Biographies

luckyirish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! My name is Tara and I am 32 years old. David and I have been living together for 2.5 years in New Jersey. I run a small IHOP near Newark Airport. David and I adopted Puppy about a month ago. I love her and David likes her. In return she likes me and tolerates David. Puppy is our 1st kitten. This site is great and I've enjoyed reading all the bios!

david p

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you ready for the david p. story? I'm David Pizzica (note the original user name!) I'm a 56 y.o. single guy from Pittsburgh. I'm a cat butler to Nikki, a tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a tortoiseshell kitty. I've worked as a groundskeeper for 33 years at a local golf course. I caddied there for the first nine years.I'm currently recovering from knee replacement surgery and I am a borderline diabetic. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. (where I adopted Nikki & Daisy). I collect rare and out of print Disney tapes and own a lot of movies on VHS. I hope you are not bored to tears!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Katherine, I'm 22 years old, and a senior Psychology major at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. I'll be applying to masters programs in Mental Health Counseling this summer and hopefully starting that in the spring (so keep your fingers crossed for me). I've been dating the same guy for almost 3 years, Brendan, and he too goes to UCF. My furbaby is my lovely Waffle, who definitely owns me. I'm a group exercise instructor at the UCF gym teaching strengthening classes 3 times a week and I also work at a visitation center.

I LOVE the beach, tanning, swimming at the beach, tanning, playing football on the beach, body surfing at the beach, tanning (yes I know it's horrible for you)...etc etc...I just love the beach. And I'm currently incredibly anxious to get BACK to the beach (I'm from Ormond Beach, FL) since my Spring Break has just started. Another passion of mine has always been dance.
That's enough about boring old me!

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
have enjoyed reading about everyone so now its my turn. My name is Debbie and I am going to be 40 (gasp) in May this year but I dont mind because all my birthdays from the age of 24 (diagnosed with breast cancer and chemo and such) have been a blessing. Iam married to Allan the love of my life for 18 years and we have been together for 21years, we have three teenage children 2 boys and a girl. I quit my job at the begining of the school year as I have gone back to school TAFE doing Medical Receptionist as I would like to be a clinical coder. We have moved around a bit due to Allans work as a miner and have only been in Orange for the last 8 months. It's a lovley part of Australia. We have 4 cats Misty 2 years Smoky 7months and Sacha and Monty 3 year old rescued ragdolls that have lived with us for 10days.

zede

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New here.
(I love that emoticon)

I'm not telling my real name (sorry, don't feel comfortable with that online), but I'm 33 and live in Detroit. In the fall I'll be moving to the Berkeley, CA area to begin (finally!) my M.A. in Systematic & Philosophical Theology at the Graduate Theological Union.

Anyway, my current housemate collects stray cats. (OK, she only has 3 - because I'm allergic - or else I think she'd have kept the last 2 that came her way!) She brought a tabby with her from Pennsylvania. He's 10 years old now and his name is Flannel.

Five years ago I was mugged at gunpoint coming home late one night (yep, outside my apartment building! - have since moved) so my roommate and I started this thing where if one of us was coming home late, we'd call the other and meet down in front of our building to find parking and walk in together. One night in November 2000, I was waiting downstairs for her, and this little kitty came to the building door and jumped up to peek in the window. I opened the door and let her in, and crouched down to say "hi," and she jumped right in my lap and started purring! (She's never sat in my lap since and RARELY ever purrs!) Long story short, I kept her.

Now, I have 2 friends whose cats look alike and their names are themed. So, since my new cat looked like Flannel, I named her Taffeta.

She's a very smart, very bad cat. Actually, I usually call her my "Detroit street cat," because I think people can understand her attitude from that description. She's a toughie! But she can be affectionate. Mostly she likes to curl up by my legs when I'm on the sofa. But she hates other cats, especially the 4th one added to the household. She'll be so glad, I think, when she & I move to California and it's just the 2 of us... although she'll miss my housemate and probably Flannel, too.

