Grain free drys

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Through Pet Food Direct at just $8.49 (plus shipping) per 4 lb bag, no limit per order.

If you order it direct from Timberwolf Organics it is $10.49 per bag with free shipping, but there is a $15 minimum order.
that's odd - i ordered only 1 bag, & i got the free shipping. maybe they're experiencing a big request so they've raised their minimum?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

that's odd - i ordered only 1 bag, & i got the free shipping. maybe they're experiencing a big request so they've raised their minimum?
I tried to order a 4 lb bag from them yesterday, got most of the way through the checkout only to find that I was required to place a $15 minimum. Way to lose a direct customer!

Getting it through PFD, I actually saved money, so it works out in the end!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just wanted to let you know that stoli is on core wellness (almost totally now) and he's doing really well with it. at first he picked around the core pieces but now he eats it all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bumping so a few can find it

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Bumping so a few can find it
my Orijen & Serengeti arrived yesterday, & i tried them on the Orijen... Cable, my little garbage disposal, thought it was great stuff! they all got it for kibble this morning. i'll see how it fared this evening... altho Pixel did deign to eat some this morning

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for bumping this thread everyone. i am soooo beyond frusterated with the latest Chicken Soup recalls i don't know what to feed. (i'm really considering calling my vet tomorrow to set up an appointment and see what i need to put in food to make my own
) Does anyone know of completly safe grain free soft foods that have NO associations with any recalls right now? (like something i could pick up in a pet store tomorrow- i am taking ALL of my Chicken Soup products back
) What about drys as of right now with NO association with the recalls. Thanks everyone in advance.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

my Orijen & Serengeti arrived yesterday, & i tried them on the Orijen... Cable, my little garbage disposal, thought it was great stuff! they all got it for kibble this morning. i'll see how it fared this evening... altho Pixel did deign to eat some this morning
Where did you order both of those from?

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've homecooked for my guys, but I don't trust that they get everything they need ie: enough Taurine..etc. I'd love to find a grain free and just add home cooked a couple days per week.
I've never heard of Orijen?? hmmm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UMMMM I cant say NO connection ...

BUT Wellness and Natures Variety both have grain free wets as does EVO, BUT all three are made by MENU... I am using Wellness and my old girl loves it ... SOlid gold tuna is grain free ... SG is made by Diamond

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...one positive thing....i just did a search and found that the closest place to me that sells Serengetti is the pet salon LITERALLY across the street from the road i live off on - so tomorrow i will be paying them a visit to see about prices/etc. I think i will try Serengetti...i don't know what else to do
It's really too expensive but i don't know what else i should do....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

UMMMM I cant say NO connection ...

BUT Wellness and Natures Variety both have grain free wets as does EVO, BUT all three are made by MENU... I am using Wellness and my old girl loves it ... SOlid gold tuna is grain free ... SG is made by Diamond
Do you know much about Serengetti? Such as who they are made by, where they're manufactured,etc? I'm trying to look it up online.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Do you know much about Serengetti? Such as who they are made by, where they're manufactured,etc? I'm trying to look it up online.
Made by Timberwolf who wouldnt evan disclose WHERE there plant is ... saying it was private when the first recall hit ....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well...one positive thing....i just did a search and found that the closest place to me that sells Serengetti is the pet salon LITERALLY across the street from the road i live off on - so tomorrow i will be paying them a visit to see about prices/etc. I think i will try Serengetti...i don't know what else to do
There's always the possibility that if it's REALLY premium food that the cats will be more full and eat less...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

There's always the possibility that if it's REALLY premium food that the cats will be more full and eat less...
POSSIBLE .. IMHO experience cats eat the same no matter what quality... or they may eat 10% less with "super premium"... the real stuff is less hairballs less vet trips

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine are currently eating Evo, but.. they eat about 1/2 the amount they ate of regular commercial grain inclusive dry food.. I just ordered a Serengetti, a Core, and a Raw Instinct.. we'll see how that goes. Evo (at my store where they sell it) is about $20 for 6 pounds. They (two of them, domestic and Mau) eat about one cat food dish full of this a day. A six pound bag usually lasts for a while, which surprises me..but.. Serengetti is a little lower on the protein side than Evo, so.. I don't know if that will make a difference or not. If you order from the Timberwolf website, though, Serengetti is considerably cheaper than Evo (about half the price), and from what I've seen one of the others.. I think it was Core but it might have been the Raw Instinct.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys
I actually decided not to even risk it with anything else last night- it's just too frusterating wondering what foods are going to be next - so i am going to try home cooking a balanced diet for the. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was at the natural food store all morning discussing options. I ended up buying NV Raw Instinct and California Natural Chicken and Rice to mix for transitioning.
I returned the CS that I had purchased to the feed store where I buy it. They hadn't even heard about the recall yet! You would think that companies would be on top of this stuff
The Diamond Natural that my dog eats has been put aside for now(couldn't return it, the bag was open) ,we bought him Canidae,hopefully he likes it.