Grain free drys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

Very close, but you forgot ash and fiber.
ASH ??? I would think that would also be distubted within the three groups?? maybe I missed that

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

ASH ??? I would think that would also be distubted within the three groups?? maybe I missed that
I beleive ash has to be counted separately - it isn't protein, fat, carbohydrate or moisture.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

I beleive ash has to be counted separately - it isn't protein, fat, carbohydrate or moisture.
I'm not sure I'm right, but I think the most of the ash (minerals basically) is already part of the protein or more technically probably part of all 3, like Sharky said.

I counted fiber as a carb, so I excluded it on purpose.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i got some wellness core yesterday, & boy is it fishy smelling! still haven't gotten the natural prairie raw instinct... maybe i didn't order it after all?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Core was a sucess here ... Zoey ate it mixed with her current food

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just started Sash on Nature's Variety Raw Instincts and he seems to really like it, I don't think there's too many dry foods he wouldn't like though.
I like the soft/crumbly texture of the kibble too, it seems like it would be good for an older kitties teeth.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Serengeti this weekend, and tried it out on my two as a treat before mixing it into their dry. They both seemed to like it, so in it went.

Now they are eating a mixture of Raw Instinct and Serengeti, and I've started adding in Royal Canin 34 because I had to buy a big bag to feed Penny, as that's what she has been eating at the Meridian Cattery.

She'll start out at my place with just the Royal Canin, but hopefully won't have a problem with a gradual switch over to the grain free.

From day one I have fed a dry mixture, to prevent my kitties tummies from getting used to just one food, and I have never had a problem, so I plan to continue that. By eliminating the grains, I think that things wil work out even better, as there should never be any allergy issues (knock wood.)

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, thus far Serengeti, Core, and Raw Instinct have all bombed with the domestic. The Mau and the Bengal tried a little of each but definitely prefer the Evo.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Well, thus far Serengeti, Core, and Raw Instinct have all bombed with the domestic. The Mau and the Bengal tried a little of each but definitely prefer the Evo.
your s have complex tastes buds... EVO would likely have the most flavor ... three meats with potatos and dairy

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Diesel and Tucker both like Raw Instinct a lot. I mixed it with California Natural Chicken and Rice to help them transition but they keep picking the Raw Instinct out and leave the CN in the bowl

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Diesel and Tucker both like Raw Instinct a lot. I mixed it with California Natural Chicken and Rice to help them transition but they keep picking the Raw Instinct out and leave the CN in the bowl
Swanie and Cindy are picking the Cal Natural Chicken and Rice out and leaving the Raw Instinct

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Swanie and Cindy are picking the Cal Natural Chicken and Rice out and leaving the Raw Instinct
That's funny!
Maybe we can trade?

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...Rambo's picking out the Nature's Variety (and leaving it sprinkled throughout the carpet) so he can get to the Orijen! I guess I should give up on mixing the 2 for a slow transition!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to put a little dish of each out and let them pick and choose.. see which one they pick the most. Sometimes they have to decide over a few days if they like something or not.