Sadly, I'm allergic to cats. I take Allegra and Singulair (hope it's OK to post those brand names here), and use an albuterol inhaler and also Benadryl (and eczema cream...) whenever I need those, but still I have to keep the cats out of my bedroom. My kitty always wants to come in there SO badly, but I can't let her.
The things we will suffer for those cats! I'm hoping when it's just the 2 of us, my allergies will subside a little and I can let her curl up with me at night.

Anyway, that was all more about my cat than me, I think...

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, My name is Diane..I am 22 and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 7 months...we will have been together for 5 years on our wedding anniversary, August 7. We dont have any children yet, but I desparately want to start a family, and he does too, so probably in the next few months.
I have 6 cats...Samantha, shes 16, Smudge, who was a stray that adopted my sister, and I in turn adopted her, shes 1½, and Little Miss, who I adopted from being abused, shes 2 and just had 3 kittens. I havent named them yet...I havent seen enough personality...and I cant tell whether they are male or female yet!
I have 3 fish, and I have a siberian husky named Bjourne. Hes my baby, and I love him so much..I am glad I found him. Hes a rescue as well. I love October when the leaves turn gold, I love to burn candles, I sing when I drive. I want to go to Louisiana one day and see all of the mansions and old plantations. I am so fascinated by oak alley!
I am strong willed, I speak my mind...I develop my own style, independent to the point of isolation sometimes...and dramatic. I am an Aquarian...I am the unstoppable force when I get my mind set on something. I am very passionate about everything that I do...and because of that, I am cursed with caring too much. I dont let people abuse my generosity though.
I love to read and write, and maybe someday, I'll get published.
Its very nice to meet ya'll!

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I'm Torri. I'm a hair stylist here in N.J. where I live with my b/f. I grew up here in N.J. moved to Hawaii at 19, moved to Charleston S.C. when I was 22, Then my mom got sick so I moved back home (she is well now,thank God).I am 27,I have 4 cats all adopted.Kaya who I got in Hawaii is now 8 an abysinian mix.Shadow is now 2 1/2. Picasso (he has a white tip on the end of his tail, so we call it his paint brush tail hence the name) is now 1 1/2. and Tigger who I just got at the shelter last year after Monkey died is around 6, although I think he may be older.In my spare time I love to read ( Im obsessed with Harry Potter books for some reason) garden,decorate, cook,work on my house hang out with my furbabies and oh yeah sleep!

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just found this so here goes.

My name is Dawn and I live in a suburb of Taipei, Taiwan. I'm 33.

I was born in small town Ohio and went to Ohio State where I graduated with a BA in honors in English and Women's Studies. That got me a job in a hair salon that I hated, so I decided to travel.

Went to Taiwan in '96 to teach English and met my now hubby, an Aussie. 6 months later moved to Australia for what we said would be 2 years. Turned out to be 6 and I really enjoyed it. I love Melbourne! If I hadn't stayed so long, I wouldn't know his family as well as I do.

In Australia I missed the US and missed travelling, but I had a job that paid well and could finance trips home. I worked in IT (like I see a lot of you have) as a business analyst and project manager. I hated most of the job, although I have to admit, I must have been good at it as I was almost the "last man standing" after all the job cuts in 2000-2002.

Finally, we decided that what we were doing didn't work for us, so planned a dual approach: get married and move to Asia. We were married in June of 2002 and moved to Taipei in August 2002. We've been here since. I have studied Chinese for a year or so. We both teach English as a second language to kids. He loves it and wants to be a teacher for life. I want to go back to school to follow my initial dream of being a lawyer. We'll see what happens!

We have no human children and aren't sure if we ever will. Our new fur baby is Mitts and he seems to give me a sense of happiness that I didn't know I was missing.

I have to say that I really enjoy this site as it is soooo different from the other forums I belong to, and all in a good way!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a great idea! I'm glad to get know everybody a little better.

