Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Myself and the vet have agreed to keeping them until they are 12 weeks old. The vet has a waiting list of vet checked potential forever homes that are looking for kittens so he is going to organise and help me rehome them once we know how many there is to rehome.
Oh, that's great!  I was asking @Krissy Marissy  actually because I had no idea you'd already planned that far in advance.  Good for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's great!  I was asking @Krissy Marissy
 actually because I had no idea you'd already planned that far in advance.  Good for you!
I'm sorry I hadn't even noticed lol. As soon as I found out I knew I needed a plan in place so I could insure they had the best possible forever homes plus I would end up just keeping them all if I could and so would my 2 oldest children but hubby wouldn't be pleased as he's not really a cat person. He loves Jessie but he's not keen on them when they are young and wild lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good you've got a plan in place for the kittens. Your vet sounds very nice! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's good you've got a plan in place for the kittens. Your vet sounds very nice! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
He's been our family vet since as long as I can remember if I'm honest. I'm 23 and I remember my mum taking me with her when she took our dog & pups to the vets when I was like 5. (My mum bred Alsatians) So it's always him or his partner that's dealt with all our animals. I don't think I would trust another vet as much as I do him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is awesome! So comforting to have a vet like that. You and your pets are very fortunate.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! So comforting to have a vet like that. You and your pets are very fortunate.
I know. Obviously I would still take my animals to get seen if it were someone different but I would probably worry a lot more incase they weren't as good lol. I'm a very anxious person so I tend to find it hard to trust people when it comes to my children and fur babies lol

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was licking her vulva like mad and when I went to see what she was doing I seen sticky stuff on her tail. Not a lot, the smallest amount (she had obviously cleaned the majority of it by the time I got over to her) is that normal ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, very normal for cats to have discharge before giving birth. She's getting there, slowly but surely.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well still no kitties. Jessie eventually lay down and settled about 3am. Haven't noticed anymore sticky stuff but she's been peeing a lot this morning which is unusual for her.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's just been to her litter tray 5 times to pee but nothing came out at all not even a dribble. I'm starting to worry about her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats mistake the feelings of labor for feeling that they need to pee or poop. As always, call your vet if you're concerned.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting on him calling me back as he's operating just now. She was meowing so I went to comfort her and she full on claws and teeth attacked my, she's cut my hand open. I have no idea what's going on with her as she's been so affectionate and not left my side the past week

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting on him calling me back as he's operating just now. She was meowing so I went to comfort her and she full on claws and teeth attacked my, she's cut my hand open. I have no idea what's going on with her as she's been so affectionate and not left my side the past week
I think she's just in pain from laboring. Can you see or feel any contractions? Ripples along her body?

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's still having the little ripples down her back to her stomach but her stomach isn't showing signs of contractions x

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's just had a small blob of yellowish discharge plop out and I've googled and it said that it could be an infection but I can't find anything about what the mucus plug looks like. Does this sound like her plug

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it sounds like her mucus plug.

I think she is having more intense contractions, and scratched you because she is in pain and a bit frightened.

It sounds normal to me!

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree, I'm sorry she cut you. She's a bit confused as to what is going on. They usually become affectionate again before they begin delivery. Hang in there!

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet called back and said the same as you both. She's still making trips to the litter tray but still nothing is happening. The discharge plopped out as she came out of the litter tray. Hopefully things are progressing now for her and it will be over with soon, I hate seeing her suffer