Biographies

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Wow Gail, your my hero! If you tell me you live in an old renovated farm house or that you have a barn or a pond on your property, I'm gonna die!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi I'm "Miss Mew"...I'm 27 years old and live in SW Ontario Canada. Throughout my life I've had many cat "brothers and sisters"...my mom used to rescue stray cats when I was growing up!

Currently it's just myself and my little furbaby Reilly. We are just preparing to begin a big life adventure!. For the past 5 years I have been working with a company at the airport as a Flight Instructor....must say I have enjoyed every moment of it!!!.
But it's time to move on...so kitty and I are leaving on Thursday to move to northwestern Ontario where I've taken on a job as a cargo/charter/bush pilot. One good thing is that I will still have internet access, so I intend to continue to post on a regular basis!

For the future, I hope to be married soon..(just waiting on my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years to ask!)..have some kids, more furbabies!!!!...and hopefully live in a place where I can have my own grass landing strip for a backyard! (the John Travolta dream!)

Take care all!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wee!!! My name is Cassy and I am 18. I was born June 2, 1987. Hm... I have never known my father (nor do I want to) because he either left or I think my mom told me once he was arrested for robbing a bank? (My mom has HORRIBLE taste in men) My mom got married when I was five to someone she divorced when I was 12 (Yay! WOohoo! *Dances*) He was a jerk as was his whole family, in fact he was the only boy in the family not in jail (and there were like 4 boys) but that is because he is a lazy good fornothing jerk. Step-sister was an annoying spoiled little brat who I am glad to be rid of. HM I have had.... about 21 pets I could call my own, five still with me. Uh.... I am a pretty boring person, mostly just went to school and kept awake. I've read who knows how many books (Used to take out three 300 page or so books a day at the school library and read them by the next day) and I read them in class too when I could get away with it. :p 80% of the time I didnt even pay attention in class, just read a book, and I still have a 3.5 grade average :O Must be some passive like hearing thing. Right now ive got another window open looking for a job but the site my mom told me to go on is stupid. O_O They have no listings in my town for anything which is impossible.
If I could I would get married today, have two kids, four cats, and be a stay at home mom. I am a lazy person and I dont like jobs. They drain me emotionally and mentally. The only job I ever liked was the job I didnt get payed for.... I voulenteered at this privately owned zoo for a summer and (willingly) worked eight in the morning to five pm. Most of my duties were to first chop up the food and put it in the right buckets, and then we go out in the golf cart and clean every cage, refill water, and feed the animals. Oh lets see tehre were.... Lions, tigers, bears, a panther, lemurs, yaks, zebras,bandicoots, a parrot, an orange iguanna, donkeys, ponies, dingos, fancy chickens, pigs, camels, llamas, several different types of goats, ostriches, emus, big red cows with ten foot horns, and my favorites were the wolves.
The female was really friendly and would walk up to you with her head down and tail lowered and show her belly to you. She was basically like a really excitable untrained dog. The male though would always hide in the igloo that was their den. He wasnt vicious he just wasnt conditioned to people. Wee some adventures I had there was running away from a the herd of the ten cows with ten foot long horns.... got hit in the head by a post puller and a post. Thought the lion was being friendly and patted its nose only to have it come up and try to nip my fingers. Yeah. Thats the most exciting thing I have done in my life. Oh and I went to mexico like two weeks ago. Cost $1,500 to go and I brought about $230 with me. Yay

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I love this thread. It's good to know who all you people are!

My turn.

My name is Marie and I'm 27. Currently single. I am living in North Bay, Ontario right now but I will be moving to Montreal in a few weeks (I can't wait! North Bay is driving me crazy).
Right now I work as an office assistant. I am going back to University this September to do a B.A. Honours History. Then I'm off to grad school (hopefully) and if all goes well, I'll probably end up as a University professor. I would also love to write books about history. Or if being a historian doesn't work out for me, maybe I'll become a journalist.

