Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Working on some laundry
  • We may do a bit of decorating today.
  • We have to figure out where to put our Christmas tree this year....Jackie's cage is in that area right now.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're not doing particularly much today. enjoying my new computer system, watching tv, already did some reading and will probably read more later. other than that, i'll keep the wood stove going, and make kitties meals and (heat up) my meals. oh, and i'll call my mom -- she wasn't home yesterday when i called.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Give Artie his meds,

Brush Artie

Play with Artie

changing, washing bed linen

taking down Fall decorations

dust, Vacuum

make supper--my kind of T-day since I was not home for it. No turkey--a chicken, stuffing, gravy, butternut squash, cranberry sauce....think no potatoes this year...

I really do like having some stuffing for nibbling at home...missed it, so I will make it today..

Just a small batch

I will pace myself while watching the free Starz Preview and finish up Outlander.

That is more than enough for today...

It looks bare in here, but I have to put the Fall stuff in storage and take out the Christmas..

Funny thing, each year, my stuff cannot fit back into the containers I had for them...Could it be because I keep 'adding' to my collection???

sigh

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Funny thing, each year, my stuff cannot fit back into the containers I had for them...Could it be because I keep 'adding' to my collection???

sigh
We have that problem here, too. The stuff never fits back in the boxes as well as it did when we took it out. And then it's like, "I think we need another tote.

You need to stop buying stuff!"
  • Working on some laundry
  • Working on some Christmas decorating, nothing much. A little here, a little there
  • We need to get the bedroom cleared out as best we can and I don't know where we're going with it all. The computer looks like it was hit by a hurricane because we keep moving stuff over here.
  • Scoop the boxes

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
After all I did yesterday, I am exhausted!

I will be having a 'nothing' sort of day

Up early for church; took care of candle room, was an usher, and almost had to fill in to give out communion.

Coffee, 

Artie Meds

Read Newspaper & listen to music

Wash dishes

Nothing else~~~~ although I have tons of laundry to do.....

Catch up on some programs I had dvd'ed

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • give snick her sub-q's shortly
  • give both cats a snack
  • scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash, bring in the newspaper
  • write up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day
  • run the washing machine

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Back at work today after a 4-1/2 day weekend. It was a little rough having to come into the office, but here I am. Now I need to get through my day.
  • Jackie has a vet appt today at 4; Rick is taking her, but since I get off work at 4, I'll drive over to the vet, so I can see what's going on, too....it's only a couple blocks away from my office. I think that after our vet appt, we'll take her for a walk on the local trail, see if we can tire her out a bit. The trail is close to the vet, so we can keep our vehicles there and start our walk. 
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight...I'm starting to buy my packaged goods and such for Christmas dinner now. I buy a little here and there, so I don't have a huge grocery bill right before Christmas. (I have a pretty good idea of what we'll be serving for Christmas dinner as the menu changes very little from year to year,
  • On Saturday, we got the wish-list for our grandson for Christmas. I'll start working on buying for him tonight. He doesn't "play" that much anymore, by that I mean he's more involved in team sports now and things for older kids than what he used to play with. That means that the price of his "toys" has increased considerably.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- went back to work after a five-day weekend (ugh)

- came home early and worked from home the rest of the day (stupid cold)

- listened to the growling of our new and existing Chihuahuas (ironically, and thankfully, the cats don't care about the new one and the feeling is mutual)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Must take Hannah (the Tucson) in for inspection, oil change, tire rotation, etc. We'll drop her off at the garage tonight and pick her back up tomorrow night. Something happened to the sound system, too; I have no sound. No music, no navigation sound, no beeps, nothing. It just happened a couple days ago and I've perused the owners' manual til I'm blue in the face, trying to find something. I'm thinking it's a blown fuse, but I don't know that. I do know that I've missed my music. Meanwhile I'll be driving Clarence (the PT Cruiser) back and forth to work til I get Hannah back from the garage...so I'm thankful that our fair weather is holding out, since Clarence does not do well in snow.
  • We didn't make it for groceries last night. Til we got out of the vet office with Miss J, it was dark. And we figured she had had enough stress from the vet visit that we didn't need to leave her alone on top of that yet. So on the way home from dropping Hannah off at the garage tonight, we'll stop for the groceries then. 
And I think that will be it for today. I know it's just the beginning of the week, but when the furry alarm clocks started in this morning at 4:30, Rick said he was already pooped and it's only Tuesday. We're hoping for an early night tonight.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Pilled Sara (morning meds)