I'm Eileen and I live in the Cincinnati area, where I was born and raised. As for my marital status I'm a member of a women's religious community -
that's right, a nun, although I don't wear a habit or live in a convent. No human kids, obviously, but my cats certainly count. Katie, 12, was my first cat and I got her while I was stationed in Belgium in the Army. While we're on that subject, I spent 4 years in the reserves while in college and five years on active duty after graduation. I got my buddy, Willy, (RIP 3/99) after I returned to the States. Gracie came along a few months after he died. Then there is the new addition, Pete, whom I had no intention of adopting, but he stole my heart!

I'm the oldest of three children. Both my brothers are married and live locally so I'm very close to my family. I have two beautiful nieces, ages 10 and almost five, and two totally adorable little nephews, ages 13 months and
10 weeks.

I work fulltime as a writer for a Catholic newspaper and also do communications for my religious order, which mostly involves writing and editing our newsletter. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with the kitties (of course), including volunteering with a local rescue group, reading (especially mysteries), hiking, baseball (watching, not playing) and playing with my nieces and nephews.

That's all I can think of. Take care!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I cannot believe that I've been here as long as I have and have never posted here!!! So, for those of you who wish you didn't know me, and for our newer members who don't know me, here's a wee bit about me.

My name is Cindy,I'm 36 years old, I live in a small town in NW Alabama, just about 45 minutes out of Birmingham. I am married to Charlie (catfolks here on TCS), and on the 15th of this month, we will celebrate our 15th anniversary. My parents and I run a shoe store here in town, and my hub just opened up a bakery around the middle of April, 2005. We do not have any children, just fur-kids, and plenty of them to go around! I love to sew, needlework, quilt and all kinds of crafts.....but cannot knit or crochet.

I love all kinds of music, but my favorites are Southern Gospel and Country. I play the piano at my home church, and have for the past 27 years (yes I started before I was 10 years old!). I love to have the chance to be nice to people, but I hate folks who lie to me, that is probably my biggest cause of distrust and dislike! I try to be fair and openminded, and I love to listen when someone needs a shoulder to cryon. Even if I cannot give advice, I know how important it is to have someone, somewhere to listen to your fears, your heartache and even your happy times!

Sheesh, I was looking back, and I really AM a boring person, aren't I!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK...I finally got a few minutes here, so I'll join in. I'm pretty new to the site, and I've just loved getting to know everyone a little better.

My name is Tari, I'm 36 years old, and I live in a suburb just outside of Chicago. I'm a small-town girl at heart, though, since I grew up all over central and southern Illinois.

My second wedding anniversary with my husband, Pat, is coming up this month. Even though we're pretty newly married, we've been together for a while, though. We got married on the 12th anniversary of our first date, and lived together for 11 years before making it all official. I have a 20-year-old stepson who I'm pretty close to and love to pieces. (He's living with his mother now, but he's close by and we see him pretty often.) We don't have any other children, and don't have any planned (besides the furry ones, of course).

I work for a medical association (like a club for doctors) and my job involves helping out the doctor members who are the leaders of the association. I get to travel quite a bit for meetings, and I do a lot of meeting coordination and planning events and dinners. I also just took on the job of training the volunteer members of our organization. I love it, and it's something new all the time.

In what little spare time I have I like to read and to kick back and hang out with my hubby, my furkids, and my friends. We just bought a house with a pool, so I'm looking forward to some nice weather this summer to have pool parties! I also like to scrapbook when I can find the time.

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
this is great! so many of you i know by your sig, and now i can know more of who you are...great idea

my name is Merriam, i'm 29 i've been married for going on 5 years, i have 3 kids 2 of which belong to my husband, i also have 3 cats you can see in my sig...i was born and raised in Missouri and now live in Idaho, i hate Idaho, but this is where my family's at so i will stay, when the day comes that my parents are gone, then i will probably pack up and move on...i just posted all my job info on that thread about what we all do, so i won't go into it here, but i'm very lucky to have a chef as a husband and my parents own a catering business so i'm guaranteed never to go hungry
i stay at home most of the time, maybe once a month i go out dancing and get sloshed
but other than that i'm not a big drinker, although i do love an occassional beer or glass of wine...i'm a very creative person and am always busy doing something crafty

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I figured its probably time I introduced myself a little.

