Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't think of anything like that. It's more of a general check up because she's as heavily pregnant. Is there a chance the vet will want to induce or operate ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would hope not. It depends on the vet, but most will tell you to go home and wait, and to call or come in if there is distress.

She's progressing normally so far. No worries that I can see yet!

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh good. I hope he lets me bring her back home to wait a while longer. She was laying across my legs a minute ago and I was rubbing my hand over the side of her stomach and a kitten was moving like mad and very strongly then she made a Yelp type noise and jumped off me and lay on the floor.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure that you really need the Monday appointment if there are no issues and there is no distress.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes became quite agitated and keeps clawing and meowing at the back door, obviously I won't be allowing her to get outside but whenever I try and entice her away from the door she spits at me and puts her back up. I have no idea what's happened to her as she's been really affectionate until now.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's started doing little pants then stops then does another couple of pants then stops and runs about mad

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I would close her in a room with a nest. She wants to go outside and nest, and sounds frustrated.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've put her in my oldest sons room with all her stuff (his rooms the smallest with nowhere that she can hide that I can't get to)
She's been sleeping for about 10 minutes now but her breathing seems heavier. I've came out and left her on her own to see if she wants privacy to carry on.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens suppose to be really active during labour ? When I was in with her and stroking her sides one of the kittens was really active

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are not usually, but could be.

Is she having contractions?

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her fur from her neck to her back keeps doing a twitch type thing but I've not noticed or felt any contractions

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
samjam samjam

I think the twitch is part of stage one labor. Is it occurring along her sides as well?

Based on your April 7th mating date, she's about 65-66 days along, so she's due any day now.

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's like all her fur is twitching but it starts at her neck and moves down the rest of her body. She's still eating lots, just popped my head in and her bowls empty again, she is making little meows in between walking about and laying down

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is continuing to labor. I'm expecting her to have kittens today or tonight.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope she's close. It's been a roller coaster the past few days not knowing if it's happening.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it certainly has been! And that's not unusual, but it's definitely nerve-wracking!

Keep us posted today!

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I will. Im nipping out to see my grandmother but my hubby has strict instructions to call me if she shows anymore signs.