Washed dishes 

Found all my Christmas CD's and started playing them on stereo

made Pumpkin Bread

Got 2 phone calls, 30 minutes each

made bed

Put some laundry away

Washed one load of laundry

Went to Vet Hospital to pick up Artie's meds

Stopped at Whole Foods, by mistake--thought it was a Trader Joes..shows where my mind is at!!

Home

Put stuff away

Artie played chase, again and pooped

resting and on Computer

Enough for today

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
Artiemom- I gotta hand it to you for being a truly amazing mother to Artie!!!!! Wow....having a medically challenged animal is not easy. I admire you! God bless you a million times over![emoji]128536[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji]

Fed goats and chickens
Checked up on four prego does (female goats)
Went to Wally World
Paid bills
Husband took me to a nice dinner [emoji]10084[/emoji]️
Put up chickens-head count
Cleaned litter
Took out trash/recyclables
Made campfire-had company and coffee

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • We have to do some banking this morning; we're going to take Jackie with us and I'll stay in the truck with her while Rick goes into the bank. Then we're going to take the dog out on the Trail for a good walk before bringing her back home. 
  • This afternoon, if the weather holds out, Rick and Jackie are going to rake some leaves outside, while I bake cookies.
  • Tonight, we are planning on doing a bit of shopping. We won't be gone longer than two hours. And when we come home, Rick is going to put up our Christmas tree (we hope!)

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 6:00 A.M. here and I have yet to get any sleep so, beyond getting in a nap (or 2?) sometime today, things on my 'to-do' list are fairly limited. YAY! 

The usual routine of:

Feeding the Boys

Scooping Poop

Making coffee

Making breakfast

Doing up the breakfast dishes

Make the bed and tidy up around the house

Grocery shopping

Getting the rabbit cooking (I can't wait! - it's been marinating since Thursday afternoon, so it should be good to go!)

Picking up some litter - I'm running low!

Wrap a few Christmas gifts

Do a load or two of laundry - wash, dry, fold, hang, put away

And, all the while that is going on, I will be 'airing out the house'! My windows have been open since yesterday! It is supposed to get up to 68F today - Holy Cow! The record for this date was 69F in 1987. We might just break that record if the sun cooperates! Unfortunately, it's supposed to be overcast today.

I better get off of here and get busy if I hope to make a dent in my list! (I'll check in periodically, LOL) 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artiemom- I gotta hand it to you for being a truly amazing mother to Artie!!!!! Wow....having a medically challenged animal is not easy. I admire you! God bless you a million times over![emoji]128536[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji]

​I am not doing anything that anyone here would not do....I love Artie and he loves me....

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Go buy a body's worth of kitty litter (four 42-lb bags)

- Review the book I read last nght

- Give Sara her k/d in the early afternoon

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oopsie daisy...I don't know where the actual Quote went?? [emoji]128534[/emoji]

Yes you're right. I'm glad Artie has you and that you have him. [emoji]9786[/emoji]️ I'm grateful to the doctors who correctly diagnosed him. May you be blessed with many more years. And he be content. Can you explain IBD? Is that some kind of irritable bowel disorder??? You're welcome darling.[emoji]128536[/emoji]

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is taking his mother to church this morning. While he's gone, I will:
  • Change the bed linens and throw them in the laundry
  • Work on some laundry; first load is rinsing as I type
  • Bake some cookies this morning. Yesterday I baked snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. Today I'll bake some simple drop sugar cookies, some chocolate crinkles, and some peanut butter sandwich cookies. Dough is in the fridge; it's just a matter of getting the dough out, shaping the cookies and throwing them in the oven. 
  • Rick brought the union laptop home for the weekend so I could update things for him.
When Rick gets home from church, he and Jackie are going outside to hang some Christmas lights. While they're outside, I will:
  • Do a quick vacuuming and dusting about the house
  • Clean the kitchen (just wiping down counters and appliances)
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Scoop the boxes
We didn't get the tree up last night; too many things to do and not enough hours in a day. We really hope to get the tree up, if not decorated tonight. We also need to hang the stockings on the stair railing and try to work on decorating the living room a bit.

