Grain free drys

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The verdict on Wellness Core in my house was two paws down. Sniff it, ignore it.

I have the others on order, hopefully they'll find something in there that they like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Sharky, please please shoot a PM my way if you find something light on veggies! I'd like to have a dry I can rotate in for the other 2 that I don't need to worry a ton about Raphie getting some.
You're wonderful! thanks for the list!
Will do ...

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

The verdict on Wellness Core in my house was two paws down. Sniff it, ignore it.

I have the others on order, hopefully they'll find something in there that they like
Mine responded pretty much the same. oh well, onto the next.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got samples of Innova EVO and Nature's Variety yesterday evening. Tucker wouldn't touch either but Diesel seemed to LOVE both of them, go figure
This morning I mixed each about 1/2 and 1/2 with our Chicken Soup dry food and Tucker ate about 1/4 cup of the CS/NV mix. He wouldn't touch the EVO but the NV was the closest bowl to him so??? At least he tried it, could've been worse

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

I got samples of Innova EVO and Nature's Variety yesterday evening. Tucker wouldn't touch either but Diesel seemed to LOVE both of them, go figure
This morning I mixed each about 1/2 and 1/2 with our Chicken Soup dry food and Tucker ate about 1/4 cup of the CS/NV mix. He wouldn't touch the EVO but the NV was the closest bowl to him so??? At least he tried it, could've been worse
I always wondered. I know EVO is like flat little round disks. What is the shape of Nature's Variety kibble?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover77

I always wondered. I know EVO is like flat little round disks. What is the shape of Nature's Variety kibble?
The Nature's Variety Raw Instinct is very "crumbly". That's the best description I can offer!

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover77

NV is flat and square.
Chicken Soup is larger and X shaped so I think maybe with Tucker it's a size issue...the EVO is pretty small compared to what he's used to.
Picky, picky kitty

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The Nature's Variety Raw Instinct is very "crumbly". That's the best description I can offer!
I haven't found very many crumbs, but it's a sample bag??
It does seem to break up pretty easily when you apply pressure.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

I haven't found very many crumbs, but it's a sample bag??
It does seem to break up pretty easily when you apply pressure.
I have the smallest regular bag (not trial)...and I don't think I'd go any bigger, as the weight of the kibble probably helps crush the rest underneath it...hope that makes sense.

My cats like it, though...and I've used some crumbs a few times to make some yucky flavor of canned food more appealing...like sprinkles!! LOL They fell for it, though.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I have the smallest regular bag (not trial)...and I don't think I'd go any bigger, as the weight of the kibble probably helps crush the rest underneath it...hope that makes sense.

My cats like it, though...and I've used some crumbs a few times to make some yucky flavor of canned food more appealing...like sprinkles!! LOL They fell for it, though.
Yeah, I was thinking of trying a small bag. I think that you're right about larger bags crushing the food. We have enough of the Chicken Soup dry left to transition with...hopefully

Tucker also likes "sprinkles" on his wet/raw food...he has to have some crunchies
(you can't tell that they're spoiled, can you?
)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if I asked about Avoderm dry on this thread or not, so I'll ask if Avoderm is any good. Actually I think they are changing the formula so the point will be moot, but I haven't heard anything about it so I thought I'd throw it out there...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I can't remember if I asked about Avoderm dry on this thread or not, so I'll ask if Avoderm is any good. Actually I think they are changing the formula so the point will be moot, but I haven't heard anything about it so I thought I'd throw it out there...
IT has LOTS of CORN .... I am unsure about all the oils... the canned dog actually improved

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

IT has LOTS of CORN .... I am unsure about all the oils... the canned dog actually improved
I thought it had corn. I'll ask for a recommendation next time I need a bag. Too bad - they like it a lot, and their coats and litter box leavings have improved a lot!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm getting SO FRUSTRATED WITH ALL OF THIS.......i've been trying so hard to get my kitties on something ok.....while getting luxor off of chicken.allergen free stuff....... so right now we are on wellness core and the salmon flavor of wellness.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, is Chicken Soup for the Cat/Kitten Lover's Soul not grain free? I understood it to be gluetin free but to have rice in it -is that correct?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Wait, is Chicken Soup for the Cat/Kitten Lover's Soul not grain free? I understood it to be gluetin free but to have rice in it -is that correct?
Yes, it doesn't have any "glutens" in it, but it has rice. Rice is a grain...so it's not "grain free".

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, it doesn't have any "glutens" in it, but it has rice. Rice is a grain...so it's not "grain free".
Thanks for clearing that up!!!! I was confused about it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a confusing time...no problem.
You got that right!
So it's really nice to have others around here on TCS that can somewhat steer us in the right direction
I appreciate that a lot!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those asking about the shape/crumble texture of the foods, I took a photo of the three we have now (we are fresh out of EVO and have no serengetti either although I thought we did
)