I get handlebar closer to me, that did require small filing of steerer tube, where I could feel some strain to my arms after few minutes.

It took quite bit of time to do everything and after i got bike back together I did 10km short bicycle trip.

Yesterday's workout felt in my legs and also road construction crew started working at midnight and kept working until 4 am, impossible to sleep in that noise. They have been rather lazy during daytime though, I got up at 9am and they did nothing then and they still haven't started to do anything. Maybe they are milking some night time extra from local goverment by working at night, there is not much of traffic during daytime either.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No actual workout today, but lots of walking. I was walking most of the morning from about 9 until 1pm. I was pushing 45 pounds of kids in a double stroller. I'm exhausted now and was just trying to lay down but my son woke up.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill. Til I stopped the treadmill, I was sweating like crazy and my t-shirt was soaked. I needed a shower!

It's very hot here, too. Low 90s and the humidity is unreal. We are emptying the dehumidifier in the basement out twice a day right now, it's that humid.

Did I ever mention that Mollipop sits on the lowest basement step and waits for me to open the door? Rick said that as soon as I stop the treadmill, no matter where she is in the house, Molli high-tails it down to that basement step. Then she starts yelling, "Mom? Mom! Open the door!" I open the door, she walks into the basement, I scoop her up, and we tour the basement with her purring like crazy. It only lasts a minute or so, then we go back upstairs. She jumps from my shoulder to the back of the couch, careens off the couch, and runs back the hallway to hop into bed. This happens every single morning. Part of our routine, I guess.
Aw that's just too cute :rub:

I did my chest, shoulders, triceps and abs.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning....it was better than yesterday's sweat-fest, but not by much.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2.5 hours of mowing the lawn, huffing and puffing, it was time to cut areas that I cut only 1 or 2 times in a summer, waist high tall grass and who knows what was growing there, it took quite bit of effort to push mower into that jungle!

Got lawn cleared though, also asked summer resident if I can cut his property edge too as driveway limits to that forest area and grass have been growing a lot towards the driveway and he gave ok, so that was little extra effort, but it is now done and might not need doing until a month or so.

Heart rate was 80% of maximum most of the time, lot of sweating and I had to breath quite heavily, so I think it was like cycling uphill or really fast.

Why they don't make lawn mowers that are being pulled instead of pushed? Mower moves so much easier when I pull it behind of me.

Little kitty was having freakouts, I had to chase her indoors and then I took out tangled fur from her back, seemed to calm her down a bit, but surely she was not too happy when I was still huffing and puffing from cutting the lawn and smelling funny + it was raining a bit so I was soaked wet while had to keep her still on my lap, surely she now hates me for a day or two, but at least invisible monster is not stinging anymore :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It was too wet for yoga on the deck this morning so I went for a 90 minute walk around the forest instead. Even though it's raining it's really humid. I have a light weight rain coat. If I don't wear it I get soaked but if I do wear it it's like a sauna so I get soaked from the inside out.

I think this must be the wettest summer we've had for a long time.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was too wet for yoga on the deck this morning so I went for a 90 minute walk around the forest instead. Even though it's raining it's really humid. I have a light weight rain coat. If I don't wear it I get soaked but if I do wear it it's like a sauna so I get soaked from the inside out.

I think this must be the wettest summer we've had for a long time.
Here it has been most wet summer for last 30 years and also in this small area it has been coldest for at least same amount of time.

We are getting yellow leaves already, they are falling from trees, some bushes are starting to change color too.

I did assemble my new stomach / back bench thing that arrived today, I still need to make room for it and I need to learn to make those moves properly, but maybe later at the evening I try a little. I need to form a routine.

I would like to small modification / add on to it already, so that I could sit near the top and rise my legs up, would be easier for back than those crunches, but mainly it is for training lower back.

Would like to go to bicycle ride, but it is raining, tomorrow even more than today and I'm not going to get wet sand to my shiny new chain and gears right away :D

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got almost 8,000 steps in a the fitness center yesterday and today
I just increased the treadmill speed a bit to walk faster
I'm still not comfortable with attempting to jog with my still wonky foot.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a miserable day here today. I was going to train- then I wasn't going to- then it got the better of me and I did finally train. Back, chest, triceps and abs. That me done for the week.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So hot here today. I rode my bike for an hour, down into the village for my Japanese lesson, back home via the post office and the supermarket. I got paid today so the kitties are all having Deli Chicken for dinner and I'm having a glass of Chardonnay.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour and 46 minutes of bicycle ride.

3 times there was rain and I got soaked wet each time.

Average heart rate was 123 which is around 68% of my max HR, new HR monitor decided that 99 to 128 is my fat burning zone.

Latex inner tubes seem to be quite fast, it was bit difficult to go enough slow as bike seemed to fly.

Maximum heart rate was 155 this time, I have set 180 to be my max, even though I rarely get past 174-176 no matter how hard I try.

HR monitor was beeping a lot as I was pushing bit too hard.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a walk 1.6km each way, plus pushed the stroller around at an event we walked to and then walked around the grocery store. It's pretty hot today and I was sweaty like I had worked out by the time I got home.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess our heat has gone to other places of world as today it was +17C day that is around 62F.

I did test my situp and back training bench a little, it is bit flimsy, but it does work quite ok, need to plan now noob program which will be easy to stick and that still will have some results.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did very light bicycle ride, only 27 minutes.

Average heart rate was 109 and maximum 119.

Only 248 calories burned, but purpose was more to just ride a little in nice weather after yesterdays horrible weather.

Still rain, but longer periods of sun between rains.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was very lazy yesterday. I worked for most of the day and it was so hot that I took a nap during my afternoon break, rather than doing something active.

I walked for 90 minutes this evening.

Have to get up early and do some yoga before the heat sets in tomorrow.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait formy turn for summer :clap: it's still pretty dull and dreary here.

I did my legs and chest Sunday. Back and shoulders Tuesday and today I did my legs and biceps. I back to heavy weights with low reps.
It's my Mums birthday today so I have a yummy roast pork in the oven. That's one positive about winter. Roast dinners and today there is an added bonus of birthday cake too :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes yoga yesterday. An hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk today.

If it makes you feel any better Tammat, it's raining here again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.