What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, this happened in my area recently. A comcast repairman parked his truck in the middle of the road (the roads are very icy right now) just over the top of a hill. Drivers at the base of the hill could not see him and were sliding off the road in attempt to avoid hitting his truck. Yet he STILL REFUSED to put more cones down at the base of the hill or move his truck off the road.

And he had the nerve to sit there and say "We don't cause anything". :uuh: :argh: :censor:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Raina21, I had seen that on the news. What an idiot!

Feels more like mid-January here this morning. Rick took The Beast outside for her first pee and she even agreed that it was too darn cold. She bounded out the door and stopped dead. She looked up at Rick and said, "Aw, man, do I have to go out in that yard?" And Rick said, "Hurry up! I'm freezing!" She peed and they came back in house. Quickly.

Now we're up to 17 degrees; with that darn wind roaring, it feels more like 2. And tonight we are to sink back down. I think today is to be the worst of it and the wind is to die down a bit later on Friday. But it's nasty out there today.

And no, I am not walking. I can deal with wind. I can deal with cold. I'm not dealing with both!! Rick even told me to keep my butt inside today. 
 I hit the treadmill this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Clear and cold. 16 when I left the house. Supposed to be 23 then drop as the afternoon goes on. looks like 0 tonight. Then when the winds start the wind chill -20 and -30. We have to go out at 5 for Pumps vet visit. will cover the cage with a blanket. I have plenty of heavy clothing but I always worry the battery will strand me. I hate it this cold. I always worry about power outage when it gets this cold. And the wind is supposed to knock out power. I got a small kerosene heater that's brand new and 2 gallons of fuel in the shed but that will only give us about a day or two of heat but not enough to heat the house to keep the pipes from freezing. I will make sure the faucets drip. Luckily the ductwork under my home has a hole=I left it on purpose because the air blows on the waterline coming up from the ground under the house. I think that is what saved us from frozen pipes. Stay warm everyone! Still waiting for Jon to decide what he wants to build for his home (he's staying with me) and I told him to get a big wood stove and have it in the basement..I miss my dad's woodstove-luckily I have gas stove so I can still cook without power. But for heat we are out of luck. Stay warm everyone!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 degrees, that is hardly freezing, at least once I can brag about how hot it is in here :D Oh, wait...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-12C here with snow squalls. I had to knock the snow of the bird feeders off this morning. The chickadees appreciated it. :) I want to get out skiing in all this fresh snow we've had, but the wind chills are nasty!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still below zero. I think -2 currently. Windchill is colder of course. Bleh. If it gets to -26 Saturday night it will be a record for this time of year. It's not supposed to be this cold until mid-January! Haha, just watch, January will be 50 degrees :tongue2:.

I have a small unvented propane heater in one wall so even if the power goes out I still have some heat, although the furnace won't work without electricity. I also have a small portable propane heater, and a bunch of those little camping propane tanks. So I wouldn't freeze. But since it gets dark at 4:30 it would still be pretty miserable to lose power, have to sit around in the dark all evening.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's currently 0 C and snowing. Going down to -18 C tonight. Back to 0 C on Saturday. And 10 C and rain on Sunday. Crazy roller coaster weather forecast!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
25 degrees right now..we just had a quick snow equal run through here... very windy...

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It's still below zero. I think -2 currently. Windchill is colder of course. Bleh. If it gets to -26 Saturday night it will be a record for this time of year. It's not supposed to be this cold until mid-January! Haha, just watch, January will be 50 degrees

I have a small unvented propane heater in one wall so even if the power goes out I still have some heat, although the furnace won't work without electricity. I also have a small portable propane heater, and a bunch of those little camping propane tanks. So I wouldn't freeze. But since it gets dark at 4:30 it would still be pretty miserable to lose power, have to sit around in the dark all evening.
Amazon has camping lanterns with LED lights that run on batteries and make it really bright enough to read by, 4 for $20.00, I bought some for power failures just in case, it's a really good deal as most others are at least $12.00 for one. They are compact and can be hung up or set on a table or floor.

In case of a power failure I would just cuddle up with lots of blankets and cats and read.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
19 degrees at 6pm in Boston, MA.....BRRRRRRrrrrrrrr 

and the temp will continue to drop overnight.........

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Where are you located in Australia? It must be somewhere in the north to get that kind of heat. Your kitties have the right idea!
I'm in Sydney DreamerRose. We had the hottest December day since the early sixties and the hottest ever Decemeber night. It seems we are breaking records for heat every month these days. 
  Yes, we've been hearing about it.   I'm about 1,000kms up the road, and our highest lately has been 33. 

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is clear with a cloud here + there. We will be in the 40s tonight + low 60s tomorrow.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We have our winter too, here in Israel. It's pouring rain outside. Nothing as dramatic as some places in the US or Australia, or even Europe. People complain about the weather here too, same as everywhere else in the world, but honestly, it's mild and pleasant. Around 15C or in the high fifties for those of you in the US. I have a friend who moved from Israel to Chicago this year and he keeps providing descriptions of their weather in my Facebook feed, making everyone feel warm over here 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are at 9 degrees F this morning. The wind, however, has died down a bit. Still cold out there!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This AM it is 3 degrees, but feels like -9! Our high temperature today is supposed  to be 19. BRRRRR today I miss living in Florida! We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow, changing over to freezing rain in the afternoon tomorrow. Snow I can deal with, but freezing rain scares me and I have to work tomorrow.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Not bad here this morning. We got 1/2" of rain yesterday and there's a bit more expected today. It's 52°F and is supposed to stay around that temp. all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.