Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope so too! She probably felt the urge to pass the plug, and kept going to the box. This is why some cats give birth in the litter box. They confuse the urge to push out a kitten with needing to poop.

It sounds like things are moving along normally. If this continues, there will likely be kittens today. However, your cat has surprised me before!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well let's hope she has them as I for one can't cope with much more of the nerve wracking wait lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sure your cat is ready to get it over with too! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not yet she isn't by the looks of it lol.
She's slept most of the day apart from waking to clean her vulva and when she's been having a little cry. Her stomach has hardened a few times on and off but nothing for the last 2 hours

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi , how's your queen doing ? Just read your post and I know how you feel ! I was a wreck waiting my cat to have her kittens and I was worried aswell about infection because she kept leaking sticky green liquid but it was her mucus plug I to searched Google ! And worried my self sick because all that was coming up was infection ! But I found this site and the lovely people here put me on the right track . She did this for a week before she had them ! Fingers crossed she has them soon and good luck try not to panic much of your with her through it :)

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi , how's your queen doing ? Just read your post and I know how you feel ! I was a wreck waiting my cat to have her kittens and I was worried aswell about infection because she kept leaking sticky green liquid but it was her mucus plug I to searched Google ! And worried my self sick because all that was coming up was infection ! But I found this site and the lovely people here put me on the right track . She did this for a week before she had them ! Fingers crossed she has them soon and good luck try not to panic much of your with her through it :)
Thank you, she's quite unsettled tonight. She will lay napping for about 10 minutes then gets up, sits down, gets up takes a few steps, likes more of the discharge away then lays down for 10 minutes then repeats again. She's not ate or drank in about 4 hours but managed to do the toilet after 9 failed attempts at the litter tray.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The unsettled part is how cats are during the stage one labor. Her contractions are probably getting stronger. She keeps moving because she can't get comfortable. I'm still hoping for kittens by tomorrow!

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww poor thing she's really having a hard time , my cat was so restless she couldn't get comfy no where she didn't want stroking or fussing she would walk away if I tried but the night she went into labour I was going to bed and she was being so affectionate and wanted her tummy rubbing so I knew something was going to happen soon . I had cat can set up in the living room so I could check on her through the night saved keep disturbing her and I checked at 4am in the morning and she was licking her private bits frantically so I went down and with in a few hours she had her first kitten ! 6 in total . The kittens are probably putting pressure on her bladder is she very big ?

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, can't stay put for more than a moment. And then they often get very vocal before active labor begins. Fingers crossed we see kittens in the next 24 hours.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no sign of the kittens so far. I left her be about 2am and went to bed, checked on her at 6am and she hadn't used her litter tray but had kicked every bit of litter out the tray all over the floor. She's still really unsettled though and just keeps letting out big sighs. I really hope today's the day or the vet wants her in tomorrow.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww poor thing she's really having a hard time , my cat was so restless she couldn't get comfy no where she didn't want stroking or fussing she would walk away if I tried but the night she went into labour I was going to bed and she was being so affectionate and wanted her tummy rubbing so I knew something was going to happen soon . I had cat can set up in the living room so I could check on her through the night saved keep disturbing her and I checked at 4am in the morning and she was licking her private bits frantically so I went down and with in a few hours she had her first kitten ! 6 in total . The kittens are probably putting pressure on her bladder is she very big ?
She's not actually that big, the vet said he's sure there is 2 kittens at the least when he palpated her stomach a few weeks ago and then he did an ultrasound that wasn't very clear but got 2 seperate heartbeats also but he said ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate in animals.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This was taken nearly 3 weeks ago. She's got a little bigger but I've noticed today that it looks smaller than normal

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is her stomach this morning at 6am when I checked on her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
samjam samjam

If her tummy appears smaller it should be because the kittens have moved down into the birth canal.

Is she still contracting? Any discharge? Today should be around 67-68 days.

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
samjam samjam

If her tummy appears smaller it should be because the kittens have moved down into the birth canal.

Is she still contracting? Any discharge? Today should be around 67-68 days.
She's still having tightenings every now and then but not regularly. She doesn't seem to have anymore discharge, a lot came out last night but there's been none this morning or today

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What color was the discharge last night?

I'm glad you are seeing the vet tomorrow. He may need to give her oxytocin to stimulate labor. Or she may simply need the extra day or two. But this is has been going on for quite a while now. I don't want you getting stuck on the weekend with a problem and without your trusted vet.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was a yellowish colour, was just like a blob of it then some a little thinner but still really sticky then none since. Her appointment is 3pm tomorrow it gives her from now till then to manage on her own.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nothing sounds abnormal. We'll hope for more progress between now and then. [emoji]128528[/emoji]