Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still no sign of any kittens. She's not ate at all though and only drinking I water: no more sickness or loose stools though.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She ate half of what she usually has yesterday but she's not ate at all today. She's drinking quite a lot though. She's in one of her nesting boxes just now, she's not came out of it in about 2 hours and she's not did the toilet or any pee since last night.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm. I have to think she's laboring. It's what it sounds like to me with the behavior you describe.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been popping my head in to check on her a lot and she's not moved out the box yet, when I go in she makes a quite whimper and puts her head back down. Her food and litter still hasn't been touched but I had to refill her water. Shouldn't she still be doing a pee with the amount she's drank ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will pee when she needs to. She's obviously not feeling well. I'm guessing kittens will be here this weekend.

Can you sit with her for awhile and see if she is having contractions? It will be ripples, or waves, through her belly. Or tightening and loosening movements. See how far apart they are. Poor gal. Check for discharge if she'll let you.

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will pee when she needs to. She's obviously not feeling well. I'm guessing kittens will be here this weekend.

Can you sit with her for awhile and see if she is having contractions? It will be ripples, or waves, through her belly. Or tightening and loosening movements. See how far apart they are. Poor gal. Check for discharge if she'll let you.
Her stomach does ripple type movements every 15-20 minutes or so, it was tightening up and then going soft a few times last night but I've not noticed it do that so far today. There's no discharge either, her vulva is clear, it's a bit damp but she keeps jumping up and licking it like mad.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's definitely getting closer to more active labor.
It's so nerve wracking, I'm more nervous for her than I was for myself with all my pregnancies. My hubby isn't home with the kids yet and I really need to go to the pharmacy before it closes to get my sons inhalers, will she be ok on her own for about 45 minutes

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is so confusing. She's just ate loads of her food and is up walking about now.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's ate lots now and finally went and did a huge pee in her litter tray. She did let out a small cry when I lay my hand on her stomach when she came for me to pet her. She is licking her vulva a lot again as well though

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my brother in law to go for me in the end. She's back to her normal self tonight, walking about, eating, chasing a fly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, goodness! This is the way it goes sometimes with starting and stopping labor. Just keep us posted.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will.
She is booked in to see the vet on Monday anyway but I'm hoping she's had the kittens by then.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope so too. There's no need to induce or perform a c-section if she's not in distress.