My name is Mary. I am the big 40. I've been married 10 happy years to Frank (10 out of 20 is not bad, right) - no seriously, I'll be married 20 years at the end of this month. We have 2 teenagers. A 19 year old son in 1st year college and a daughter who turns 17 in July. She'll be a senior in highschool in the fall. Her long term plan is to become a Vet and I credit her with reintroducing me to the wonderful world of cats

I work as a System Analyst. Yep, that's right I'm a computer geek. I create software for PCs and for the web. I also am working on my BSCS (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science) through an online school. I have about 1 to 2 years to go. My husband and I both work for the same company from home. We have set up offices on opposite ends of the house to keep the peace. My office is also my cattery and my creative headquarters. In my spare time I work on a website for my Cat Rescue Org, create special kitty litter boxes and cat trees (this project is under way currently and I will post pictures when I complete it), and so many more projects and crafts I can't always keep track of what I have in the works. If it involves software design, arts, crafts, handiman work, etc I'm doing it. Anything but housework.

We have currently 2 dogs, 2 rescued cats, 1 hampster and 2 fish who live here permanently. Additionally, right now, I am blessed with 4 foster kitties ranging from 4 to 12 weeks old.

I grew up on a farm in Canada so I always had animals around including one or two cats who were always having litters of kittens. When my kids were young they had severe allergies and asthma which precluded us from having any cats around. Just within the last year we were reintroduced to having cats as pets when a little kitten ended up in our care after the Florida hurricanes last year. Long story short, this one kitten (her story can be found here Eve. Its a sad story. ) catapulted me in to the world of foster care for kittens, this website, and many other cat related hobbies and activities.

Since finding this site last month I have become a TCS addict

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure, why not?

I'm Arlyn, soon to celebrate my 37th birthday.
I'm a Seattle native, transplanted in Utah to be with my man, Jeremy LOL.
We met on the internet in an MMO game actually.
Things clicked in real life and here we are, almost 6 years later and engaged.
We both come by our passion for animals, especially cats, through our mothers.

I work at home as a dietary suppliments and spa essentials distributor, and make a few bucks here and there with my hobby of website design.
My hobbies are web design, as I've said, and online gaming (MMOs)

Our gracious cats allow us to share their 2 bedroom condo with them, they also allow our dog, two parrots, trantula and my aquarium to stay too.

Our owners are;
Spaz -11 year old female brindled tortie NFC
Shadow -7 year old male black and silver tabby
Vash - 1 year old male black/white tuxedo
Trouble -1 year old male black/white cow cat (Vash's littermate)
Cassi -11 month old female sealpoint Siamese mix (Ivory's adopted mom)
Ivory (Bug) -3 month old female sealpoint Siamese mix longhair

The other lower life forms in the house (from the cats' point of view anyway) are

Bear -4 year old male lab mix
Abby -11 year old Quaker parrot hen
Murphy -5 year old male Hahn's Macaw
Lloth -2 year old female Chilean Rose tarantula
and 14 odd fish with no names

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm Barbara. I'm 42 and live in Cincinnati (Elicon and MikeNealis-hello neighbors!). I'm divorced but my ex husband and I are best friends and we work together in the insurance biz.

I graduated from Ohio State University with an MA in Slavic Languages and Literatures. My plan was to become a college professor. I was 2 years away from a PhD but I could never perfect my ability to speak foreign languages (I could read and write them very well, but I have a really thick American accent that I could never get rid of). I should have stuck with my original major which was psychology.

I found TCS after Angel adopted me. He was standing in the freezing rain with fleas and an infected eye. He had me at meow so I took him to the vet and then I took him home.