As far as hobbies go, I like to watch movies and cartoons. Read.
I am also a political activist (I don't consider that a hobby... it would be a career if only I could find a way to get paid for it!
). I'm not limiting myself to a particular ideology though. I'm very open-minded (and strictly non-violent too).

And of course, I have pets. 2 cats: Joshua and Kinah, a rat: Lissy and a Fish: Mr. Slinky R. Fish (aka Slinky).

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!

I'm Courtney and I'm 19 (20th birthday on September 9...make sure ya'll remember that
). I currently live with my boyfriend, Travis of 2 years in Medina, OH. I am mommy of 3 year old Oscar. I am a waitress at Bob Evans currently and planning on attending school next fall so I can get a student loan by myself (my parents wouldn't cosign for me so I couldn't get one). I am going to go to school for Medical Assisting.

I don't know anyone away from TCS yet but I hope to meet some of you at the next NE Ohio lunch!

I enjoy shopping, watching movies and learning to cook FINALLY. I've also just picked up on Nascar this year and you will never know how addicting it is unless you watch it!

Other than that, that's me. Not too much more than that. I'm pretty easy to get to know.

Courtney

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh cool thread!

ok, I'm megan. I'm 16 i live in minnesota. I have a boyfriend of 1yr 8 months. I attend highschool at burnsville high school. I have 3 cats Brandie, Baby, and Baylee. I used to have a cat named Bushee she lived to be 19. No job yet though.

I like snowboarding and playing softball. The summer months are bad waiting for snow, but i dont like school so summers ok with me. I also scrapbook :-) My boyfriends mom got me started on it and have helped me buy a ton of stuff i need!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how I've missed this thread! Neat idea!
I'm Julianna, I'm 24 yrs old, will be 25 Nov. 12th '05--which makes me a Scorpio! I was born and raised in Vero Beach, Florida. My father is an ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract surgery, my mother is a former special education teacher. My parents were high school sweethearts and they grew up in a small town in southern NJ. I have one sister, Christina, who is 2 years my junior, she is an elementary school teacher, she is living, currently in SC, and she will be married this coming May. I also grew up with a furry "sister", named Katy, which is what began my love of cats. She was a petite tiger-striped gal who was the fifth member of my family until she passed to the RB in October of '03 at the age of 17.
I went to a small private high school, which was pretty much the pits, but I was always very active in theatre at school as well as in the community and also acted a bit professionally during middle school and high school. I went to Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY for my undergrad--I majored in theatre--and there I met Ian, whom I married June 20th of '04. He grew up in Westchester county, NY, and is also involved in the theatre--he makes his living doing technical theatre work (lights, sound, running crew and carpentry) and also is a stage manager. Last August, two months after our wedding, we moved all the way to Chicago, knowing no one here--quite an adventurous way to start our married life! I am attending graduate school at Columbia College Chicago, studying Arts Management, which is the business end of arts organizations. I've started working as a freelance marketing and public relations consultant for small/midsize theatre groups in Chicago and will soon start an internship with a large theatre company which will hopefully lead to a full time job as a marketing associate.
Things I love: all kinds of animals, particularly cats! Books, particularly short story collections or non-fiction works with strong, unique characters. One of my favorite authors recently has been Anita Shreve. I love food and wine and enjoy cooking as well as dining out at one of the many fun and fantastic restaurants here in Chi-town. I love theatre, particularly musical theatre. I love music as well, nearly any type! And, of course, I love my cats!
My cats are Oliver and Emma--Oliver will be 4 this Xmas, I adopted him when he was a tiny kitten from a shelter in upstate NY. He is very affectionate, very vocal, and my best buddy! Emma is a tiny little spitfire we adopted this past March. She is fast becoming a great buddy as well, to myself, my husband, and Oliver!

Well, I think that's about it!

