Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's now back out of her nest licking her stomach again. This is the 3rd time in the space of 25 minutes.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's clawed my daughter changing mat down and has lay on that and every now and then I can see her doing little quick breathes/pants. She's became quite nervous, the least little noise or movement and she's jumping up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have your supplies nearby in case you need to help her when the kittens come. Towels, dental floss or thread to tie a cord, nesting box for kittens.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got a box with towels, thread, a bulb type thing to suction the mucus from the kittens if needed, I also have a box lined with blankets for the kittens in the cupboard ready to go and get when needed.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really hope so. The kids go to bed at 7pm so hopefully things will get going after that. An hour till then and she's asleep on the changing mat still

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm in Florida, USA.

My cat labored all night, then delivered early the next morning. Perhaps this will be the case with your cat.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought that's maybe what she will do as a lot of people have said their cats labour through the night. I've slept with her every night this week just incase so will be doing the same tonight.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They're unpredictable which is why the waiting can be tough. It literally can be 5 minutes from now or 5 hours from now etc. But she is getting there. And she has you to be there for her so she'll be just fine. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's the waiting and not knowing that makes it worse. She just looks so uncomfortable and I wish I could take it away from her. She really is another one of my babies.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It'll happen soon and then you'll have your hands full with kittens. Mine are 6 weeks and getting a bit crazy lol enjoy these last few moments with momma before they come.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll happen soon and then you'll have your hands full with kittens. Mine are 6 weeks and getting a bit crazy lol enjoy these last few moments with momma before they come.
How long do you plan to keep your little monsters?

lilliesewlovely

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my Samjam! I've just sat and read this whole thread! I think my fur baby is pretty close to giving birth too . Good luck for this evening! Fingers and everything else crossed for you and your fur baby!

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long do you plan to keep your little monsters?
Myself and the vet have agreed to keeping them until they are 12 weeks old. The vet has a waiting list of vet checked potential forever homes that are looking for kittens so he is going to organise and help me rehome them once we know how many there is to rehome.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my Samjam! I've just sat and read this whole thread! I think my fur baby is pretty close to giving birth too . Good luck for this evening! Fingers and everything else crossed for you and your fur baby!
Thank you. I hope we're close.