My hobbies are consumer activism, cooking and web design. I also love watching DVD's (except I don't like action movies). Oh yes, and I am a total TCS addict!

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My name is Valerie, age 36. I have been married for over 2 years - My second husband. I have two children from my previous marriage Rory - 12 and Shelley 16. I live in Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown. I am an Online Cop. I love my job its pretty interesting.

My husband works at the same company I do for an ISP service. So we do see each other some - They have him on crappy shifts "midnights" so that can tend to suck.

My daughter is in her last year of school she wants to be a Social Worker
My son just wants to drive me insane

I have 8 babies -
Chucky which was born August 17 - 1997 which makes him 8
I had his mother Nenew when she was pregnant for Chucky - it took her 13 hours to have 3 kitties.. She and I was very attached she would not have her kittens unless she was on my lap
I had her on my lap and the vet on the phone many many times throughout that day. UGH!!! It was a long one. She had Chucky first, then Charlie, then Nome.. All very healthy babies all about 4 hours or so apart.

Ive come into the picture about 3 years ago - We had a previous Ive but he died
so my husband wanted to find another and we sure did find an exact kitty - same color - same fur - same personality - he is 3 years old now.

Max and Jeanie come into the picture about 2 months after Ive did. My neightbor had picked out the brother of Ive at the same time we brought Ive home his name was Harley, she also had a female that give birth two 4 kittens. I would let Ive and harley play together they would have sleep overs too
I would take a couple kittens over at a time to play with Ive and Harley and I ended up falling in love with Max and Jeanie. - Jeanie is actually my hubbies baby, she loves him so much - needs his belly all the time, sits in his office chair when he is not home and on his lap when he is home even follows him around the house and to the bathroom ahahahaha
Silly kitty

Ricky came about 2 years ago when a co-worker asked me if I would take one of his new kittens. I fell inlove with him the second I seen him.

Titden come to my house when My sister and her boy friend moved in for a period of time. She is the same age as Ricky and they hit it off well. My sister moved out but was not allowed to have pets in her new apartment so I kept Titden and I am very happy about it. Ricky and Her would have missed each other very much.

Buddy came into the picture about a year ago. Poor thing was out side of my work for a few days, people was feeding him bits and pieces of what they could. I was finally able to pick him up and I realized he had been declawed and he was also fixed. Poor thing was starving. We took him home and he is a happy very well feed and loved kitty.

Lacie - she came to use last September - A new baby girl that my son bring home from camp
I was so excited to have her. She is so beautiful. I think its time for a new kitten.. It is amazing how much these guys all come together when we bring a new baby in the house. Chucky is like the dad of them all and he keeps them loved and warm, he lets all the new babies need and suckle on his big belly

Well sorry if this was to long but I love sharing my kitties with all of you.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this story!

Originally Posted by DaiDreamer

My name is Valerie, age 36. I have been married for over 2 years - My second husband. I have two children from my previous marriage Rory - 12 and Shelley 16. I live in Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown. I am an Online Cop. I love my job its pretty interesting.

My husband works at the same company I do for an ISP service. So we do see each other some - They have him on crappy shifts "midnights" so that can tend to suck.

My daughter is in her last year of school she wants to be a Social Worker
My son just wants to drive me insane

I have 8 babies -
Chucky which was born August 17 - 1997 which makes him 8
I had his mother Nenew when she was pregnant for Chucky - it took her 13 hours to have 3 kitties.. She and I was very attached she would not have her kittens unless she was on my lap
I had her on my lap and the vet on the phone many many times throughout that day. UGH!!! It was a long one. She had Chucky first, then Charlie, then Nome.. All very healthy babies all about 4 hours or so apart.

Ive come into the picture about 3 years ago - We had a previous Ive but he died
so my husband wanted to find another and we sure did find an exact kitty - same color - same fur - same personality - he is 3 years old now.

