Optimistic about Nala Ava Marie having a companion?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey dont beat yourself up over it. It hasnt been very long. Well you know how friendly and tame she is. She can be happy inside. Just needs to be part of the family. She really must be spayed. What good is it if she ends up bringing you kittens because of her barn cat status?? Theres no difference between outdoor and indoor cats. One has a home and the other doesnt is all. Nala will definitely get over it in time and appreciate having a kitty around. Humans are not as good of a substitute for a kitty companion, although were pretty decent. :)

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you've done anything wrong and you're helping both of these girls in the long run. You just need to be patient!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Adoringangel72  

You are in a very tight spot right now, trying to do what's best for everyone when everyone involved has different ideas of what's best.   I'm really sorry to hear that Dale is not more sympathetic to Clawdia but remember that he wasn't that enthusiastic about Nala Ava Marie either at first.  Hopefully, Clawdia will eventually charm him as well.  For now you just have to be very patient with the introductions and try to stay as calm as possible so neither cat picks up on your anxiety.  I know that's hard, considering everything going on, but if you can manage it, it will help both girls.  

I wouldn't worry about leaving the light on by mistake.  As I write, Paul is in a deep sleep - in the full sun.  They will sleep when they want, regardless of how dark or light it is.  You can help Clawdia feel welcome and part of the family by spending time with her and showing her lots of affection.    She will be fine.  Yes, she might be a little unhappy and confused at times right now, but in the long run it will all pay off and she'll forget about this.  

Give her a kiss for me! [emoji]128139[/emoji] And of course another to Miss Nala Ava Marie! [emoji]128139[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! You've all made me feel better about this. Today Clawdia's urine doesn't smell as strong and terrible for some reason? I think she accidentally peed on some cardboard the other day bc the only wet spot I saw was on this little flat cardboard box near her litter box. Oh, I did hold off on her spay until next Wednesday morning, just to give her a little more adjustment time. I know how important it is to get her spayed. Dale did warm up to Nala Ava Marie too! [emoji]128571[/emoji] Clawdia actually has a sweeter personality! (Nala Ava Marie will always be my bottle baby no matter how old she gets!) Nala is still skittish.
Clawdia ran outside today. She acted like she wanted to stay outside. [emoji]128575[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fairly good, no actual fighting but Clawdia has spay surgery in like 9 hours. Poor little kitty girl. She hates car rides. She's really only used to me, she still seems to enjoy her alone time. She's friendly but still a little nervous. Nala Ava Marie is typical naughty, cute little self! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Poor girl has the most sad little meows in the car. I'm kinda nervous bc this small town vet is really old. I mean, he's super nice but very old fashioned. When Nala Ava Marie had her spay I took her to an exclusive veterinary clinic for cats only. Nala Ava Marie had laser spay surgery and healed so quickly. Took awhile for her fur to regrow completely. This farm vet primarily takes care of livestock and big old farm dogs. It did ease my mind they have a resident white cat with one green eye and one blue eye. He is cute and seemed interested in Clawdia. Clawdia cried the whole way to the vet in her cardboard carrier. I'm going to go to Farm Fleet store and see if they have soft carriers there. I felt bad dropping her off. I only saw the vet, no techs, he wouldn't just start surgery without assistance, would he? idk how much experience he has spaying cats. I just worry about everything. I can pick her up tomorrow. I bought her a fluffy, soft plush bed for her to recover in. [emoji]128154[/emoji]

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Cats are great at making us feel guilty when we are driving them somewhere in the car.  My big fierce Wesley used to cry pitifully the whole time he was in his carrier.  It would tear at my heart strings, knowing he was so unhappy.  But then he'd get home and zoom!  He'd be back to normal and full of snuggles and all would be forgiven.  Clawdia will forgive you, too.  And she will be so much happier in the long run.

Can you call the vet and see how she is?  Visit her tonight?  

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just called vet to check on Clawdia. The vet said the surgery went fine. No complications. While he does not perform the laser spay surgery he said he did use the dissolvable sutures so she won't have to go back and have stitches removed. He said she was still very sleepy and resting but she was moving her legs and feet and tail. [emoji]128571[/emoji] He said after about a week she should be feeling fine.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Whew!  

Great news!  I'm so glad to hear everything went well.  

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Poor girl has the most sad little meows in the car. I'm kinda nervous bc this small town vet is really old. I mean, he's super nice but very old fashioned. When Nala Ava Marie had her spay I took her to an exclusive veterinary clinic for cats only. Nala Ava Marie had laser spay surgery and healed so quickly. Took awhile for her fur to regrow completely. This farm vet primarily takes care of livestock and big old farm dogs. It did ease my mind they have a resident white cat with one green eye and one blue eye. He is cute and seemed interested in Clawdia. Clawdia cried the whole way to the vet in her cardboard carrier. I'm going to go to Farm Fleet store and see if they have soft carriers there. I felt bad dropping her off. I only saw the vet, no techs, he wouldn't just start surgery without assistance, would he? idk how much experience he has spaying cats. I just worry about everything. I can pick her up tomorrow. I bought her a fluffy, soft plush bed for her to recover in. [emoji]128154[/emoji]
My old vet was exactly like this. He is actually one of the most experienced vets I've met. He does surgery with one assistant who has minimal training. He has only lost two animals ever, so apparently it works out okay.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad to hear things went well with Clawdia's surgery.  And can I say again, I love her name!!!! 

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get to pick up Clawdia in the morning after 10:00 AM.
Poor little girl is there all by herself right now. [emoji]128575[/emoji] I'm glad she won't have to have stitches removed. He didn't say anything about pain medication for her.
I know Nala Ava Marie doesn't like her that much but she's kind of been pacing around the kitchen like she's looking for Clawdia.[emoji]128571[/emoji]

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They will probably fill you in on pain medication and after care tomorrow.  When my 2 were done I actually had to back off a tad on it (on the vet's advice) because they were feeling TOO good and trying to roughhouse!  I'm sure their age played a part in that to some degree. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
How is dear little Clawdia doing?  Have you been able to pick her up yet?  

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the delay in update with Clawdia's surgery. The very old fashioned vet did NOT give any pain meds for her. He said she'd be fine. She actually has been acting OK. This is a pic of Clawdia eating from Nala Ava Marie watching her! They've been coexisting, can't say they're friends yet!
One of my friends brought over 2 huge bags of her Granddaughters baby clothes for my niece, the clothes are really nice and clean but have been sitting around awhile so to freshen them up, I am washing them. I've been doing laundry all night. Then I'm very concerned bc Nala Ava Marie threw up last night! She's only vomited once before when I gave her dry food. Then, just a few hours ago she made this gagging sound! Is she sick? She didn't puke but she looked and sounded like she was going to.