Biographies

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow someone did some digging for this one!

My name is, uh, Katie
and I am 28 years old. I just got divorced last year, but my ex and I are still friendly, we just weren't meant to be married
I love cats, duh, don't we all
and dogs and anything furry! I like to read, go to the movies, go dancing, go out to eat (unfortunately) and I am watch waaaay too much TV. My friends already think I'm the crazy cat lady, especially because I take in sick kitties, FeLV+, but they need love too!
I am a technical biller, sounds much fancier than it is, and I also work at a restaurant on the weekends. I really do like my jobs! I plan on going back to college in the fall for psychology.
I am very close to my family, don't know what I would do without them
I'm a pretty boring person, but I like it that way!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Farrah. I'm 28 and running (quickly) away from 30!!
I work at a retirement center in Asheville as a dining room manager. I am a certified dietary manager/certified food protection professional with focus on geriatric nutrition which means I do medical charting and consultations regarding diets, diet modifications, and nutritional therapy. I have been here for 10 years.
I am from TN, moved here (NC) right after graduating high school. I am divorced (as of 2/28/06--only took 2 years) from a 7-year marriage. I have no children and looks like I never will
. I have two kitty-kids.
I love to ride my dirtbike (got rid of my streetbike b/c I'm getting too scared to ride d/t too many of my friends having accidents). In my spare time I like to read, LOVE crossword puzzles, crafts, shopping, drag racing, and cooking/baking is my passion.

I have no family here, left them all in TN (except for a cousin that is newly living in Scotland).
That's about it. Enough, huh?!

rubysoho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought I would add my bio to the thread.

I am graduating from Appalachian State University on Sunday, May 7th. I am very excited about that. I am a Broadcasting Major and an Art minor (simply because I love art and wanted a creative outlet). I was the Sales Director and Station Manager over the last two years at my college's radio station. In the past I have had cats, dogs, guinea pig, gerbils, fish, and hampsters and a horse. Right now I am without animals though because I am about to be moving to Leesburg, VA. In Leesburg I will be persuing my passion of horseback riding professionally and competetively. I do have Olympic goals, and although two months ago I would have been afraid to say that, I am now making myself say it outloud because I think it is an important part of achieving goals. But, this means a lot of work for me - the job I am taking is 12 hours a day, 6 days a week - doing all that I love so it is worth it!

I came here hopeing to get some information on cat ownership because I have never truly owned anything (my parents always helped in the past) so I wanted to make sure I cover all my bases. I do not plan on bringing a cat home right away, I want to settle into my new lifestyle to make sure a cat (or two
) would fit first. In the meantime I am hopeing to volunteer my spare time with an animal rescue.

I have three special pets that have been in my life (though all my animals have been wonderful, these three have impacted me greatly. Pax, my horse when I was younger. I only had him for a few years, he and I were a team. I hope in the future to buy him back and retire him - but he is already 22 and I do not see a time in the near future when I would be able to support him. Riley, is a dog I raised from a puppy. I adopted him through petsmart. Actually, I almost did not see him until the second time I came through. He was in timeout because he would not share his toys. It was an instant love. He fell asleep in my lap on the way home. We've spent many years of happiness together and he will be remaining with my family because they love him so much. I don't like the idea of sharing him, but he loves my family and so he will stay with them. Boomer, is the most special of specials. He was a stray cat who adopted me many years ago. Although he was scared of people, he became my lap-cat. In the winter months when it was cold, I would sit outside with him and warm his paws. On the really bad nights my mom let me bring him inside where he slept on my chest - drooling. It was love. A couple years ago he disappeared. I know in my heart he is waiting for me across the bridge for me. Any animal I rescue in the future will be in memory of Boomer.

Well, that is me and a few of my pets in a nutshell.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm a little behind on this!
My name is Atticus, I'm named after Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird, which happens to be one of my favourite books. I'm fourteen, which kind of sucks because not that many people take me seriously. I love reading, biking, snowboarding, cats!, TCS, photography, and many other things. I'm not that interesting, so that's about it.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I've also completed one novel, but didn't like how it turned out so I am going to completely re-vamp it. I also have at least two other novels floating around in my head, but haven't taken the time to get back into writing.
Well done! Good luck with the revamp - between work and my MA I haven't written in months, so I understand how life gets in the way - hopefully we will both get back to it soon.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sockiesmom

