Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Pick up veggie tray for family holiday party (check!)

- Pill Sara before leaving, she's sleeping at the moment

- Pill Penelopy her last pain pill, though I may just do that after we get back as she's also sleeping and seemed to be doing well this morning

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is taking his mother to church this morning.Other than washing the tablecloth and napkins and the dish towels from yesterday's Christmas dinner, I don't plan on doing much at all. In fact, I'm considering checking out our online library to see what goodies I can find for my Nook. And spending the day in bed.

I know how that sounds, like I'm the laziest person on the face of this earth. And today? Maybe I am!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not over....yet! LOL

I got a phone call from my 22 year old daughter at 1:00 A.M. 

*Ring-Ring*

"Hello?"

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"I'm half asleep trying to read my book. What's wrong?"

"I'm hungry!"

"What?"

"I'm hungry and I know you still have left-overs. I'm dying here!"

"Go to bed!"

"Uhmmm, just telling you that Taylor, Aubree and I will be over about 1:00 tomorrow. You warm stuff up and we'll bring dessert!"

"Call me and remind me when I'm awake. I love you. Good night."

*Click*

Time warp... 7:30 A.M.

*Ring - Ring*

"Hello?"

"I'm calling to remind you."

"Remind me what?"

"To warm stuff up. We'll be there about 1:00."

"What are you talking about?"

"Mom, do you even remember what you were reading last night? I called you and told you we were coming over for left-overs today."

"Oh, crap. I wasn't dreaming?"

"Wake up and do what ya gotta do. See ya later. Love you."

*Click*

Make coffee

Jump in the shower

Drink coffee

Feed the Boys

Scoop poop

Have a quick breakfast 

Drink more coffee

Speed clean house

And, as my daughter said, 'Do what I gotta do'! LOL

Everything that I plan on doing is done. I still have 3 hours before they get here. 

She and Taylor will do dishes and clean up and I will send any left over left-overs home with her! 

In the meantime, I am going to scan my book and make sure I remember what I think I read last night! 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
This is a seriously lazy day. Even mom slept until almost noon. The only reason she didn't was because I woke her up making sure she was still alive. Hey, she's 78, I needed to make sure!

- Possibly do some grocery shopping

- Watch the cats dance again later (with their toy their got for Christmas)

- Look into tickets to go see Star Wars this week
- Pill Sara and myself this morning (already done)

- Pill Sara and myself this evening

I'm sure there is other more important stuff that may or may not be done. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got everything done for today already --

gave jaspurr his breakfast, then made my breakfast

dumped the ash pan, and got the wood stove going

scooped jaspurr's litter box, then took out the trash

ran the washing machine

placed an online order

wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrow's busy day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. Thankfully, I only have a 3-day work week; I'm off Thursday and Friday for the New Year holiday. 
  • It's going to be busy as I have to finish a couple plan reviews and make sure my end-of-year tasks are finished (I think they are; I've been really good about keeping up with everything).
  • Grocery shopping tonight. And I want do a few things while we're out and about.
I think that's it. I scooped the boxes this morning before hopping into the shower. Will scoop again tonight. But really, there's not much going on.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early

Fed the Boys

Cleaned water fountain

Scooped poop

Did the coffee and breakfast thing

Did up breakfast dishes

Took a shower

Checked emails and, of course, TCS

Now I am headed out the door to meet my daughter to return her Tablet! Long story short... I think it's defective? It simply doesn't work right!

After that, we are going to the book store and out to lunch

Then I am stopping at the grocery and running some errands coming back home to do some paperwork and Nicolette will go on to work.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is off work the rest of the week and he is going to do some work around the house; I know he needs to move the flooring up from the basement into the bedroom (No, the darn flooring hasn't been installed yet 
 . The guy did call; he had gotten a cancellation and wanted to do it last week, but Rick wasn't ready yet.). And he's going to be working on a couple loads of laundry. I don't think he'll be doing much outside as it's showery today.
  • I scooped boxes this morning and will do again tonight. But I don't think there will be much for me to work on tonight; at least I'm hoping not. I may do some shopping. Would like to go to Staples and maybe to the mall, if we can work it out.

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a busy day. Work was cancelled due to the first snow of the season so I spent 20 minutes watching the chaos of 50 people try to get their cars out of 3 foot drifts before the plow came. FUNNY! Emptied and scrubbed litter box, fed, and watered Comet.

Made coffee, did some work at home. Cleaned the house. Took the trash out, fell on the ice and I have a nice lump on the back of my head. Washed linens and remade the bed. I still have to fold laundry and pack because I might be away for a little while.