- Cuddled with Sugar (one of our Huas)

- Warned the kittens it's nail-clipping day

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast

Fed Artie

Gave Artie all his meds. (3)

Put away Fall decorations

Pulled out Christmas ones (considering I have an off site storage, I had to load up the car, drive over to it, unload car, put in storage, and do the reverse with the Christmas ones ~~ into car, out of car, into closet-- a lot of work..)

resting now~~ Christmas music on and I am on line...

then shower and put up some light, decorations, etc..I will pace myself

probably pizza for supper...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Took Jackie's urine sample into the vet on my way into work this morning. We didn't get it done yesterday as it was pouring outside when Rick took her out in the morning. They want a morning sample. He got it this morning and I dropped it off.
  • Called the garage where my car is for inspection because I had to make a different appointment to have them check out the sound system in the car. He said things can be tricky with those navigation systems, but he also said there's a master reset switch for the system....hopefully, that just needs to be reset and things should be OK. I hope so because this month has been horrid for expenses. Hopefully, the sound system can be reset, the inspection will go OK, the oil change can be done, and the tires rotated. I should be able to pick Hannah up today after work. I drove Clarence into work this morning; he has music, so I popped a CD in and life was good.
  • Trash night, so we need to completely clean out litterboxes, etc.
  • I have a couple loads of laundry to work on once we finally get home.
Garage just called. The inspection, tire, and oil change are finished, but they still need to check the nav/sound system to see what's going there. She'll be ready tonight.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Played with the kitties

- Worked from home again (stupid cold)

- Got the ball rolling on taking Penelopy in to get spayed and the rest of her vax

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Got up late, 

Talked on phone

went to pharmacy

Worked on computer

watching TV news now. 

in addition to medicating Artie, and having a quick supper. 

oh and one load of laundry in the dryer.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made coffee

Drank coffee

Drank some more coffee

Cleaned most of the house

Got my computer tuned up

Addressed half my Christmas cards

Scrubbed the Boys water fountain and changed the filter

Scrubbed and changed out the litter box

Wrapped Christmas presents

Played hide and seek with the Boys! UGH! The little varmints stole the pen I was using to address Christmas cards and I finally found it... under the rug in the bathroom! 

Answered some emails, and now I am cruising the TCS.

Plans for later... a long hot shower, donning my jammies and curling up on the couch to watch a couple movies, then off to bed with my book and the Boys!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Did 2 loads of laundry last night, but there was enough for a third load, which I shall do tonight
  • MIL is having some phone issues (again) so must stop on my way home from work to see what she did this time. Sometimes I feel like I'm  
  • Rick is bowling early tonight and I'm planning on being in bed early tonight

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Finally clipped the boys' nails (they were so good about it tonight!! even Oliver!)

- Finally got back into the office today

- Chopped Sara's antibiotic and realized she'll be done in another five days (yay!)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
am planning on a relatively quiet day here today, as yesterday got quite hectic at some points. tomorrow will be another busy day.

already wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrow's busy day

already read in my book for a while

will call and check on the last wood delivery today, see if i can set up a delivery date

will give snick her sub-q's around noon-ish

will scoop litter boxes, clean the tray under snick's preferred litter box and the underside of the litter box itself, and switch out the litter mats -- while she always intends to urinate inside the litter box, the arthritis in her lower back many times makes it hard for her to squat down low enough that the urine lands in the litter box...many times it lands on the litter mat...so i have spare litter mats, simple green spray cleaner, and the tray under her box and mat to make clean up easier for me

will take out the trash, bring in the newspaper

will run the washing machine

i'd also like to continue reading my other book, it's non-fiction and computer related

oh, and watch for the UPS truck this afternoon, which will have a package for me with snick's UTI medication in it...overnighted to me by the compounding pharmacy

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have one load of laundry on right now.

Artie: meds, fed, and brushed him

Put on basket of laundry away.

on computer...

Will jump into shower soon, and go do an errand. 

Then, home....

Write up a bill and send one Card. (for someone who will be out of state for Christmas)

Computer business stuff

that is it....

Tomorrow will be busy...around the house....

Status
Not open for further replies.