Biographies

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I've never posted on here! I'm Lisa from PA and I just turned 37 (I can't believe I'm that old!) I've lived here for the past 11 years with my bf and best friend Will, we've been together almost 16 years and happily with no human children, just the "love of our life", Sash.

I grew up in New Jersey and after graduating high school went on to study Interior Design at The Art Institute of Philadelphia in PA. I work at a local law firm office not far from my home as a secretary, I enjoy my job and the people I work with and I'm fortunate to have my job. I occasionally do interior design now on a part time basis and would love to one day have my own business doing this, but for now I'm happy.

I'm also a vegetarian and animal rights advocate. I enjoy sightseeing, shopping, decorating, dining out, reading, surfing the net and doing many other things in my spare time. I also love the wintertime and the snow and I miss it very much right now. Most of all I love spending time with Sash, my pride and joy.
Well, I guess that's about it!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

I just turned 37 (I can't believe I'm that old!)
I hear ya! I'll be 37 next month and I can't believe it either! Next year is 20 years since I have graduated from high school!!! Where ahs teh time gone ?

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well to start with my name is Howard Carrick Jones. My 1st name comes from my paternal grandfather the English-German-Welsh side of the family & my 2nd from my maternal grandfather who represents the Welsh – Scots-Irish side.

I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 13, 1955. My mother oddly enough was a Jones also so I am a Jones on both sides. My father Harry was an Air Force pilot who retired on 30 years then went civil service. My mom Sarah was for the most part a wife and mother at a time when that was the norm.
I grew up an AF brat so I was used to moving every 3 or 4 years. It seems like every time I turned around I had another bunch of kids to scrap with to establish my spot in the pecking order. It makes it hard to feel settled when you are moving around all the t1me. On the other hand I did get to live and see some pretty nifty places while growing up. Texas, Florida, Panama, Morocco & Arizona.

I joined the Army in 1972 at 17 and after Basic & Inf. Sch. followed by Jump school I spent the next 4-½ years in Berlin, Germany.

.0When I got back to the States I just bummed around on my bike for about 3 yrs. Then drove truck till 1992 then drove a cab in Reno, Nv. Until 2000 when I decided to live on my medical pension and poker winnings.

I started volunteering with a local cat rescue shelter in 2002 where I mostly foster cats and kittens until there is room in the shelter or they are adopted from my home. I found the cat site a couple of weeks ago and havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t hardly been able to pry myself loose since. Yâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]all are a bunch of good peeps and I am proud to electronically know you.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned so much about you all! And I can't believe I never posted before!

I am Erica, I'll be 31 in October and I'm currently single. I was born in Maryland but my parents moved cross-country when I was 9 to Montana, where I consider home. Grew up, graduated, met my now-ex-husband with whom I set out to travel the world by way of his Army career. I never got to Europe
, saw more than I cared to of Korea, and lived in Tennesee for eight years before moving home in May to care for my mother, who died just three weeks later.

I have worked primarily as a secretary/receptionist since I left college in 1994, but it's not what I am meant to do. I will be returning to college in the fall studying to be a pharmacist. I have at least five years of school to go, but I know it'll be worth it. I feel that I am needed in the health-care industry, and I look forward to earning that degree!

My furkids are mostly my "brothers and sisters," I inherited my mom's menagerie and I love 'em all. Pansy is my "replacement," Mom brought her home when I left for college after high school; she's now 13. Tuxie was my stepfather's cat, a free to good home kitten, and her accidental litter stayed with us. Unfortunately only one of her kittens, Shadow, is still alive. They are 11 and 10. Midnight was rescued from a recycling drop-off as a kitten 4 1/2 years ago, about the time mom brought Cinnamon home from the petstore
Bella is MY kitty, she found me at a shelter in TN last spring and helped me thru a very difficult period in my life. I am so glad she and I were able to bond one on one before we came home to Montana, she is such a love. According to the shelter's records, Bella is approximately 9 now, still a youngster by this house's standards!!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooo bored, so I figure I will share in my boredomness(is that a word?)with everyone!

Well, lets see... I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky. I grew up a military brat, i spent alot of time in Alaska, which i dream about going back to, and Oklahoma. Those are the only places I really remember. I have one little brother, who is now 17. I started playing softball pretty young, I played until high school, when i threw out my shoulder.

Now I am in college, finishing a nursing degree as well as starting a bio-science degree so I can go to med school. When i finish all of that, i plan on joining the air force. I love to learn. I want to be knowledgable about everything. My life goal is to be fluent in Spanish, Italian, Greek, French, German, and maybe Mandarin.
I know, I am a big dreamer! I am married, but getting divorced. I am always always listning to music, I love just about every type. I also like to work on cars.

I am obsessed with Nascar. You cannot get me out from in front of the TV when a race is on. Kevin Harvick is my man! Nascar, House and Nip/Tuck are my favorite TV shows, but I usually keep it on the History channel or the Discovery channel. I love to cook, but I have to be in the mood. I hate shopping. If I have to go, I get what i need and get out. And I spend tons of time on TCS! And that is about it for boring ol' me!