Well, my name is Jenn and I am 16 years old. I will be starting grade 11 this September and I hope to go to university and become a nurse in the future. After I finish with my education, I would like to raise some "therapy pets" to help people in hospitals and other institutions.
I have a dog, Skipper, and a cat, Socks. I got Socks when I was 8 years old and could not imagine life without a cat. I'd like more, but my dad is allergic and so I can't.
I really enjoy music. I'm attempting to teach myself acoustic guitar (I can do the scales, so far, lol). My favorite bands include Aerosmith, The Black Crowes, and Bon Jovi. Another of my hobbies includes painting. I really enjoy painting animals on rocks, and painting scenes of our cottage up in Northern Ontario.
I'm a boring person and that's about it, heh.
You're not boring, you're 16! It takes time to build up life experience - having had loads of adventures at your age would not be a good thing - anyway, college is just around the corner, and you'll have lots of chances to have stories to tell.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BodLover

I'm Rhea... and I'm an alcoholic.. :LOL: JUST JOKING!! :LOL:, sorry,... anyway, I'm 20 and have been married for just over 2 years. My husband and I share our home with 7 kitties and I'm sure plenty more furry friends will be added to the family soon (we can't help ourselves!!) I used to live on the South east coast of the UK, but since I married, I had to move to the Midlands where hubby's work is, I still get homesick, but am getting used to it.
I work as a Receptionist, and as Heidi said, its not my dream job, but it pays the bills
I am also studying Interior Design and hope to be qualified within (at the longest) the next 2 years.
We have recently moved house, so at the moment all my spare time is taken up with that! Some serious re-modelling being done! But when I'm not decorating, I'm mad on classic Lit and reading, I do a little cross stitch now and then but also LOVE to paint and draw - and ocasionally attempt to play my violin....:laughing:
Wrong forum!

Maybe try "I'm Rhea... and I'm an catalcoholic" - then we could chorus,

"Hi Rhea!"

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nathalie

Enough about you, let's talk about me. (ha ha, just kidding!!!!!!!)I'm 16 and anxiously awaiting December 6 so I can have friends in the car when I drive...not that I even have a car, but whatever.
Hey, it's important to have goals.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, it took me a while to figure out that this thread started in 2002 - so the 16 y/os aren't sixteen any more!

Anyway, I'm Satai (not my real name, but I'm a little shy sometimes). One of my nicknames is Misha, so you can use that if you like.

I'm 26, I'm an egomaniac, I'm nearly finished with my MA - hopefully I will be able to start my PhD in September. I write books for fun, and hope to sell one one day, though I don't really care if they sell well or not - I would've written anyway, afterall!

I like this thread, though I haven't read it all yet, and I like to see how much we all have in common.

I have four cats - Molly, Bobby, Slayer and Sláine. I'm currently really worried about Bobby, as he's stayed out way to late tonight - his curfew is 8pm!

I take ballet classes and cello lessons and hope to start back on my Tae Kwon Do and writing soon.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooo HA!

Alright so, I'm Leah. I am 22 years old. I have a 2 year old daughter, and I live with her father whom is also my boyfriend (brandon). We've been together for 4 years.
Love is crazy.

-I work alot. Sometimes 16 hours a day. So when I get a chance to go out and have some fun, I usually end up having ALOT of fun. Just to make up for all the nights I dont get to go out.

-Honestly, I dont have many friends. I have my boyfriend, and him and I share a couple of mutual friends that go everywhere with us. I used to have my own friends, but they kind of fell off of the face of the earth. Dont know.
One of our best friends lives with us.

-I care too much. I worry too much. But most times, it all works out for the better when I do both worry and care.

-I love fireworks, gardens, small puppies, Corona, Long Island Ice Tea, accessories(bracelets, earrings, necklaces), cute socks, Anything Pink or Sparkly, Sunshine, my computer, Subway, flip-flops, brushes, smoothie makers, clean laundry, office supplies, silk blankets, showering, sleeping, Marlboro lights, talking to my mom, dancing, singing, vacuuming, the shampoo & conditioner Isle, the smell of Hugo for men, Summer, walking with my head high(looks way hotter), jeans, pink candles, being in pictures, and Los Angeles.

-I lost my dad when I was 16, kind of screwed me up a little bit, and I became quite a drinker. Brandon came to my rescue when I was 18, we became best friends, and then we decided to be together. I moved in with him shortly after, and was pregnant a couple weeks after moving in. (go figure
)

-I have alot of dreams that have yet to be fullfilled. I want/need (whatever you want to call it) to go to school. I would like to buy a house in the very near future, and that's putting alot of stress on me. I'd like to have a career where I can know me and my family are stabilized for the rest of our lives. That would mean the world to me.

-I really would like to live in Los Angeles, or a town outside of L.A. but, I am afraid of terrorists making that the next spot for something big to happen. Scares the heck out of me.

