The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. I've had 2 upper molars in the past removed and the recovery was pretty quick and painless. The tooth yesterday was a lower molar. Yikes it's painful ( under control with meds- thank goodness) and I just feel crappy.
No exercise for me today :bawling:
You all need to do a little more for me please :clap:
I had an upper molar removed a few months ago and it was very painful. I was in a lot of pain and went back to the doctor and found out that when the stitches came out, they took off some of my gums. It hurt more than when I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at the same time.

I have to do yoga today. I hate yoga and dread the days yoga and pilates comes around on my schedule.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: tammat tammat I hope you've got plenty of painkillers, and that you feel better soon.

I've been struggling myself recently. I'm going make myself do a 90mins yoga set today for you :salute: :soldier:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished my yoga. I find it really hard because I don't know the moves so I have to keep looking at the tv.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have to do yoga today. I hate yoga and dread the days yoga and pilates comes around on my schedule.
Really? I love yoga, it's my second favourite form of exercise. (Horse riding is my favourite) Once you've memorised the routine you'll probably enjoy it more.

I managed a 90 minute walk during a break in the rain yesterday. It's been raining none stop since the end of May and now there is a typhoon heading this way. At least I live high up in the mountains and don't have to worry about flooding.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still resting. Going back to the dentist tomorrow. Pain killers are working but I just don't feel right?? It might be normal but I just wanna check.

Keep exercising everybody :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been raining so much, days of constant rain, all trees and bushes are so soft, they are bending from the weight of leaves, ground is not absorbing water too well either.

Also got almost struck by a lightning yesterday, I was walking on yard with oven pan (I have oven in other building, so I prepare in other side of yard and cook in other side of yard) then I hear a puff like if someone would step on light bulb and everything become very bright, immediately then horrifyingly loud kaboom of thunder.

Lightning struck 20 meters away to electric wire pole which under I walked just moment before.

Few led lamps got destroyed along with laptop power unit as electric wiring took part of the lightning.

So haven't had much of exercise lately, but today I did 40 minutes bicycle trip, 30 minutes to shop via small forest path, then on tarmac 10 minutes back with heart rate of 170, I got 174 as maximum, my heart rate does not go much higher.

That felt wonderful, but I had to cool down after that with slow bicycling.

That is to train vmax or something like that, it is said that short very hard pulls are needed to improve your maximum ability, I'm quite happy that I can now pull that hard for that long, it is not very long time ago that I got very exhausted with heart rate of 150 for minute.

Temperatures has been below +20C around +15C often, which is quite fine, just too much rain, it is very expensive to bike in rain, gears wear like sugar in rain.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@JTbo  that sounds so scary! We've been having a lot of wet weather too. The typhoon passed over here yesterday, but it's actually sunny this morning for the first time in ages. How are your cats in all that rain? Do they stay indoors most of the time?

90 minutes yoga yesterday.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the fitness center just 3 days this week for an hour on the treadmill each time. I haven't worked up the courage to use an elliptical
I don't think I'm coordinated enough to use one anyways

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you're ok jtbo jtbo . Sounds like a very near miss with the lightening.

I'm still struggling I'm afraid...sleeping almost all the time :anon: Spent 2hrs cleaning he holiday cottage today - tired again now :frusty:

Keep going everyone :hyper: I am trying to join you all, I promise!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been sleeping over 14 hours now also for few nights, it makes me feel somewhat confused.

I don't know what it is with me and lightnings, few years ago bit similar thing happened on other side of my house, then ears were ringing for quite a while.

Today I did bit over 20 minutes of bicycling to shop and back, using faster route on tarmac, ended up getting quite wet as last half to shop it did rain and last half back to home it did rain.

It was quite wet day today too, lawn is so wet that when I walk on it, water bursts from ground. Tomorrow it might be bit less wet, maybe I get some firewood done.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
40 minutes of bicycling with 72% of maximum heart rate as average heart rate.

Then I did cut the lawn as it was not raining too much, that was 1 hour of sweating so I count that as exercise too.

I did modify saddle post adapter so that I could install suspension seat post from another bicycle, but even I did manage to make modification, suspension seat post seem to be bit too short, it was not most pleasant to ride with because of that.

However suspension seat certainly made ride smoother, especially when there were horse tracks on road.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@JTbo  I have a friend who's a real lightening magnet too. One time her car got struck while she was driving, another time her house.