It was nice to read everyone's bio's.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Okay now I'm going to bump this up as we have alot of new members! I deleted my other one cos it sounded funny so here goes..

My name is Samantha-Ann Pratt.. But my nickname is Sam. My username is WellingtonCats, because I live in Wellington,New Zealand and always have.
and the cats part is simple! I'm 13.. 14 in march and I'm a college(for us!) student. I have two dogs Jazz(aka Barrel-Butt) and Soul and a Rat called sally and lots of cats and kittens. I have two sisters, Jessica 14 and Kayla 11 and 3 step siblings. I love music, all kinds! and dance!

C'mon share a bit about ya'll.
Well I only have Barrel now, and my rat has since passed..and I'm now 15.

Also I only live with my Mum now.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a great idea,

okay, i'm 24, 25 in August, i live in Australia with my husband, two cats and a dog.

we have been married for nearly two years now, we knew each other at highschool but were both too shy to introduce ourselves.

i have no children and i don't work, my husband is the dceo at the shire.

i love to paint, especially using oils, i also love photography and my husband just brought me a new digital camera to practice with, i also like embroidery, sewing, reading (thrillers mostly), cooking and spending time with my husband.

my husband and i are both outdoors people and both love fishing, spearfishing, snorkelling, camping, travelling and swimming.

i am very traditional and love to cook most things from scratch, i also love scrapbooking, collecting recipes from magazines and gardening.

i love going to clubs and like to go out for a drink (or ten) and dance until the next morning

my husband is on a working contract at the moment and we are stuck in the middle of no-where, his contract ends in a year though, then we are hoping to move back down south and start our own business, we own an old four wheel drive that is on it's last legs, this weekend we are going to Perth to pick up our new car, i'm soooo excited!

felicia

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I hear ya! I'll be 37 next month and I can't believe it either! Next year is 20 years since I have graduated from high school!!! Where ahs teh time gone ?
Come on Lisa and Karen........I'll trade you guys ages......I'll be 42 on August 5!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Come on Lisa and Karen........I'll trade you guys ages......I'll be 42 on August 5!
That's not that far from 37! Happy Birthday a little early! Mine is the 27th of August!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's not that far from 37! Happy Birthday a little early! Mine is the 27th of August!
Seems like they're are tons of us with August birthdays!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Karen, that's my boyfriend Will's birthday too, he also turns 37. I think I felt old when I hit about 35, I know it's not really old but I feel ancient!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

Karen, that's my boyfriend Will's birthday too, he also turns 37. I think I felt old when I hit about 35, I know it's not really old but I feel ancient!
35 didn't bother me. I think 40 will.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you all are complaining about your age

I though I did this before but after scrolling through unless it disappeared in the downtime last year.

My name is Gail and in 2 weeks I will be 48!!!

Anyhow born and raised in central Wisconsin. I am the older my twin sister (8 minutes!!). I will be celebrating my 20th wedding anniversay in September.
We currently have 4 cats, old man OX, Grizzly, Bobber and the baby Bakker.
As many people on this site know I lost my favorite - Sheba late last summer
and all the stuff that went with that episode.

We live on 5 plus acres with the crew. In am SERIOUSLY INTO GARDENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I garden approx up to 30 hrs a week in addition to my full time job. But on September 30th my office is closing so.......... I'll have more time for gardening. After working almost 20 yrs for the same company I'll be taking some time off and finding a fun part time job!! But really I do some landscape design, sell plants. When I'm not outside in the gardens, I usually have my nose stuck in a book. An average week I can read at least 5 books!! But I sew, do all sorts of odd crafts using concrete and I've starting to take welding classes.
I like to cook and have a rather large veg garden for only 2 people. I have a small orchard too. August and September I spend my evenings in the kitchen freezing produce and making about everything possible with tomatoes!!

My other half like woodworking and we are big on do-it-yourself projects.
We've removed maple flooring from an abandoned one room schoolhouse (Hubby actually went to school there until 5th grade) and had it installed in our house, We've redone bathrooms, floors all the trim. It never stops!!

A couple of yrs ago we built my dream garden shed. We never just do plain things!! We milled most of the lumber ourselves, built the whole thing ourselves and we would be the only people I know putting the spruce siding (ordered from a mill in Vermont!) in December.
Last fall we tore down our other garage (the workshop) and had it rebuilt to look like a barn. We are in the process of finishing painting the trim. Inside we have another project-rebuilding a 1941 John Deere tractor that we took apart last summer!! The other tractor is in the barn on our property about 45 miles north. We bought 79 acres last summer with 2 of by B-I-L's. Last winter we spent Saturday's cutting down brushy trees and trust me there is alot more to do.

So I do like to keep busy-but have time to do some "retail therapy" as another TCS member calls it!! Visitng with family takes up some more of my spare time too.

Sorry I rambled........not too busy at work (58 days 3 hrs left!!)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, how could you possibly have any free time to be on TCS
?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The alarm goes off at 5:30 am and I don't have to be at work until 8 so I have sometime to get housework done before work. Or watering but not any weeding!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Gail, your my hero! If you tell me you live in an old renovated farm house or that you have a barn or a pond on your property, I'm gonna die!!!