The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
8 more steps and I set a new personal best step
When I left work today I had a little over 16,000 steps (!). I did a lot of walking doing my work because I was set up on one side of the lab space and everything I needed to work on was on the other side. The only other work space available was being used so I had to use the one furthest away from my stuff. Then my walk team (well, most of the team) did a walk to the other building and back. The walk was a little less than a mile roundtrip. I did an after dinner walk around the complex again which put me over 20,000

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woo: Everyone's doing so well here! :clap:
Sorry I've been mia lately - still really struggling with my new meds :sigh: It has to get better soon...I'm running out of patience.

Anyway...

Cleaned the holiday cottage from top to bottom, and swept the path and entrance. (We have guests arriving today.) The whole thing took about 90mins.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Columbine

My new best step is a little over 24,000
I'm not aiming to beat that anytime soon
I was so tired after setting a new best step that I fell right asleep after getting into bed

6,500 steps so far today. Haven't really moved much at work today
Doing mostly sit down stuff. I'm still tired from getting 20,000+ steps every day this week so I'm not going to push myself to get too much more over 10,000 steps.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't posted here much this week, but I have been trying to stay as active as possible. I walked at least an hour every day and I've done three 90 minute yoga sessions. Had a day off today.

Hopefully the monsoon is almost over and I'll be able to go horse riding next week. Finally!

We don't have enough pony emoji on here, I think something needs to be done about that.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the hugs and vibes LTS3 LTS3 Definitely appreciated :)

Hopefully the monsoon is almost over and I'll be able to go horse riding next week. Finally!

:jump:

We don't have enough pony emoji on here, I think something needs to be done about that.
Absolutely :lol3:

I hope you get your ride soon. Hacking where you are must be bliss *very jealous of beautiful woodland trails*

Riding lesson today. I think I was fighting my body more than I was arguing with Collie :rolleyes: She is very good at tricking you into bracing against her though...way too clever for her own good. :lol3: She felt extra wide today, but I think that's just a sign of how much I've tightened up since the new meds stopped me doing so much. More yoga is definitely called for...NO MORE EXCUSES!...especially now that summer's finally here!!!!! :jump: :hyper: :banana1: :banana2: :woohoo:
20°C today, and rising :D (That's hot for round here, btw ;) )

Great to see that everyone's doing so great :clap: Keep it up!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you are getting back on track Columbine Columbine
Good work Norachan. I can't wait to hear more horsie stories.

I did my back and shoulders yesterday with 4 mins of tabata burpees ( done correctly now that I know how ;)) and I will say that 4 mins is enough :lol3:

Today I'm training legs and biceps with Rohan.

Keep going everybody :high5:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally made it to the fitness center today. It was too cloudy and cool to walk around outside get get steps in. I got onto an available treadmill and managed to get it started. It was pretty much dummy proof 
I fiddled with the tv part but there wasn't anything really on at the time. I caught the end of the noon newscast and then watch The Chew. Then it was Sesame Street
I started slow for awhile and then slowly increased the speed up to 2.5 mph for a brisk walk. I fiddled with the incline, going from 0 to 2%.  I did about 3 miles on the treadmill

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.75 miles on the treadmill Monday morning.

3.75 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Very cloudy and rainy, so no walk with Rick last night. I doubt we shall get one in tonight for the same reason.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I seem to have hit a mid-year slump, this rainy season is really demotivating.

Just a half hour bike ride yesterday.

Today I started by vacuuming and then mopping all the floors. The house was so dirty! Another delight of rainy season, or as it shall henceforth be known The Season Of Muddy Paws.

Then I did an hour of yoga and managed a 90 minute walk before the next downpour started.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A little more than 2 miles on the treadmill today
I would have done a little more but people were starting to trickle in for an after work / before dinner work out so I didn't want to hog a machine. I have a sore neck from watching the tv on the treadmill now
I was fine yesterday but today I used the next machine over and it looks like it's meant for tall people so I was craning my neck up to see the tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Norachan 
 Hang in there. I would have trouble with all that rain, too. I don't know how you do it.

