Optimistic about Nala Ava Marie having a companion?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is how raw and angry Clawdia's incision looked on Thursday night. Her belly looks more pinkish than red now and she has a good appetite, moving around fine and using litter box fine. She's just as loving and affectionate as she always is.[emoji]128151[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear Clawdia is home and recovering.   It sounds like she's healing nicely and feeling okay, despite the lack of pain medication.  As for Nala Ava Marie, she might be sick, but she also might just have a hairball.  I'd just keep a close eye on her at this point (which I know you'll be doing anyway!) to see if the vomiting and gagging continue.  If they do, it's worth a trip to the vet but with any luck,she'll present you with a little fuzzy mass on the carpet soon.  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the delay in update with Clawdia's surgery. The very old fashioned vet did NOT give any pain meds for her. He said she'd be fine. She actually has been acting OK. This is a pic of Clawdia eating from Nala Ava Marie watching her! They've been coexisting, can't say they're friends yet!
One of my friends brought over 2 huge bags of her Granddaughters baby clothes for my niece, the clothes are really nice and clean but have been sitting around awhile so to freshen them up, I am washing them. I've been doing laundry all night. Then I'm very concerned bc Nala Ava Marie threw up last night! She's only vomited once before when I gave her dry food. Then, just a few hours ago she made this gagging sound! Is she sick? She didn't puke but she looked and sounded like she was going to.
Aww look at those two beautiful girls. It won't be long before they are best friends 

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie- resting on her favorite blanket![emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128153[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to wash Clawdia's cute little face, brush her and give her treats and cuddles and do a mini photo shoot with her! Though Nala Ava Marie is more skittish, Clawdia is more camera shy! [emoji]128151[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm worried a little about Nala Ava Marie. She batted at Clawdia, didn't actually come in contact with her but Clawdia got angry and swiped Nala Ava Marie, with claws out and Clawdia didn't miss! Nala hissed and cried. Bc of Nala's accident resulting in emergency declaw, she's at a terrible disadvantage.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Clawdia is definitely asserting herself as the dominant cat! She can make Nala Ava Marie bolt out of the room with a single glance! Nala is a feisty girl and I thought she'd be the instigator and trouble maker but it's actually Clawdia being the bully!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm worried a little about Nala Ava Marie. She batted at Clawdia, didn't actually come in contact with her but Clawdia got angry and swiped Nala Ava Marie, with claws out and Clawdia didn't miss! Nala hissed and cried. Bc of Nala's accident resulting in emergency declaw, she's at a terrible disadvantage.
I wouldn't worry too much, they will work things out. Is Clawdia  a smaller kitty