Grain free drys

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The crumbly texture put mine off it and I find I waste a lot of food because they will not eat the crumbs so am better off with a harder kibble type rather than something crumbly
At first that was the case with mine, but I have since become a "mean meowmy" and will not fill their bowl with dry again until they have gotten through the majority of the crumbs. (Within a short period of time, I'm not THAT mean, and I sure don't want my babies to go hungry!)

It's working. And I am no longer throwing away too much of the crumbles.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dory is not impressed with the Raw Instinct. He was so not impressed, he decided to pee on the food in the bowls! Not just one bowl of food, but all 3!
That little piddler....

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharky, please please shoot a PM my way if you find something light on veggies! I'd like to have a dry I can rotate in for the other 2 that I don't need to worry a ton about Raphie getting some.
You're wonderful! thanks for the list!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Dory is not impressed with the Raw Instinct. He was so not impressed, he decided to pee on the food in the bowls! Not just one bowl of food, but all 3!
That little piddler....
Oh my! My two like it like candy - tell Dory I'm very sorry to have suggested that brand!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That little piddler....
Oh no....at least if mine don't like something they just walk away.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh my! My two like it like candy - tell Dory I'm very sorry to have suggested that brand!
Oh it didn't shock me. Mr. I Pee on Raw Medallions peed on dry food....it's not a stretch! Seems like when he doesn't like something....he uses it as a LB!

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also bought yesterday a small bag of Wellness Core
and the Innova EVO since they are pretty much eating the EVO one, I guess there is no need to open the Wellness Core, huh..

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh it didn't shock me. Mr. I Pee on Raw Medallions peed on dry food....it's not a stretch! Seems like when he doesn't like something....he uses it as a LB!
That's funny! I guess that Dory just has strong opinions when it comes to his food

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That little piddler....
ok I wouldn't be laughing so much if one of mine did it but

Originally Posted by beandip

Oh no....at least if mine don't like something they just walk away.
thats what mine do too, with the exception of Boomer who sends the bowl flying across the room

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll trade ya Dory for Booms!

After the whole raw fiasco with Dory...I was not overly shocked. I have now tried mixing in some treats to see if they'll eat the Raw Instinct. Molly is meowing as though all 15 lbs. of her is wasting away...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok but he is rather demanding!

Taps must be left to drip for him or he will find out how to turn them on and flood your bathroom!
Doors must be left open or he will try to give himself a concussion opening them.
a Sponge and furry football must be out at all times so he can decide which one he wants to play with and drop it sopping wet at your feet.
He only drinks from a cat-it fountain or the tub - not kitchen/bathroom sinks

I could go on, do you still want him?

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

That little piddler....
oh gosh!.. wow, he certainly knows how to get the point across

sorry it didn't work.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I beleive TRU said Sergetti has the stuff in uti gel in it so it may also be an option...
I just called timberwolf organics and the magnesium is .11%
The orijen looks good, but the closest state to me that sells it is Georgia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fosterkitty

ok, so grain free foods are good for UTI's even though the magnesium is much higher? seriously I'm confused
They really arent ... but they are improving by adding ingrediants to them to help with UTi health... IF YOU have UTI issues start with the canned grain frees and see with them.. I actually made meat cookies by baking a grain free can for my dog ...

On a side note... after a exam( vet talked me out of blood work
) Zoey is going to eat Raw instict and vet said only leave it out and if she want s dry shell learn to eat ( wet will also be avail)... Zoey turned up allergic to EVO ...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Should I discontinue the Nutro CC Wt mgmt?
It has a lot of rice stuff in it.
I am afraid I will throw their sensitive systems into shock.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Well....I would discotinue it Lei. Just to be safe. Me switching all my kits is throwing them off....but what if the food is "tainted"? I'd rather have upset digestive tracts than chance feeding toxic ingredients. Then again, I'm getting rather paranoid.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It doesnt have rice gluten or protein concentrate but my vet advised ( well okay she has been for 2 yrs ) to eliminate grain... Remember I have a very old CRF and a ALLERGY galore kids also .... I will say the holisitc vet got ride of lamb and rice cookies that had rice gluten but not the food.. two vets two different ideas... Since they are senitive if you can find a grain free to your liiking mix it slowly... my vet carries EVO and I already had raw insticts.. feel free to PM me.. Gets into the PARANOID line
... since both of yours numbers are in the norm now I am guessing they are safe ... this was just an oppotunity for my vet to get me grain free

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a lot to learn.
I do not ever want to harm my innocent kitties by feeding them toxic food again.

We need truth from the pet food companies.

Wellness Core and EVO dry, in small amounts, are OK for older kitties with past kidney issues?
I have got to get them off of dry food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have a lot to learn.
I do not ever want to harm my innocent kitties by feeding them toxic food again.

We need truth from the pet food companies.

Wellness Core and EVO dry, in small amounts, are OK for older kitties with past kidney issues?
I have got to get them off of dry food.
Please PM me