(I can feel a vacation day coming on some day this week, if for nothing else than to try to get caught up with things a little bit.) 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Must get some groceries

Go to the cemetery

pick up a few Christmas gifts
:lol3:  My frame of mind.....when I first read your post on the main Lounge page, I thought it said "Go to the cemetery to pick up a few Christmas gifts"! And I'm thinking, "What? What?" :lol3:  Sorry, Karen. 

:lol3:  My frame of mind.....when I first read your post on the main Lounge page, I thought it said "Go to the cemetery to pick up a few Christmas gifts"! And I'm thinking, "What? What?" :lol3:  Sorry, Karen. 
:lol3:   I read it that way at first, too. Cherry picking through the floral arrangements? ;)  

:lol3::lol3::lol3: Believe me, my eyes have seen some crazy things on here when skimming through. :lol3::lol3: I do think I saw someone cherry-picking last time I went. They were taking an arrangement off a grave and putting it into a van. :sigh: I've had things taken from my father's grave before. :(

Today -

pack away the deck furniture for the winter
go for a walk
Cheer on my fantasy football team. :lol3:

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me too! My dyslexia tricks my eyes ! Lol

Make bed
Let chickens out to range-feed scratch
Church[emoji]128591[/emoji]
Feed goats-check on prego does several times a day (spend time with my bestes mama,Sassy. She's going to come into labor and kid any time now! I love to just sit with her,stroke her face as I softly talk or sing to her. I gently rub Her belly and I'm able to feel the kids being super active!!! So amazingly blessed)
Play with three inside cats
Scoop poo
Take out trash-recyclables
Play online games

Still need to:
Vacuum and do dishes
Top off goats water
Put chickens up for night-head count
Get ready for a serious tooth fixing in morning [emoji]128513[/emoji] ahhhhhh!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Back to work this morning. Now I need to get through my day with a Planning Commission meeting right after work. It's going to be a long meeting because I have several plans to review with them. And they're going to be in a hurry because they've got their holiday dinner right after the meeting.
  • Grab a few groceries tonight after I get home from work
  • The Christmas tree is up and the lights are done. Now it's just a matter of decorating the tree and finishing the living room. Rick put some lights up outside yesterday afternoon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
made jaspurr's and my breakfasts

scooped jaspurr's litter box, took out the trash

dumped the ash pan, and got the wood stove going

will do some reading later

will watch some tv

will play some computer games shortly before bed time

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
today?

cleaned my apartment after yesterdays Green Bay Packer Party I didn't know I was hosting GO PACK GO! 

work

lunch with coworkers

picked out litter box

brushed Comet

watched Criminal Minds

surfed the web (ie finished Christmas shopping)

started a good book

and will read it while the TV plays in the background until I doze off

I lead a very boring life.

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

today?

cleaned my apartment after yesterdays Green Bay Packer Party I didn't know I was hosting GO PACK GO! 

work

lunch with coworkers

picked out litter box

brushed Comet

watched Criminal Minds

surfed the web (ie finished Christmas shopping)

started a good book

and will read it while the TV plays in the background until I doze off

I lead a very boring life.
YAY! The Packer's kicked some Cowboy butts yesterday! Unfortunately, the Ben-Gals didn't do as well. *sigh*

So far today, I have done a little 'deep' cleaning around the house. Pulled out some furniture and hit pay-dirt! They Boys are having a blast with all their 'lost' toys! LOL

Other than that, I haven't done squat all day besides feeding the cats and scooping poop. 

I will probably spend the evening watching TV and reading - but there is NO way I can read while the TV, radio, or any other background noise is going on. I get too easily distracted and end up reading the same paragraph over and over. I save my reading for bedtime - it conks me out!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
If nothing else gets done tonight, that's OK. We are going to decorate our Christmas tree tonight if it's the last thing we do. And I don't care how long it takes; the tree will be done before we go to bed!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Tape back up and wrap the box for the gift exchange at work (I hate when Amazon packs something in a plain cardboard box!)