4 miles on the treadmill this morning.

LTS3, I don't watch tv at all when I'm on the treadmill. I put my earbuds in, hit the iPod, and go. (We have a treadmill in the basement and it's set up, so that I'm looking out a window. There are flowers right outside and I see a lot of bunnies. The occasional cat saunters by. One morning a couple years ago, I watched two deer wandering about in the yard. I can't walk without my iPod, though.)

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan :hugs:  Hang in there. I would have trouble with all that rain, too. I don't know how you do it.
:yeah: Monsoon season can't be fun. We've got a thunderstorm brewing here today - so far lots of thunder and wind but no rain.

40 mins hatha yoga today. It was harder than I'd expected. I really have tightened up over the last month. Really proves the 'use it or lose it' saying :lol3:

I had yesterday off - sleepy again :sigh: Had to fight with myself to get moving today, but I'm glad I did. Taking things a little slower though...trying to avoid any fibromyalgia repercussions :cross:

Hope your neck feels better soon LTS3 LTS3 :vibes:

tammat tammat - I Googled tabata...all I can say is :worship: :worship: :worship: I don't know how you do it. I used to hate burpees too - I think they were my all time worst exercise :lol3: Definitely rather you than me ;)

Keep going everybody :hyper:

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

LTS3, I don't watch tv at all when I'm on the treadmill. I put my earbuds in, hit the iPod, and go. (We have a treadmill in the basement and it's set up, so that I'm looking out a window. There are flowers right outside and I see a lot of bunnies. The occasional cat saunters by. One morning a couple years ago, I watched two deer wandering about in the yard. I can't walk without my iPod, though.)
The fitness center overlooks the driveway to the property and circular drive right in front so I guess I could just stare out the window instead of watching tv. Nothing much to see other than vehicles coming and going, stay at home mom pushing baby strollers and walking the dog, the occasional bird in the bushes. The bunnies prefer the back of the property where it's quieter and more wooded. I do have my iPod on but sometimes I like the distraction of a tv, even if the sound is on mute and closed captioning is on.

Going to try for another walk on the treadmill later if it's not still pouring outside
Otherwise it's walking up and down the stairs in my building for those steps.

Neck feels fine today
Just super sleepy, though. Probably a combination of the gloomy weather and getting at least 20,000 steps in daily. And being woken up every morning at 4am by a whining Aby

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did throw firewood to tractor trailer for 2 x 1 hour, then 1 hour of mowing lawn, good sweat for 3 hours.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody :clap:
I had a giggle at The season of muddy paws :lol3:
Columbine Columbine I actually didn't do myself any favours by doing the burpees. I realised this as soon as I started to warm up for my legs the next day. Oops they were a bit sore and probably not good for my efforts that day. You absolutely do learn from mistakes.:D

Chest and triceps for me yesterday. I left it a bit too late in the day. I was tired and could have done better.

Today was legs and shoulders with Rohan. I wish I could afford to train with him everyday. It makes such a difference. I do my best by myself I really do but he is a sticker for correct technique.

Keep going my friends :clap: you are all AWESOME :woo:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work, everybody!

1.6 miles walking with Rick last night

4 miles on the treadmill this morning

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spent 2 hrs deep cleaning the kitchen. Exhausted now, but it looks tons better. May take a walk later...depends on energy levels.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did an hour of yoga yesterday morning and then a 90 minute walk in the afternoon. We had a lot of rain and strong winds over the past few days, lots of trees were down.

Today I went horse riding.

It was only drizzling and we had a couple of long canters through the forest. Got all splattered with mud, but we didn't mind a bit. I rode Ranmaru and Mr Husband rode Ebisu, both intact stallions but they behaved themselves, even though our guide's mare kept squealing at them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 miles on the treadmill today
I did keep the tv part on and watched the news a bit. My neck feels fine. I think it's just that one machine that's makes my neck hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.