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm Katie and I'm 20 years old. I am from Trenton, NJ and have lived in various places in NJ for most of my life. Although I did live in Florida for 5 years. My father was a musician who passed away this year. My mother works at a horse farm and lives in NJ. I have a step dad, Steve, who is a great guy. And I have a 9 year old brother, Lee. I love him to death. He is a really cool kid.

I currently live in Trenton with my boyfriend, Mike. We have been together for over 4 years. I work as a tech at Hamilton Veterinary Hospital. I have 3 cats: Casey Jones (CJ), Lucy and Ethel. They are all still babies.. CJ is 9 months and both Lucy and Ethel are 5 months. I also have a black bear hamster named Peter.

Some of my favorite things: Music -- I love all sorts of music but mainly classic rock and blues. I have a tattoo -- of a Grateful Dead Terrapin (turtle) and want to get more. I like to collect anything that has to do with cats or turtles. I also like to collect Grateful Dead bears... hence my screenname. My favorite color is purple. I love vintage clothing and jewelry.

I would like to go back to school soon but have no idea what I would like to go for. I would love to be able to open my own shelter.. but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to afford a place for myself to live.

I might stick with veterinary medicine and become a registered tech. Next month I get to go to Atlantic City for the ACVC -- the Atlantic City Veterinary Convention. It's neat.. you get to take all sort of classes. A few I am going to take include radiographic tehnique and reading, ECGs, anesthesia, parasitology, etc. I am excited as it counts towards CE credits.

Not very interesting.
So I won't make this any longer.

Just want to say that I'm so glad I found this great website.

avalon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, great thread!!

My I-net names Avalon, I even answer by it
I was 29 on the 2nd October. I haven't got a b/f at the moment as my latest (5 years together) went to Barcelona to find work in MArch and on the 6th October dissappeared, leaving my and the 8 fab felines to fend for ourselves. So I'm available

I live in the NOrth of Spain, and work as whatever comes my way. I'm in the worst possible place to find work, so I'm thinking of accepting anything and then moving out to a major city. Possible Barcelona, as they have decent animal laws. My ideal would be to work as a translator, at home in pijamas and with all my cats helping out.

My hobbies are videogames, cats, music, movies, the usual. I collect cats (figurines, but with eight real ones at home it's hard to say) and have a tattoo of a cat in a special place

I'm glad I found this place.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Shannon and I live in Wisconsin. I grew up in the Oconomowoc area and moved to Milwaukee when I was 13, unfortunately I have lived here since. I do want to move back out to a more rural area. I have 7 cats and 2 dogs...(see signature, there's a lot of names!)
I'll be 31 in January. (Aquarius, but my personality is more Capricorn, and I WAS 2 weeks late, which would have put me in the right spot. No wonder I always feel like something is "off" lol...Darn, I shouldn't have stayed in so long! And, I've been late ever since!) I was married at 23, divorced at 26, but hopefully I'll get married again someday! I want to have kids..(human ones, not just furry) I do have a wonderful boyfriend of 9 weeks and it's going spendidly, so maybe it will be him!

I am a veterinary technician full time and I've also owned my own pet sitting business since 1998.
I love camping, photography, landscaping, reading, gardening, music, movies, and of course, animals!
Hmmm...I think that's enough!

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im jessica and i just turned 23 in october i just moved to houston texas in sept to be with my fiance i have one kitty at the moment (which was my birfday present my fiance took me to go adopt her) my fiance is the best and i love him to death. I grew up in oregon mostly portland, troutdale and gresham but i lived in beaverton oregon before moving here to texas it was a big change but i love it here.i miss oregon for its beaches and woods and outdoor stuff that they dont have here.