Next I'm scrubbing the microwave because lunch exploded, then I'm sitting on my butt reading the rest of the night.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had a busy day. Work was cancelled due to the first snow of the season so I spent 20 minutes watching the chaos of 50 people try to get their cars out of 3 foot drifts before the plow came. FUNNY! Emptied and scrubbed litter box, fed, and watered Comet.

Made coffee, did some work at home. Cleaned the house. Took the trash out, fell on the ice and I have a nice lump on the back of my head. Washed linens and remade the bed. I still have to fold laundry and pack because I might be away for a little while.

Next I'm scrubbing the microwave because lunch exploded, then I'm sitting on my butt reading the rest of the night.

Ya gotta love the first deep snow of the year! NOT!

Falling on the ice is one of my biggest fears now that I am old(er) and already have a spinal cord injury. I remember last year getting out of my car and there was ice in the parking lot (car park for those of you in Great Britan). My foot slipped as soon as I put it down, so I took my shoes off and walked in my stocking feet for better traction! Screw falling!  I hope you don't have any serious repercussions from cracking your head! A nice leisurely soak in a warm tub might be in order in case you bruised more than your ego!

Today was a goofy day for me. I was literally up ALL night and crawled in bed at 11:00 this morning for a 4 hour 'power nap'. The only thing I have accomplished so far today is to scoop poop and feed the Boys, answer emails, play on FB and drink coffee! LOL I haven't done the few dishes soaking in the sink (maybe a 3 minute job?); nor have a dusted, vacuumed, or put one thing in it's place! I am calling this my "Take Off Tuesday"!  Who knows? I might even have a "Workless Wednesday" tomorrow! 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Trash night, so litter box cleaning is on our list. And I'm cleaning out the fridge tonight, too. 
I think that will be about it for me, though. Not a busy night. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
- Clean the snow off my car (I HATE cleaning snow off my car!)

- Go pick up some "trial" cans of food so we can make the "short term goal" switch at some point

- Do my reviews!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my "Take Off Tuesday" didn't last, therefore my "Workless Wednesday" isn't working out well either!

Had to take Keeker to the Vet last night and didn't get home til 11:00 P.M.- NOT fun! Was up til 7:00 A.M. monitoring him.

Just woke up at 12:45 this afternoon and am drinking my first cuppa coffee.

Scooped poop and had to do a complete litter change.

Had plans to go to the Omni Max this afternoon to see Journey into Space, but that's not gonna happen.

Will give Keeker his meds a little later and keep an eye on him. 

Gonna have to go out to the  grocery some time today unless I want to roast a can of cat food for my dinner tonight

Other than keeping an eye on my baby and keeping his box clean I don't wanna do anything! I am fatigued and exhausted from last night. 

Will probably get some reading in today and hopefully another nap later - 5 hours of restless sleep isn't cutting it!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:yawn:
Are you okay?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Tel aviv to see my sister.
She tool me out for lunch.
After lunch i had a
pedicure and a manicure.
Walked to my sister.
Came home.
Oh got wet going to her from the salon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The flooring installer called yesterday.....he wants to come in today to start putting the bedroom floor down. So last night and this morning, we've been moving stuff out of the bedroom into other parts of the house. We're pretty much done, except for that darn elliptical that is sitting right in the middle of the bedroom. The house looks like a hurricane hit with furniture everywhere....in the kitchen, in the living room, box springs in the hallway, headboard and footboard in the hallway. I've got a bit of room to move my chair around at my desk back here in the computer room. And we have friends coming in on Saturday for dinner and cards. Oy. I'm really hoping we can get things back to whatever-passes-for-normal around here! So today:
  • Jackie's food and flea-and-tick stuff came in at the vet. I have til noon to pick them up. 
  • Errands: a quick run to the grocery store for New Year's Eve stuff, Staples or Best Buy to get my iPad, and some things I have to do for Dear Richard's mother (who is having cell phone problems again, so she can't call out and we can't call in...we keep getting her voice mail and she can't access it; this is very frustrating because every week she has a new cell phone problem).
  • Lots and lots (and lots) of house-cleaning tonight, trying to get everything in order once the bedroom floor is finished. Not really how I wanted to spend New Year's Eve (I have this fear that whatever I'm doing on New Year's Eve around midnight is what I'll be doing for the next year. And I don't want to spend 2016 cleaning the house! 
     )
  • Bake a loaf of bread for tonight's supper. Prepare the shrimp and get things in order for tonight.
I had one Personal Day left for the year and I always take that day on New Year's Eve Day. (I think I should have worked today....it would have been easier.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Trip to Toys R Us to pick up a game
- make meatballs and a chicken enchilada dip for tonight
- empty the dishwasher, do a load of laundry, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.