Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting a little worried. Diva had started eating some kitten food mixed with kmr only once a day for the past 3 days. Dusty refuses to try it. But now Jessie is only allowing them to feed twice throughout the day that I see of then maybe once throughout the night. I need them to eat because surely they should be by now. I'm so scared incase they starve, I tried giving them some kmr earlier and I've now got a deep scratch and puncture wounds in my arm and hand as they went crazy and clawed and bit till I let them back down to play.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They won't starve as long as they have access to wet food and dry kitten chow!

Although they are probably nursing during the night, if mom is weaning them they will quickly learn to eat solids. Do they watch Jessie eat?

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They won't starve as long as they have access to wet food and dry kitten chow!

Although they are probably nursing during the night, if mom is weaning them they will quickly learn to eat solids. Do they watch Jessie eat?
I'm just paranoid incase they starve and end up unwell.
I leave dry kitten food down all day and night and fresh water down all the time. I put HiLife kitten food from the pet store down 6 times per day, some times I give it how it is and other times I mix kmr in along with it to try and see if they prefer that. I've also tried royal canine wet kitten food but they won't eat that either and it cost so much money to buy from the vets that I genuinely can't afford to buy any other kind to see if it's a certain type they will eat.
Yeah they always go to Jessie's bowl when she's eating and claw at the floor which in presuming that they think they are hiding the food. They always pee in their own litter trays now but still not any poop anywhere but I think Jessie must still deal with that part as she's always grooming them. I'm sorry for rambling on, I just can't bare the thought of loosing these 2 babies after everything we've been through with Jessie and the other kittens xx

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please can anyone give me advice.
Jessie stole some of my kids macaroni off their plates earlier today around 4:45pm. It's now 11:40pm and since 11:00pm Jessie has had really watery smelly poo twice and been sick twice. The first time she was sick it was just all the macaroni and the second time she was sick it was just a creamy coloured goo type sick. Will she be okay or at least be okay till the morning ? Emergency vets cost £200 just for them to book you in to be seen them all treatment starts at £100 and goes up in price depending on treatment needed so I actually can't take her as I have no money at all and have no one to ask for money. I feel sick with worry and I'm not planning on going to bed plus I need to keep an eye on the kittens to make sure they don't go near her litter tray each time she uses it (they have a habit of standing attacking Jessie's tail when she's using the tray) plus I'm worried incase she's sick again and the kittens try and eat it or something. She's drinking water which is calming me a little and she's her usual self it's just the sickness and watery poos. I didn't even realise she had eaten off the kids plates as she was with the kittens when I was putting dinner out on the plates, it was my oldest who came through while I set the table to tell me she was eating macaroni. I just want her to be okay. I know I'm maybe over reacting by worrying so much but I've been through so much with her and she's my fur baby, I just want her to be ok.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
samjam samjam

I think she'll be okay once she gets it out of her system - poor gal. She really should be fine soon - no need for an emergency vet right now.

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
samjam samjam

I think she'll be okay once she gets it out of her system - poor gal. She really should be fine soon - no need for an emergency vet right now.
She's laying in the kitty bed letting the kittens feed now and so far no more has came out either end. When she was pregnant she would eat anything she could get into and we used to have to lock her away in another room at meal times because she was always snatching off ours plates, we used to joke that she was a dog in a past life because she was exactly like a dog was begging and stealing human food but she was never unwell when she got a hold of any food before. This is the first time it's happened.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apparently, macaroni and cheese disagrees with her tummy! ;)

She can have eggs, boiled chicken, and plain yogurt, though I know you feed her plenty of cat food!

Try to get some sleep tonight!

Last edited:

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently, macaroni and cheese disagrees with her tummy! ;)

She can have eggs, boiled chicken, and plain yogurt, though I know you feed her plenty of cat food!

Try to get some sleep tonight!
Thank you. She's been fine since she got it out her system thank god. I think I will be making sure she is well out the way if I'm making macaroni again lol

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Just a little update on these little cuties. They are adorable little babies. Both poop and pee in the litter tray on their own. Didn't really need to show them, just kept their litter trays next to mummy's and they picked it up no problem. They still won't eat, diva was eating a little now and then but then decided she no longer wanted to. Dusty point blank refuses to eat anything. Jessie has started letting them feed off of her a lot more again where as before she had cut them down.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Precious little mama's kitties! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

They will wean themselves one of these days when they are ready. No worries. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Precious little mama's kitties! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

They will wean themselves one of these days when they are ready. No worries. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
The good thing is we don't have a set time when they need to be weaned completely as we're keeping both kittens but is there a point in time when I should stop they feeding from Jessie? Like can they just feed right intof maturity sort of thing or should I stop it at a certain age ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No need to stop it! Jessie will let them know.

It could be months. My 4 kittens moved to mushy solids very early, but nursed mom for months. I mean many months, even after she dried up they suckled. They were big too! Mom finally had enough and began growling to let them know.

Right now yours should still be nursing anyway, and will be healthier for it. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No need to stop it! Jessie will let them know.

It could be months. My 4 kittens moved to mushy solids very early, but nursed mom for months. I mean many months, even after she dried up they suckled. They were big too! Mom finally had enough and began growling to let them know.

Right now yours should still be nursing anyway, and will be healthier for it. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Okay that's good then. Jessie seems comfortable enough still nursing them so I will just continue to put wet kitten food out for them and let them decide if and when they want it. Thank you.