-I honestly dont think my mother raised me right. I dont think she supported me with anything, and that bothers me. Every time I wanted to do something (whether it was a job, friends, something to do, life choices), she never really cared much. And I hope that I can support my child through whatever it is she has dreams to do.

-I'm not shy. I'm afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of being alone. I love myself. I think I'm cute. I think I reproduce cute childeren too. A pink Mustang is my dream car.

-I'm not in any type of classes, or recreational activities, and I dont play any music, or write any books. I'm a regular fun-loving, out-going, chic. I've got my job, my house, (and TCS of course
) that take up 90% of my time. The other 10 percent is spent shopping or going out for some fun.

-I love summer the best. Sunshiny days rock my world. Too bad Wisconsin has so many cold months.

-I have the oppurtunity to live in florida. In a house, of my own. With my boyfriend and my daughter. No cost, no strings attached. (his family offered to buy us a house). BUT I would miss my mother way too much. And that's the ONLY reason I dont live in Florida right now. Well there is one other reason, the hurricanes, but that can be delt with better.

-I am a beginner cook, I know nothing about cooking, so I'm starting off slow. It's going alright.

-I forget fast. Like "dori". For real. I'm thinking school might help me become more knowlegable, and less likely to forget stuff. I just really dont have time for school at the moment.

-I have Mushi, & Kipper. And a snapping turtle "spike". When we have a house, I will also have a puppy.

WELL-that's all for know. It's all I can really think of. Thanks

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Leah, that's a great post.

Let me encourage you about school - it's a great thing to do, even if it takes you a while to figure out what you want to do. Please be patient with yourself and enjoy the journey.

It reminds me of a quote - "If you must tell me your opinions, tell me what you believe in. I have plenty of doubts of my own." (Goethe). Thank you for sharing your dreams, and I wish you well with them.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess this would be a short bio of me. My real name is Heather, and I'm 28. I live with my wonderful husband of four years, and we share two beautiful cats named 8-Bit Wolfgang and Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds. In case you didn't notice we believe in naming our kitties complex names that boggles the mind of our Vet.

I grew up in a medium sized town, and went to a Catholic high school. My high school years I am doing my best to forget, but my step mom was my high school guidance counselor, so my past stares me in the face every time I want to go visit my Dad. I wasn't an easy kid to raise, but we have all moved on from that.
I went to college in a tiny town, and that's where I met my husband. He was my movie, beer, and cigarette delivery driver. We didn't fall in love instantly. In fact he was supposed to be a one night stand.
I graduated, and went on to work at quite possibly the worst company in the world, until it got bought out by an even bigger more horrible company. A few months ago I finally quit that horrible job, and moved on to a much better company.
That's me in a nutshell. There's a lot more to me. It's mostly emotional baggage that I will discuss from time to time, but mainly I like to keep life as simple as possible.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow I just realized how old this thread is but I enjoyed reading about some of you. Heres my story:

My name Is Maryann, I am 20 years old, I have one cat named Princess she is a lil over a year. I have boyfriend whom I love very much. We also live together. i dont have a normal family as some of you know. I work a lot at a grocery store called Stop and Shop. Oh I live in Poughkeepsie NewYork representen the 845- just kidding
ummm..... I am short with long black hair. My hobbies are cleaning after my boyfriend
working and I also have a salt water tank as well. I dont like cooking although everyone in my family does, go figure
I love shopping and buying bags shoes and sunglasses!!!!!
and thats me!!!!! Hope you guys like me. Oh I also like to come to this site eeryday like a million times a day, I have so much fun on this site.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Heather, good for you, I hope you like your new job better.

BF and I also boggle the vets' minds when it comes to naming - Slayer is FernSlayer, and her brother (since adopted out) was originally called MouseBane (Bane), and Slayer's foster sister is Sláine. I recognise Scratch Fury, but 8 bit Wolfgang - any clues?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

Hope you guys like me. Oh I also like to come to this site eeryday like a million times a day, I have so much fun on this site.
Hey, I know you're only 20, but you should never care too much about whether other people like you - just two cents from an older girl. If you can, get a copy of Entre Nous a Woman's Guide to finding her inner French Girl - it totally changed my attitude to me.

And I come to this site like a million times a day too - I'm an Alpha cat and I don't think I've even been here a week. Eek.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Hi Heather, good for you, I hope you like your new job better.