As i said i have one kitty her name is Kallie she is a DMH calico she is my purrncess and spoiled rotten i have no kids and am currently a full time student getting my degree in mental health. not much but its okay i want to try everything atleast once before i die. one thing i am looking forward to do is skydiving. as for my hobbies other than my kitty and the computer i love to read, workout and go to clubs and dance i love talking on the phone with my family in oregon and go to the movies and out to just about anywhere that isnt home..loo...i hate being home. well thats about it

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
HI!
My name is Valarie (Val) I am 27 years old Ill be 28 on Dec. 10th! I have been married for ONE WEEK today to my soulmate Charlie. I have three kids of my own Cheyenne 9, Hunter 8, and Nathanael 7, and I also have one stepson Zander 3. I have 3 cats Salem,Isis (brother and sister) and Ailey 2 dogs Missy and Buddy. 2 horse Spencer (think rifle) and Raider. I am a current college student and The Art Institute Online. I like all kids of arts and crafts the messier the better specially if it invols paint!. I like to read books and im curently reading The magicians Nephew to my kids (CS Lewis) I also LOVE video games dosen't matter what its on as long as i can play it lol im selling my house and relocating my family to Minnesota hopefully soon! well i guess thats about it lol

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Wesley (not joe, that is just a joke, sorry to all the ppl i have decieved
)
I am thirteen, 14 on dec 9th. I am in 8th grade. I have two barn cats, two dogs, and three chinchillas. I live in the hick state of Kentucky(i do not have an accent
). I am very smart. I do not date. I hate my school, life, and peers. I hate most everything except cats, my friends, this site and the ppl on it of course.

It is great to read about each other this way.

nekomimi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hiya
I'm Lisa, age 24, and I live in the Boston area. I'm married and have one 5 month old kitten (I just realized today that we've had her for almost 4 weeks
), and hopefully will be able to adopt a second kitten soon. I was hoping for a ragdoll kitten, but my husband doesn't really like the idea of spending $600-800 for a cat.

I am unable to work due to many factors. First of all, I had a knee injury back in July. I tore my mcl, and possibly had a partial meniscus tear (still don't know because I couldn't afford an mri for that). I had a quack doctor who immobilized me for a month, so now I have permanent/recurring osteoarthritis. After months of physical therapy and pain, I can finally stand up and take steps with a crutch! Having a kitty around helps me when I'm lonely or having a bad day.

So what kind of things do I like? I love shopping for clothing and shoes! I also collect cute things, usually from other countries like Japan, Korea, or China. Yes, this includes Hello Kitty memorabilia or anything involving kitties! I'm also a huge fan of asian cinema and animation. Through watching these and listening to cd tutorials, I am working on teaching myself Japanese.

I'm also a long-time health nut! I've been a vegetarian for 13 years, and I love to cook (I do not force that upon the kitten though! She needs her meat!)! Before my injury, I weightlifted with my husband and I just loved it. I cannot wait until I can get back into a routine!

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all!

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought I would take part in this thread!

My name is Kristin, I am 31 years old. I live in Austin TX. I just moved here recently from Washington DC. (although I am a native Texan, born and raised in Houston)

I am currently going to Nursing School and work as a nanny part time. I also am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay Cosmetics. (just the BEST!) You can visit my website at www.marykay.com/kristinlynn if you would like to check it out!

I live with my boyfriend Jordan, and our cat Polly (both are wonderful) Jordan and I met just over a year ago, ONLINE, and met in January. We met again in April right when I got to Texas. At the time, I was moving back to Houston. Jordan landed a WONDERFUL job in Austin in order to be closer to me, and I ended up moving here too.

I LOVE my life, it is hard at times...but very worth it!

I am not shy, so if you have any questions, ASK!

CHEERS!
Kristin

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, Hi y'all. I'm actually in Montana, but my roots are in Tennessee, so that accounts for the greeting. I homeschooled until freshman year of highschool, whereupon my parents thrust me in the the melee of cliques, fashion and actual homework. (You get homework in homeschool but its at home... so I don't know if that counts.)

I'm currently 22 years old and a senior in college... I'll be graduating in May with a print journalism degree, but I actually want to get into magazine page design. However, I have a kinda neat idea for a hemp and organic cotton clothing shop, and I'm also interested in cat psychology. (Guess why!) I've studied voice for the past 9 years and majored in vocal performance for a while but I decided I want to have a chance of eating every night.

