Grain free drys

2coolcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ~*Regina*~

I use to feed EVO but with the calories being so high, Tessie was getting heavy and when I would feed her less EVO she would always be hungry.
Just be careful how much you feed especially if your only feeding dry.
I'll keep that in mind. I have one 15lb little boy and I'm trying to get him to lose weight so I'll keep an eye on it. they are on half wet and half dry....usually 3oz of wet and 1/4 cup of dry.

2coolcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
grumble grumble grumble....

I'm not really impressed with Innova Evo dry...it's "crumbly" for starters which leads to a lot of dust at the bottom.

And I *think* I may have a kitty who is allergic...after a few meals I noticed one cat has a few patches of hair missing on his tail. This is the only thing that has changed so I'm trying to figure out what is new in the Evo dry that wasn't in Blue Buffalo Wilderness, Wellness Core or TOTW that may have caused an allergic reaction. He's going to the vet tomorrow, hopefully they can tell. I thought at first that maybe there was a cat fight with the other cat but looking at his tail, there are no scratch or bite marks and he doesn't seem to be sensitive to touch in the area where the hair is gone.

Innova has a return policy but of course I dumped the food out of the bag into my own airtight container.
15lbs of expensive cat food...my neighbor has a ton of outdoor cats, Christmas may come a little early for them this year.

I am seriously thinking about making this my last bag of dry altogether. I could more than afford all wet if i didnt buy dry....though i really hope kitty isnt allergic and i can finish this bag

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Which EVO ?? Wilderness seems a bit simpliar in ingrediants ... Core and Taste I think have less white potato

2coolcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Which EVO ?? Wilderness seems a bit simpliar in ingrediants ... Core and Taste I think have less white potato
It's the Turkey & Chicken formula. I'm assuming the vet can run some type of test to determine an allergy?? He seems to be fine otherwise, normal litter box activity, normal behavior on the outside, so I'm having a hard time coming up with what it could be other than the food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2coolCats

It's the Turkey & Chicken formula. I'm assuming the vet can run some type of test to determine an allergy?? He seems to be fine otherwise, normal litter box activity, normal behavior on the outside, so I'm having a hard time coming up with what it could be other than the food.
traditional skin and blood allergy tests are not great at detecting .. ie many times they miss the issue
elimination is the best way...

2coolcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

traditional skin and blood allergy tests are not great at detecting .. ie many times they miss the issue
elimination is the best way...
Vet didn't think it was a food allergy. He noted that usually with a food allergy there will be some signs on the face. He did say that a cat in heat will often chew her tail but that's never happened before. I think I'm going to try to introduce it again post-spay to see if there is another reaction.