1st time mom/anxious owner.. Help! TLDR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's pretty much even on the sides now! More and more each day. She still does bow out on the sides, not NEARLY as much. She's mostly lower tummy heavy now. But she was a petite little thing before pregnancy.

I let her spend about an hour with the other cats, they have been DYING to see her, so I supervised them as the boys like to play fight, and mama is literally less than half of their weights haha

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd say 5 is a good guess, but belly size is hard to use as an indicator. Many times people expect a decent litter and only one kitten is born. Fingers crossed we find out soon!

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's why I'm guessing 3! Compared to other cats who have had 1 kitten I've seen she is so much bigger, and she doesn't seem to have gained any weight except kitten weight. My boyfriend thinks five, a good portion of people on facebook guessed nine but they obviously know nothing about the typical cat litter! I feel like the MOST she will have is five, maybe six if they are tiny babies. I'm hoping for three as that means it will be easier to home one than many! I plan on keeping one (even though I swore I wouldn't adopt another cat until one of my four passed) since it's partially my fault she's pregnant, my best friend will be adopting one, and I have a loving home found, the people who I know (not well, but they are well off with several well cared for pets)

So if she has three, it's the perfect amount. Finding responsible homes is hard where I live since people just up and decide they want a pet without considering the responsibility. Plus the list of requirements I'm making sure potential adopters meet is larger than a rescues.. haha

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I spoke to my brother today. He told me he specifically caught them mating on the 10th (WOW, way to let me know!) and pulled the male off of her.

Which would put her at 61 (62 in a few hours) days. If that was the only time they mated then all is well and it's just very odd that she is producing colostrum so young and not even due yet! He did say that is definitely not the only chance they had to mate and he said he's surprised too if that was the first time!

Personally I believe that it was several days before that she became preggers, but it would make sense if she hasn't given birth yet! Of course mating in the middle of the week would put her due any day now also haha.

Update for the day:

She has been CRAZY affectionate, in my lap, on the keyboard, desk, everywhere I am she is next to rubbing on me if she isn't asleep! Normally she's loving but not this much! Maybe it means something but I'm starting to not get my hopes up ;)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If your brother is right, and her affectionate behavior indicates he is, she's due later this week. The colostrum can come in up to a week before. It's gonna happen soon either way! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's been crazy loving the last week, even having many mood swings with me, but today takes the cake!

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Liz had dried milk on her nipples for at least a week prior. Thankfully you have a better guess at to when it happened! They're usually quite affectionate the last few days. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's doing well, I'm letting her spend some time with the other cats in the house every few hours until I feel like she is close again. She sure tricked me there for several days!

She's been sleeping all morning, curled up on the bathroom floor rug. 

I'll be running over to the store later today to get some more wet cat food, and maybe some toys for when the kittens are old enough to play. I have stock piles of toys, but my other cats don't like to share haha

Any recommendations for kitten toys? 

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sleeping all day and being friendly are the norm. I think she's fooled me a few times [emoji]128514[/emoji] but knowing the date does help. Just a couple more days!

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sleeping all day and being friendly are the norm. I think she's fooled me a few times [emoji]128514[/emoji] but knowing the date does help. Just a couple more days!
Yes! It does help! My brother decided to leave that info out, I guess he "forgot" to mention he caught them in the act! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Balls and play mice, and something on a stick to chase! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

pitrikapril

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is so much like my No No.. I was just getting ready to ask many of the questions you have. She also mated on the 10th we believe. I have been following all along but just figured out who to reply!! Your kitty is beautiful!

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is so much like my No No.. I was just getting ready to ask many of the questions you have. She also mated on the 10th we believe. I have been following all along but just figured out who to reply!! Your kitty is beautiful!
Maybe our kitties will have their kittens on the same day!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I figured we could guess how many kittens she's gonna have. I guess 3, my boyfriend thinks 5!
I was sure Sophie was going to have a big litter! 6 at least...But we had 4 perfect babies! I couldn't be happier!!! Less I'd always better...For everyone involved!

I hope the babies cone soon for you :)

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update for mama this morning! I've been letting the other cats roam free as she doesn't seem super close to labor.

If she mated the 10th as my brother said (looks like she did!) she's 63 days today! So she will be in the room once again starting today until she has those little babies!

I'm going to go out on a date with the boyfriend today (we never leave the apartment!) so hopefully she is still pregnant when we get back!