I live with my significant other of two years and my three fur-kids, Captain, Kanoe and Toulouse. I finally moved to a house where I could have cats earlier this fall. I knew Captain was coming to live with me (He's been my cat since I was 12), and my bf and I knew Kanoe through our work at the animal shelter. Then in September we went back (I was gone over the summer) and I saw this tiny bat-earred kitten. Well, I started to cry (NOT intentionally!) and my guy had no choice but to give in!

I feel very lucky to have the man I do. He's a year away from his master's in control systems engineering (for those of us who are lay-people it means he writes the computer programs that make big machinery work). He's the most understanding man I've ever met and the only one I know who refuses to argue with me. His standard response is "Why are we arguing about this?"

When not catering to the whims of my babies, I like to read (mostly sci-fi and fantasy but I'm getting into more contemporary fiction - like "Sushi for beginners"), quilt, draw, write (mostly lots of poetry) and sing. I have two cd's out with my family... one is a christmas cd and the other is my aunt's "Mothers and Babies" cd for which I recorded a couple of songs. I'm learning guitar as well. I'm also getting into cooking now that I have a "real" kitchen... my favorite meal so far is a chicken fricassee with dumplings, jasmine rice and sauted zuccinni. I'm also into Ballroom dancing and I'll be competing in March. (I'm scared)

As far as work goes... I work part time at the student newspaper at my university and also as a HTML web coder for a journalism institute in San Francisco. I'm struggling with the idea that maybe I don't want to do what I went to school for, but rather something related or completely off-the-wall.

It is so cool to read about all of you and what you do in your off-line lives!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to update this, remind me not to write about boyfriends that may disappear, in my bios!
hehe....
I'm Shannon and I live in Wisconsin. I grew up in the Oconomowoc area and moved to Milwaukee when I was 13, unfortunately I have lived here since. I do want to move back out to a more rural area, and I would LOVE to have a mini farm. I have 7 cats and 2 dogs.
I'll be 31 in January. (Aquarius, but my personality is more Capricorn, and I WAS 2 weeks late, which would have put me in the right spot. No wonder I always feel like something is "off" lol...Darn, I shouldn't have stayed in so long! And, I've been late ever since!) I was married at 23, divorced at 26, but hopefully I'll get married again someday! I want to have kids..(human ones, not just furry)
I am a veterinary technician full time and I've also owned my own pet sitting business since 1998.
I love camping, fishing, photography, landscaping, reading, gardening, music, movies, Harley rides, and of course, animals! And right now it also includes a lot of "finding myself" again, and redecorating my kitchen...help please!

My dream animals, aside from the norm, include a Bobcat, a skunk, and a fainting goat (lol).
Hmmm...I think that's enough!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been here all this time and didn't realize this was even here!!

My name is Brandi and I am 21 years old. I live in Cataula (pronounce catalla not catoola!
)Georgia and and the proud mommy to Phenom. I like to read, watch tv, go to the race track, shop, and watch movies. I hope to have a baby within the next 6 years and be married and have more kittens too!

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Trista I am 18 years old.

I grew up in a small town where you're lucky if you have a social life. I'm too different for really anybody to like so I pretty much am an outsider in high school but I'd rather be hated for who I am as opposed to being liked for who I'm not.

I volunteer at the Champaign County Humane Society. I've met some really great people there like the foster moms and those who come only because they can't have animals where they live. I enjoy helping out, I've been able to get a ton of people to adopt some cats who have been in the shelter for way too long.

I adopted all of my 3 from the humane society, but the one who lives with me is Jack Daniels and he is my baby.

During my free time when I'm not volunteering I like to play my bass guitar or come online. Music is my life I'd go nuts without it.

This summer I plan to go see my best friend in Canada, this will be the first time we met in person and watch for pictures because I plan on posting some!