What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, temps were around 33F today, there was good shower of water and thick ice on roads became quite smooth and nice to ride with bicycle, but it is too hot, I had only outermost shell of clothing (with underwear of course) and was sweating a lot even I did ride only few miles with the bicycle.

Quite thick fog, no need to start motorcycle as carburetor will freeze solid in a flash!
LOL. Only a Finn would say he was too hot in 33 degrees of weather.

Here is a link to an article on Finland in yesterday's NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/business/economy/universal-basic-income-finland.html?_r=0

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. Only a Finn would say he was too hot in 33 degrees of weather.

Here is a link to an article on Finland in yesterday's NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/business/economy/universal-basic-income-finland.html?_r=0
Oh yes, experiment that had to be done but is made sure that it will fail by too short timing and certain parameters, it is just way for current power to silence any voices demanding change to system that is good only for minority in power, normal stuff.

Many people on that experiment are going to get actually less money than normally.

Btw, I did look some information about tornadoes, it seems we are getting those too, we have had even F3, but from some unexplained reason they insist calling them on completely different name than tornado.

There is couple of F2 yearly, but as our weather is quite random, some years there might not be any.

Sweden is more common place for tornadoes, southern part mostly, but not too common compared to what parts of US are getting, that is a lot of tornadoes:
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/climate-information/extreme-events/us-tornado-climatology/trends

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was -10 this morning without the windchill and -20 with the windchill.  I had to go to a funeral and bundled up with layers.  We're supposed to get a heatwave later in the week, i.e. mid 30's!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sunny and blue skies but only 34 degrees F.   Hmmm. I realize to some of you, this would seem like a heat wave so I'll stop griping. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Sunny and blue skies but only 34 degrees F.   Hmmm. I realize to some of you, this would seem like a heat wave so I'll stop griping. 
I know!  
   It was sunny and 35F here this morning and I was freezing.  
   But I know that is balmy compared to some places!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, yeah, it's 36 degrees right now and that's just fine with me! If it were cloudy and damp, 36 would be pretty crummy though. But today is sunny and not too windy, and the snowpack on the roads is melting. No complaints!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
It's up to about 37 here now, it was 19 this morning when I left the house.  The roads were icy this morning.  I saw a nasty wreck on the way to work that delayed me by 30 minutes, and then after I got here, my hubby said there was another wreck on the same set of bridges.  He also told me it snowed more at the house after I left.

Supposed to get up to around 45 today!!  Yippee!!   This...in West Tennessee..where this past Saturday it was 75 degrees and we had a tornado warning!  It dropped 50 degrees Saturday evening/night and went to below 20 by Sunday morning.  Ugh.  Mother Nature is having menopausal issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I am getting used to it. I plan on getting some skiing in next week on my time off from work. I seem to be used to my nose freezing up. As long as I have 2 pairs of pants on then I am good. Luckily it won't be for long. Heck I would be happy to have it in the 50s.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat   I pulled out my fleece-lined leggings and earmuffs!!  First time in a few years!

Just checked the Weather channel online, our high is only reaching 36 today.  But hopefully no slick roads on the drive home.  Hopefully.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yesterday it never got over 65 and the sky started to be overcast by evening. Woke up this morning, it had rained during the night, it was 60 this morning and now, 4 hours later it's overcast, raining lightly off and on and temp is still at 60. With humidity so much higher it seems warmer than it is, just having the electric fireplace on is enough but a cup of hot chocolate is sure good.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
@Willowy  yep, we are supposed to be getting rain as well.  Yesterday morning it snowed at my house, the roads were icy on the drive in to work, and now they are saying it is going to be 70 degrees on Christmas Day and rain!!  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, it's supposed to be only 40 degrees here, 70 would be really nice. But it was -20 last week! I know we always have variable weather but it's still extra weird.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Every time it gets warm here, we get scared.  We've had some damaging tornadoes spring up in December and January, and always right before it gets really warm, then afterwards, we usually have an ice storm or something!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very weird---it rained all day and we even had thunder! North and West of here got a lot of ice and snow. I can't imagine how much snow we would have gotten if it were colder today---it was pouring really hard at some points! Right now there are 50 mph sustained winds, with higher gusts, and the power is out :(. So I can't sleep, trying to decide if I should get the propane heater out. I don't want the snakes to get too cold. It sounds like the siding and roof may have some damage but I'm not going outside to look. Hopefully it's not too bad, we'll see tomorrow.

ETA: just when I hit the sumit button, the power came back on :tongue2:. I shouldn't whine about having the power off for an hour---I just saw that about 10,000 people up North don't have power because the ice storm took down some lines, and it's going to take some time to get the lines back up, so the Red Cross had to open shelters. That would really stink.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much snow, I really don't want to begin clean it, but it starts to pile up quite a bit already.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 50 degrees F here and sunny. The snow has mostly melted. There are large dirty piles of it still lying around.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wind is howling, I can even feel it running indoors too, I guess even cats feel it rushing in from vent as they have relocated themselves closer to head end of bed to stay further away from howling vent.

Not too much of cold, but that wind does not create much interest to be at outdoors, so instead of good night sleep cats have made sure to push me out from bed instead of chasing things outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.