Biographies

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Jenney...Kenz (babyharley) just pointed this thread out in another thread.

Um...I'm 29 years old, recently engaged, and am working full time as an IT Manager. Well I don't really manage people, just computers...so I'm more of a Systems Admin (more commonly called "The computer person").

Anyway, I also teach at a local community college one night a week. Right now I'm teaching an intro to web systems, so my students can learn all the fun and boring stuff of the Internet and how to design web pages.

I am also working on my Masters degree in Information Security, so needless to say I am super busy and most of my fun time is limited.

Between my fiance and I, we own 4 cats. Luna is my cat; Patches and Beauty are his cats; we took Whitey in together.

Seeing as I don't have much of a life right now, my hobbies are few. so basically I spend my time running all over SE Michigan or I'm on the computer.

I enjoy TV shows like Scrubs, Family Guy, South Park, Mind of Mencia, as well as many of the documentaries on National Geographic channel, Discovery Health (Mystery Diagnosis is cool!), Discovery channel and History channel.

I also like to taste/drink wine...as well as beer tasting too. Mmm..beer...wine...So in short I'm an overworked, television watching drinker.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My name is Jenny. I am 26 years old and live in Wisconsin. I'm 4'11", also very short. I have short brown hair and blue eyes and am about 70lbs overweight right now (working on that!).

My husband and I were married in April, 2006 in Las Vegas, NV (no, not by Elvis lol). We met about 6 years before that in a game called Everquest on the computer. It was a lengthy "courtship" but I ended up moving from my home in Texas to where I am now in Wisconsin.

My husband currently works in the auto industry and I am a student with a few temp jobs here and there till I graduate. I am taking a Computer Service course at the local tech college. We have no children, but want one. His job is unstable as the Auto Worker's Union contract comes up in September and who knows what will happen then. So we're waiting. We want to give our child the best enviorment we can before bringing one into the world. Me being childless bugs my mother, but oh well

I was the usual rebellious teenager, so my family and I grew apart, but are now real close. I talk to my mom (in Texas) on the computer almost every day. I went to public school, had a small circle of friends and was very active in the school choir program. I competed in numerous events and have several first place awards for solo performance.. but I don't sing anymore in public and am out of practice so probably not as good anymore.

I have a sister who is 8 years younger than I am. She was born with ameniotic bands, which are bands in the uterus that wrap around the baby and begin to amputate body parts. She has had a LOT of surgeries because of it, but she can walk just fine and they told us when she was born that she would never walk... just another reason to never give up and never think you can't do something. She is a bratty rebellious teenager now, but she is my inspiration and I love her no matter what!

I got my kitty, Princess the Friday before Easter this year and Saturday was our 1 year anniversary, so I guess she was my anniversary gift She is the first cat I've ever had. I am loving every minute of being a meowmy and I think it's good that I've waited to get a pet because now I am responsible and willing to give her the best possible meowmy she could ask for!

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know this thread is old but i thought i'd bring it back from the dead :p

hmmm..how do i say this? well, i've always been brutally honest so here goes...

i'm tink, i'm 27 years old. i was born and raised in california and lived there (orange county and silicon valley areas) till about a year and a half ago...let's just say an "assault" occured and i was sent to my parents for my best interest and changed my name for my protection (no, i'm not making this up!!! LOL...) i've been married and divorced...i'm a recovered drug addict (sober 1 and 1/2 years) and i am on disability for psychiatric issues like an eating disorder (that i have been battling for 15 years now and counting), post traumatic stress disorder, depression, cutting, obsessive compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, manic episodes, etc...(can you say TMI??? LOL). not to worry though! i've always had animals in my life since i was a newborn AND i treat them like they are my children (i can't have kids anymore due to the eating disorder, my insides are like that of an eighty year old...LOL). if anything they are always treated better than i treat myself and have saved me from just saying forget it all and leaving this world for good. i have goats, turtles, dogs, a new kitten, and a 300 gallon fish tank (it's wayyy big!!!). i hope this doesn't scare anyone off, i spend my days on the internet and love making new internet friends (i have a bit of fear of people in person). maybe this is too honest but i find if i spill my guts early on then there's no worries later...hehehehe...anyway, that's me. nice to meet you all :-)

angi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the process of moving from So. CA to So. WI!!
Hi everyone.
I'm Angela, but go by Angi, & I was born May 6th, 1983 in Cedar Rapids, IA. I lived there for about 8 years, then moved to Center Point, IA. When I was 11, we moved to Las Vegas. We never had a home there, lived mostly out of our van, & some time in a hotel. After a year, we moved to Beloit, WI, where both of my parents had been raised. I stayed there until October of last year. I moved to Rancho Santa Margarita, to live with my boyfriend Evan, who I met in a very strange place...on a Led Zeppelin message board.

I am the oldest of 3 children, my brother just turned 22, & my sister will be turning 15 in September. Our beautiful mother passed away from cancer on January 29th, 2003. Things have been difficult without her, but we've survived.

As mentioned above, I love the band Led Zeppelin, along with other classic rock bands, & "oldies" music. I also have loved the music of Elvis Presley since I was a child.

I currently live in a condo with Evan, & our cat Roxy. We have a nice little family.
I work part-time from home, for a real estate/mortgage company, where Evan works.

Let's see...some random things I like: animals, nature, cheese, Photoshop, photography, other cultures, all things Egyptian, & learning foreign languages. I am currently teaching myself Welsh, & used to be able to speak Spanish nearly fluently. I also know how to say "Hello" in many different languages.

Think that's about it!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many people who do not post anymore, I was just reading the beginning of the thread, and I do not recognize most of the people.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I'm Keith and I am 33. I've lived in Portland now for just over 4 years. I moved from California as I was tired of all the rude people and traffic almost 24 hours a day. Oh, and that smog!!!! I'm single and don't have any kids that I know of.
I'm an uncle to 2 beautiful nephews!! I miss my family and friends but make it up to them when I go down for 5 weeks in the spring to work as a Tour Guide for schoolchildren on field trips to a farm. Pony rides, feed goats and sheep, milk a cow, chickens, chicks and ducklings, llamas, etc. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone into teaching. I really like working with the kids. I'm working at John Deere Landscapes in the warehouse but working on getting my wedding video business off the ground. I'm a real outdoors person. Hiking, camping, kayaking, boating, fishing, you name it. I've had my 9 y.o. cat, Whisky, since he was 1 1/2 and just adopted Oliver, who is 3, this last Thanksgiving. I got Oliver as a friend for Whisky but now Oliver won't leave me alone! I'm very much into Geneology and want to travel to Miller Co. and Osage Co. in Missouri (where my ancestors on my mom's side settled after coming from Germany.) I also want to travel to Germany and England to trace my roots.

That's about it, I think!

Keith
UPDATE:
I'm 38 now and in early 2003 I decided to go back to school and become a teacher. I moved from Portland back down to California as the tuition is much cheaper. I live on the central coast of California in the beautiful city of Paso Robles. In the summer of 2005, I started working as Program Staff at a summer camp in Big Bear, CA. That is where I am again this summer.

Once I have my credential, I'm moving again to (right now) either Boise, ID or Knoxville, TN.