Max and Jeanie come into the picture about 2 months after Ive did. My neightbor had picked out the brother of Ive at the same time we brought Ive home his name was Harley, she also had a female that give birth two 4 kittens. I would let Ive and harley play together they would have sleep overs too
I would take a couple kittens over at a time to play with Ive and Harley and I ended up falling in love with Max and Jeanie. - Jeanie is actually my hubbies baby, she loves him so much - needs his belly all the time, sits in his office chair when he is not home and on his lap when he is home even follows him around the house and to the bathroom ahahahaha
Silly kitty

Ricky came about 2 years ago when a co-worker asked me if I would take one of his new kittens. I fell inlove with him the second I seen him.

Titden come to my house when My sister and her boy friend moved in for a period of time. She is the same age as Ricky and they hit it off well. My sister moved out but was not allowed to have pets in her new apartment so I kept Titden and I am very happy about it. Ricky and Her would have missed each other very much.

Buddy came into the picture about a year ago. Poor thing was out side of my work for a few days, people was feeding him bits and pieces of what they could. I was finally able to pick him up and I realized he had been declawed and he was also fixed. Poor thing was starving. We took him home and he is a happy very well feed and loved kitty.

Lacie - she came to use last September - A new baby girl that my son bring home from camp
I was so excited to have her. She is so beautiful. I think its time for a new kitten.. It is amazing how much these guys all come together when we bring a new baby in the house. Chucky is like the dad of them all and he keeps them loved and warm, he lets all the new babies need and suckle on his big belly

Well sorry if this was to long but I love sharing my kitties with all of you.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

I love this story!
Thanks
- There is much more to add but its long and crazy. LOL.. I am a yacker anyone can tell you that if you let me go on , I could blah blah blah for ever..

Good lord I have two problems - I am a yachaholic and a TCS addict hehehehee

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi!

My name is Karen and I am 36 (37 next month). I live in Southeastern Massachusetts and have my whole life.

I have been married for 12 years to Aaron who will also be 37 next month (the day before me!).

I graduated from Southeastern Massachusetts University in 1990. I was a Math major for 2 years before switching to business and received my degree in Management. I was a buyer at a class ring manufacturer for 10 years before leaving in in March of 2004. I used to buy the stones both synthetic, genuine and diamonds for the products we made as well as the gold and general manufacturing supplies. We wouldorder the synthetic stones from germany and I would deal with them on a daily basis.

I am on a hiatus from work right now. I actually go back to work as a consultant (more $$) every so often to train people.

We've definitely had a few changes in our lives since I left work. I now have the time to cook healthy and exercise so I lsot 40lbs after leaving. We sold our house and moved into another house in a different town. We lost our dear kitty - RIP Molly - and now have our Abby. I am still trying to get settled in this house and will be for a while. When we finally get settled, I am thinking of taking a few photography classes and attempting to make a living at it.

When not online at TCS
, I enjoy gardening, reading and cooking.

Ok - I've been babbling and I am done now!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread. What a great idea to keep this post going!

My name is Joanne and I'm 28. I grew up as a Navy brat but unfortunately managed to miss all of my parents' international posts. I was born in Hawaii, as were my mother and maternal grandmother, but I grew up primarily in Washington. I have a younger brother. My parents have been married for 34 years!

I've been married for almost 1 year - our anniversary is next weekend! I'm exactly 5 days older than my hubby.
Even though we were friends in high school and went to the same college we didn't start dating until we were 24 and had both been through some crappy relationships.
About 2.5 years ago we moved from rainy and green Washington to sunny and brown California. We have two kittens, Chloe and Iris, who are the apples of our eyes. Sometime down the line we hope to have children but aren't in any hurry at this point.

My BA is in ethnic studies, which I loved studying and still try to keep up with. My own family is very culturally diverse. The subject of my senior thesis was on the history of the multiracial community in specific parts of the U.S. I currently work in Human Resources, but I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up.
Most people with my degree go into some sort of teaching arena but that's not my calling.

I think those are the basics!