BF and I also boggle the vets' minds when it comes to naming - Slayer is FernSlayer, and her brother (since adopted out) was originally called MouseBane (Bane), and Slayer's foster sister is Sláine. I recognise Scratch Fury, but 8 bit Wolfgang - any clues?
His first name was after the Nintendo Entertainment System. My husband and I are huge console gamers.
Wolfgang is a longer story. My husband was supposed to be named Michael Wolfgang. When he was born my MIL "forgot" to put it on the birth certificate. She never told my FIL. When we were getting married, the justice of the peace used our full names. My FIL asked, "What happened to Wolfgang? Your middle name is Wolfgang right?"
My husband and I decided that if we ever had a son we would have his middle name be Wolfgang. Recently, due to health reasons, my husband and I decided that children weren't going to be a good choice for us. So the middle name of our first kitty is Wolfgang.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My husband and I decided that if we ever had a son we would have his middle name be Wolfgang. Recently, due to health reasons, my husband and I decided that children weren't going to be a good choice for us. So the middle name of our first kitty is Wolfgang.
Thats really sweet.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Mollie.. I'm 28. I lurked here for a few months, then joined about a month later.. but didn't post anything for a long time. I'm kinda shy till I get to know you. This is the only forum I belong too. I've had my own cats since Jan04. I love my kitties. I only had dogs growing up, dad was allergic. I'm just a little bit but not that bad.
I started loving kitties when I went to college. There was a kitty that was sorta the campus mascot and once he broke into my room and hung out on my head.. A few years later I ended up dating one of his two owners and fell in love with cats. (that's the only good thing about that relationship) I couldn't have my own until a few years ago. My fiancee (now hubby) was talking about how he missed his childhood kitties and a few weeks later I found out about Zakk and picked him up. We got Rocky a few months later. Rocky has a lot of health problems which is how I found this site.. I think I googled "dry paw pads". Rocky is my constant shadow at home. Zakk devoted to hubby.
Last fall I helped rescue two kitties that were living outside. One (cookie) was supposed to go to a friend but ended up staying.
Anyway, I grew up in western ct, I have family in central mass, went to college there, lived in mass about ten years, met hubby. A few years ago I got a job in eastern ct and we moved here last year. I was commuting about 25 miles over the state line for over a year. We have our own house now. Besides cats I like to read, hang out with friends, travel and go the beach. I also like to go to the casino once in awhile. I also like to do some creative things like sewing and crafts but don't have the time/ attention span.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, my name is Kallie (but said Kaylee).

I'm 20 years old and have been married exactly a year today.
Kyle (DH) and I have been together since sept 2001 and we have a 3 1/2 year old son together named Telaryn ( sounds like Tell aaron).

I'm from Saskatchewan and always have been. I am a second year education student and hope to teach middle years or highschool and I am majoring in Native studies and minoring in Drama!

We have had our share of pets together and currently have one cat named Mittens. She is a chocolate point snow shoe and my beloved Yen went missing May 5/06 and I have not been able to find her yet, but I am always looking, We also have one dog Gracie, but she is at Kyle's parents farm.

I joined this forum when I took in a pregnant queen (Yen) and she had two kittens (Yuki and Hitomi) and I have been addicted ever since.

I love to read and write (nothing serious though) and when I retire from teaching, I hope to help with rescue work for all kinds of animals, but especially cats. I also love to watch and go to movies and I talk a lot!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Rachele (Ray-chel). I've got two kids, one from my first marriage which was abusive....my ex was abusive to both of us (he broke her arm when she was 9 weeks old and thank God he didn't kill her).

I met my current husband 2 weeks after 9/11 through Match.com. We were engaged in July of 2002 and married that August. (August 16th as a matter of fact).

I served in the United States Air Force for 7 years and recieved an honorable discharge in July 2005.

In September 2003 my husband and I had a son together, he'll be 3 on September 23rd. We have had a few cats we've taken in off the streets and found homes for. No cat ever matched my Cody, how passed away before my son was born after having an abcessed tooth, which was removed, but no one at the time knew that the infection had gotten into the bone until she one day had a mysterious seizure and died. That's when we discovered the bone infection.

After she died we began taking in stray cats and taming them or finding kittens and taking them from feral to sweet as sugar and finding good homes for them and keeping them from getting hit by cars or something worse.

Now we have Miss Pandora and Miss Pearl who are our forever kitties....they are a month apart exactly. And are as sweet as can be.

I'm 26 years old and my husband is 31. My oldest little girl she turns 7 on the 17th of December and my son turns 3 like I said in September.

I suffer from varying mood issues....I've been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, Avoidant Personality Disorder, Major Depressive disorder, and Post traumatic Stress Disorder (cause of my ex and it still gives me horrible nightmares).

I try to take life one day at a time and my favorite quote that's gotten me through the hardest times is that "Everything happens for a Reason".