Optimistic about Nala Ava Marie having a companion?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That little Clawdia is going to worry me to death! She darted out AGAIN! In the rain! Idk where she goes or what she does but something lures her outdoors. [emoji]128549[/emoji] Is she unhappy here? Does she feel like a prisoner? She has unlimited food, a cozy bed, love & attention. What makes her run away? She stays close by, I think? She was recently spayed so she's not driven by hormones, is she? Is she feeling trapped? Does she hate Nala Ava Marie? [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji] Does she just like being free outdoors?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Has Clawdia come home yet?   She may see you as Mom and your place as Home, but still want some time outdoors.  Sometimes when my Wesley would dart outside, I'd follow him and shake a bag of kibble.  That often got him to come back in.  Of course, you do have to follow up with the kibble to make this work but it's worth a try.  I doubt she is unhappy with you although she may feel a little stressed by Nala Ava Marie at times.  It doesn't sound like Nala is actively chasing her away, though.  I think Clawdia just likes some outdoor time - she might be a prime candidate for leash training.  

Come home Clawdia!  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she has still ab bind or wanderlust in her. I think in time she will figure out that home is the best place to be. She probably just wants some excitement and do a little hunting. 

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very concerned about Clawdia! She did come home, she's been sticking close to home BUT I found blood by her litter box! There is no blood in her urine or stool. I looked her over very well, I held her and examined her, she did not seem to be in any pain or distress at all. I don't think she's bleeding. She was very snuggly and loving. She was drooling a lot but she always does when I pet her. I looked her over head to tail, no cuts, no bite marks, no wounds or scratches. Could she have killed a bird or mouse near her litter box in the garage? She is walking, running, jumping just fine. No limping, her paws are perfectly fine. She does need her claws trimmed though!
I'm just a little uneasy about finding 2 little splotches of blood. It doesn't look like she threw up. There's no blood around her mouth either. If she had killed something, wouldn't there be blood around her mouth?
She won't let me look in her mouth. She's eating normally but she has very bad breath. Could she be having problems with her teeth? If I notice anymore blood, I will get her into the vet but I really don't think it's her blood. I want her to be safe. Nala Ava Marie has been such a sleepy girl today!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I didn't even check Nala Ava Marie! I'm going to look her over right now! There was a few minutes they were by each other when I was not around!

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of your kitties are beautiful. I hope all the tests come up in favor of Clawdia  having good health. She might gain some weight after spaying,as mine did. I hope that they will get along well. You sound like a wonderful kitty mommy. Lots of luck with Nala and Clawdia. Let us know what happens.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did not realize that I was five pages behind. I do not know where the blood could be coming from. If you are still worried check with the vet. It is very hard to watch that she does not keep getting out. Kitties are so fast.She will get used to being an indoor cat,but it will take some time. I do hope that they will get along better as time goes on. Keep posting,and putting up pics,they are both adorable.                     

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CLAWdia, lol, emphasis on the claw! Her claws are so sharp and idk how to clip them. I won't risk hurting her. As much as she likes running off, she might need them. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie and Clawdia are fighting worse than ever. Nala, usually very feisty toward people, is genuinely curious about Clawdia. Clawdia whom is mild mannered toward people is mean to Nala! She starts the hissing and chases poor little Nala. Nala is terrified and meows for my help. With Nala having no claws bc her accident (luckily she has had no behavior problems associated with her emergency surgery.) she is at a disadvantage to Clawdia. Clawdia is much more agile than Nala. Nala has to use a chair to get up the the table (yes, I let them wander freely!) Clawdia just effortlessly leaps as high as the countertops! Clawdia is a little over a year old and Nala is only 7 months old. Is there supposed to be a huge difference in their abilities at their ages? Is It bc Nala is a sheltered bottle baby? Clawdia can jump up on this ledge outside and then easily get up on top of the garage! Nala cannot even make it on the table. I love my kitty girls!