- Pill Sara

- Feed Sara some of the k/d and try to not have the other cats steal it

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was just going to type that it's pretty quiet day here today, but it's quickly turned out to be busier than i had planned. well, at least it has been for the last several hours.

made jaspurr's and my breakfasts

dumped the ash pan, and got the wood stove going

made a (quite lengthy) phone call

UPS delivered two packages -- one was the Omaha Steaks gift that my mom and aunt send me each year -- yay! for tasty easy to prepare meals!

still expecting a(nother) UPS package today, i'm sure they'll be by with that later this afternoon

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*up early, 

*Medicated  Artie with 2 prescriptions

*Fed Artie while I had coffee

*shower

*Out to car dealership....problem with oil burning

waited at dealership---under warranty; waiting for a piston to come it..it is back ordered. I will get a loaner car for 2-3 days while it is being fixed

*Walmart--picked up some oil for my car and to replace my neighbor who helped me yesterday. Also picked up thank you card and small gift for their help

*Dropped things off at neighbor's

*Medicated Artie again...

*went on computer

*had bagel with cream cheese and some tea

*went off for an errand--took an hour

*dropped off Christmas cards at post office

*home, pjs on early

*having some wine now, to relax and on comp again

**supper?? who knows.. I still have one slice of pizza left over from Saturday...

and the last slice of pumpkin bread which I made...

***Then will medicate and feed Artie one more time

****Leave food out for Artie for the  night

Last edited:

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I skipped yesterday....I still did all my chores and such though!!!
Plus had a very painful dentist appointment! Grrrrrrr [emoji]128545[/emoji] Now am in horrible pain. [emoji]128554[/emoji](had to reschedule our kittens,Gracey,appointment for last round of vaccines for Thursday)

Today:
Still in a lot of pain
Finished up Christmas cards
Gave cats wet food
Let chickens out to range-fed scratch
Spent some time working with our youngest OEBG hen,Andy,on "crossing the road". ( Its not an actual road road! It's on our farm,she's afraid to go too far from the coop. She'd only go if she was on my shoulder. Today she did very well!)
Fed goats-checked all prego does.
Fresh water for all
Spent serious time with Sassy because she's very very close to birth!!!! Yay!!!!
Put up kidding stall gate. (The other one bit the dust!)
Prepared the kidding stall
Mailed cards
Went to magistrate to check on some legal information
Ate dinner
Put up chickie-doos-head count
Played games
Checked on goats again when the coyotes came by(it's a nightly thing!!! They're such a nuisance!)
Watching "The Voice" finale while online

Later:
scoop poo
Take meds
Go nauny....hopefully....I sleep horribly due to a severe back injury and now a toofer ache. Waaaah![emoji]128557[/emoji]

Ps..will wake up a few times during the night...check on does.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I skipped yesterday....I still did all my chores and such though!!!
Plus had a very painful dentist appointment! Grrrrrrr [emoji]128545[/emoji] Now am in horrible pain. [emoji]128554[/emoji](had to reschedule our kittens,Gracey,appointment for last round of vaccines for Thursday)

Today:
Still in a lot of pain
Finished up Christmas cards
Gave cats wet food
Let chickens out to range-fed scratch
Spent some time working with our youngest OEBG hen,Andy,on "crossing the road". ( Its not an actual road road! It's on our farm,she's afraid to go too far from the coop. She'd only go if she was on my shoulder. Today she did very well!)
Fed goats-checked all prego does.
Fresh water for all
Spent serious time with Sassy because she's very very close to birth!!!! Yay!!!!
Put up kidding stall gate. (The other one bit the dust!)
Prepared the kidding stall
Mailed cards
Went to magistrate to check on some legal information
Ate dinner
Put up chickie-doos-head count
Played games
Checked on goats again when the coyotes came by(it's a nightly thing!!! They're such a nuisance!)
Watching "The Voice" finale while online

Later:
scoop poo
Take meds
Go nauny....hopefully....I sleep horribly due to a severe back injury and now a toofer ache. Waaaah![emoji]128557[/emoji]

Ps..will wake up a few times during the night...check on does.
i hope your discomfort from the dental work fades away quickly!

i got that second UPS delivery. and i ended up watching some tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.