I worked all day Saturday, the only exercise I got was 30 minutes dragging dead branches out of the cats enclosure after last week's storm. I walked for 90 minutes yesterday. Haven't done anything so far today, but I'm planning to cycle to the shops, about 30 minutes, then do some yoga when I get back.

It's hot today! Maybe I'll do yoga out on the deck.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I planned to go to the fitness center at 7am thismorning but that didn't happen
It's ok. I'll go this afternoon. Last time I went mid-morning the (male) cleaning staff was in there vacuuming and stuff and I didn't feel comfortable with them staring at me while I was on the treadmill

I'm still averaging about 20,000 steps with 7,000 or so steps from the treadmill

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
JTbo, my Dad got struck by lightning....kind of. They were at a local camping area and we were visiting. The t-storm hit and we didn't feel like driving home in it, so we hung around under the awning of their camper. Well, the lightning hit the camper and traveled through the camper down to Dad who was sitting in a lawn chair and leaning back touching the camper. Dad jumped up and yelled, "I've been hit!" He was fine, though, luckily. We wanted him to go to the ER, but he said he was OK. He said it was a heckuva jolt that traveled from his hands down to his feet. He could feel it go through his body. He was really lucky. We think his shoes grounded him and protected him from anything worse.

I'm glad you're OK and that you didn't get hit.

I hate our elliptical. Hate it, I tell you. I was using it fairly regularly for a while. But I don't enjoy it at all and eventually gave up on it. 

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. (I come and go as far as the treadmill lately. I hate getting up in the morning and it's becoming easier to sleep in. This morning, BooBoo had us wide-awake at 4:15, so I got out of bed, threw on a pair of shorts and my sneakers, grabbed my iPod and went to the basement for some peace and quiet. Well, peace and quiet from a cantankerous old Boo.)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did bit harder workout now as I had to get my thoughts to something else from Panther.

2 hours and 14 minutes of bicycling.

Average heart rate 131 including cool off and warmup, maximum heart rate 175, it never goes higher really.

Top speed was 53.9km/h and average speed of 14.8km/h.

After warmup I did not let heart rate to drop below 140 which is ~80% of my maximum heart rate. Mostly heart rate was 86-95% of maximum as I live at area where is quite steep hills, that is in our scale (4-18% gradients), I'm sure Norachan will laugh if she would see our so called hills, greatest hill I did ride today starts as 10% gradient, then goes to 15% and at very near top there is short 18% section, it is only few hundred meters, but me and bike weight over 120kg together, it is hard work to pedal that up :D

I could start to feel effects on my legs after 2 hours, but still going strong, I could achieve 27km/h speed while pedaling without using arms after 2 hours, I was quite happy about that as I have not been doing too much of bicycling lately.

I did see really lot of other bicyclist when I visited shop at end of cool down, also I saw the sun, can't remember when was last time, so that is why many others were using the opportunity to exercise.

2094kcal that is what my bicycle computer that has heart rate monitor says, so total energy consumption for a day will be over 4000kcal.
Most of that came from something else than fat though as intensity of workout was so high, intensity should be below 70% to burn greater share of fat, but then again higher intensity burn lot more energy, so instead of burning 200 grams of fat, I probably burned less than 100 grams, but to burn 2094kcal with low intensity it might take quite many hours more.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't done my workouts since Friday until today. Saturday was really busy but I made it a point of carrying my 20 pound son while we were out. That's a good enough upper body exercise. We weren't home on Sunday or Monday so I didn't get time to do it. Did 30 minute cardio fix workout this morning even though I am exhausted and just finished my post-workout protein shake.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back :wavey:
My tooth had a dry socket. The blood clot let go and I had a hole going down to my jaw bone. Anyways it's all fixed and healing nicely now.
I trained with Rohan on Monday. I had to work hard that way. I knew if I was by myself I would still feel sorry for myself. I also trained with him yesterday. Today I procrastinated until 6:30 pm. Today is Wednesday. This week I'm doing a little less than normal to ease back into it.
You can't keep this old girl down :lol3:

Everyone keep working hard. We are awesome. :D

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Tammat! 
 Glad you got your tooth problem straightened out.

You guys are all doing well. JTbo, you make me pooped just reading your posts. 

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.